Moderators: December, Bronze Haired Girl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
keds723
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Re: Chapter 1 ~ First Impressions

Post by keds723 »

On one of my many rereads:

1. Did you relate to Bella right away? If so, what part of her did you identify with?
The normalcy of her actually gave me a sense of relation with her. I can also relate with the separation of parents and the moving thing, which was cool.

2. What were your first impressions of Renee and Charlie?
Renee, I thought she was the typical mom, worry wart. I liked Bella's comments of her about how she was neurotic and flighty. I wanted to get to know her better. As for Charlie, I didn't know what to think. He seemed like the awkward dad that you go and visit on the weekends, but I sort of liked him from the start.

3. What were your first impressions of the friends Bella meets?
I thought they were all rather annoying. I could tell Bella wasn't one of those personable people that wanted friends to be all over her the first day. I didn't like Eric nor Mike, but Jessica seemed slightly normal at first.

4. Were you scared or intrigued by Edward?
I was definitely intrigued. I was just a little bit confused, but seeing as how I knew that there was a vampire in it, I knew he would be the vampire. The second time around, knowing more about Edward, I found him extremely easy to understand.

5. What did you think of Edward's odd behavior?
At first, I thought he was a jerk, just like Bella thought.

6. Did this chapter hook you on the book or were you still trying to see what the fuss was?
I wasn't hooked at the first chapter, but it was very easy to read after the first 30 pages flew by that the next chapter sort of just flowed right in. :)
pennybug84
Protector of Jacob's Honor

Post by pennybug84 »

1. Did you relate to Bella right away? If so, what part of her did you identify with? I could relate on a lot of things. Living w/her mother and kind of helping to take care of her. Also being the new kid at a school. I moved the summer before 6th grade & was the new kid & it stinks!

2. What were your first impressions of Renee and Charlie? Renee didn't really have any opinion yet. But I liked Charlie he seemed sweet & to really want Bella to be happy living w/him. (he bought her a truck which was awesome in my book)

3. What were your first impressions of the friends Bella meets? I liked them okay. I thought the boys were funny.

4. Were you scared or intrigued by Edward? I was more intrigued.

5. What did you think of Edward's odd behavior? I had no idea what could've been going on. It made me more intrigued about him.

6. Did this chapter hook you on the book or were you still trying to see what the fuss was? No I had to keep reading before I was hooked.
"She doesn't know what she wants" - Jacob Black "Yeah she does!" - Rob Pattinson
<3_my_Edward
Wandering Through Town

Post by <3_my_Edward »

1. Did you relate to Bella right away? If so, what part of her did you identify with?
I did a little bit, I'm very shy also and I moved to Washington also and left all my friends behind.

I thought Renee was kind of funny, she reminds me of someone I know. Charlie was really sweet, you could tell how much he wanted Bella to be happy in Forks.

I thought they were okay, maybe a little over-bearing but they seemed to be trying to make her feel included.

Oh, I was most def. intrugued.

I dunno, I mean I knew he was a vampire so I figured I was something vampirey..

6. Did this chapter hook you on the book or were you still trying to see what the fuss was?
I was totally hooked after this chapter.
"...I knew I was eager to get to school because I would see Edward Cullen. And that was very, very stupid." ~Bella
aliacullen
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by aliacullen »

i wouldnt say i related to her but she kept me reading

renee - truthfully she should have put her daughter first. i know she didnt know how she was making bella feel but its not right that bella had to feel like she had to move out of her house to stay somewhere where she didnt want to.
charlie - i accepted since he was the chief of police he would be more military/strict/weary

that they was nice

by the describtion i was intrigued more than scared

i watched the film first so i knew why he was acting like that but if i didnt i would think he just didnt like bella or he liked so much he didnt know how to react to to her

its was slow at the start but i couldnt put the book down knowing something good is going to happen
Dovrebanen
Red-Eyed Vampire

Post by Dovrebanen »

I wouldn't say that I related to Bella in the sence that I felt that she was someone like me. But I liked her personality and her thoughts about things around her. And I am kind of clumsy...And I have moved around a lot so I know what it is like to start over in a new place.

Renee seemed a bit like she wanted to be younger than her age. I would say that she loved her daughter, but maybe she wasn't quite the traditional mother-type. Charlie is clearly very happy to have Bella back. He's the silent type in a lot of ways, which I'm sure Bella appreciates.

Just a bunch of regular teenagers. I liked Angela. She is the kind of person I would like to have as a friend. Jess was a bit annoying, not the kind of girl I would be friends with.

I was intrigued. The mysterious guy, I just wanted to know more about him.

I don't know..I just thought it had something to do with him being a vampire. At this point I didn't know what it meant to be a vampire. But I had no idea about the reason for why it seemed to be only Bella that made him behave like that.

Pretty much hooked right away..I was hooked by reading the cover actually :)
Rob's Halfway House ~ Team Edward ~ Cullenist ~
Stephanie
Settled in Forks

Post by Stephanie »

Well, yeah, in a way I did. Even I have choose a parent over the other like she did, to make one of them happy. Its kind of hard to explain.

I didnt really think anything special about them first that I can remember. Maybe that Renee kind of seemed younger then she is, and that Charlie did show his emotions that good.

I thought some of them seemed nice. But I never really liked Jessica. She is not my type.

Not really.. I was more corious of why he was acting the was he was. She described him as very beautiful before the lesson, so I knew there was something special about him.

Hm, really, I dont think I thought anything special. I was so in to the book, that I just kept on reading. Well, obviously it was a bit strange.. But I didnt really "know" him, so it didnt matter to me at that moment.

Ehm.. yeah, I guess you could say I was hooked! I just wanted to know more, and couldnt stop reading!
FrighteninLilMonster
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by FrighteninLilMonster »

With some things. Her sarcasm, and awkwardness in social situations. As well as how quickly she seems to grasp the gist of things, but doesn't have the best grip on dealing with them. And hatred for the rain, lol.

I thought that Renee was scatterbrained and childlike; irresponsible, but caring. And that Charlie was awkward, but quite caring underneath it all.

I kind of saw through them right away; it was clear that Mike and Eric liked her, and that Jess was using her for popularity. I liked Angela for being quiet and shy like Bella.

Intrigued, from wanting to see more, understanding the magnetism he holds, and wondering what the hell was wrong with him. :lol:

I kinda already put it down to vampirism and blood lust, having read the blurb alone.

No, it hooked me immediately. I wanted to see more of Edward, but it was Bella that I was attacted to and kept me reading.
'Out of nowhere, she was perched on Jasper's back, her lips at his neck.
Jasper chuckled, shaking his head.
"You truly are one frightening little monster."'
~APPC~
futurevampire
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by futurevampire »

She seemed a lot like me. Mature, responsible, etc. I can really identify with the part that doesn't relate to people. I have friends, and I can be normal, but the actual person I am inside me...I don't understand everyone else, I just watch them and wonder how they can be so ignorant of ..everything! I don't really get people, besides me..
Renee seemed kind of childish and cheerful, begging Bella not to leave..Charlie seemed just very quiet and like he didn't know what to say or do.
They seemed normal, and very friendly and actually pretty annoying too, most of them bugged me, especially Mike.
Intrigued, I'd already read the summary on the inside cover, he was obviously the one she falls in love with, I was excited.
I was confused, mostly, I figured we'd have to find out later.
It took about 2 pages to get me hooked. It was so addicting. I know a good book that can grab you so quickly, I'm used to that, it always gets me excited when I find another good one.
Edward and Bella Forever!!!<3 :: Lexicalia :: Team Esme!
Mafia: Natalia Gravano/Nat :: I'm on The List!! ~Marisa
Twilight_Sabii
Settled in Forks

Post by Twilight_Sabii »

I related to Bella in soo many ways!! [Honestly,more than most people would].
I hate attention and credit for things,I'm not so good at the spotlight,and I honestly think I'm completly ordinary compared to other people I know.

My first impression of Renee...childish.That's basically it. She is very enthuisiastic in trying new things. Charlie..protective and serious. I don't see him joking around when the situation is possibly serious.
Most of the boys were abit too friendly. Angela is a great friend to Bella.She doesn't demand information like Jessica, and she has the same qualities [shy,comparatively smart]. Jessica,.. kind of
Mostly intrigued by him...I just wanted to know the reason behind his reaction to
Bella.

To me,it showed that Edward had something to hide,whether or not this had to do with Bella, I wasn't sure. I was certainly suspicious of him and his family [and in awe]
Ya!! Obviously. I mean, I was completly overwhelemed at everyone's reaction to Bella [especially Edward's] and I loved everyone's Personality the moment I read about them. They all just go together.
яєηєєѕмє cuℓℓєη
.:[ℓα тuα сαηтαηтє]:. ‹3
TwilightxSagaxLover
Wandering Through Town

Post by TwilightxSagaxLover »

Alphie wrote:1. Did you relate to Bella right away? If so, what part of her did you identify with?

first thing is first, the chapter one title is First Sight not First Impressions just so you know.
1. I think i did in a way and i did not. I have felt those times where you did things you did want to for the people you love. I think she is like average and the fact that she isn't athletic or great at everything makes her more relatable to everyone. I mean she isn't superficial or an air head and she is real so i mean it makes people be able to relate because she isn't trying to be someone she isn't she is only trying to be her. And just like every other girl she is completely happy with every aspect of herself and it makes her human, not every girl likes everything about herself. She is a person who has qualities that everyone can relate to.
2. I think that Renee and Charlie really weren't much of characters in the book. Although Bella lived with her father i think he was trying to blend in, trying to let her do her own thing and trying to let her be her own person and he didn't want to be the one to direct that. He set the law down when it had to be set but didn't interfere with her choices. I think that Renee was her own person. She wanted Bella to live with her after they got settled but was happy either way. I think Bella made her strong enough to go on her own.
3.) I think that Bella's friends consisted of a few groups. Group 1: The boys that liked her i.e- Tyler, Mike, Eric. Then the 2 Group: The group of girls that liked Bella because all the boys liked her. I.e Mostly Jessica, But Lauren a little because she was jealous and wanted to win the boys back. And then Group 3: The girls who just liked Bella for Bella. I.e. Angela. I think Angela was the only one who didn't flip out over Bella's arrival. I think that Bella's real friends were the wolves when she meet them because they liked her for her and then the Cullens as well but they were her family.
4.)I was both intrigued and scared by Edward. I think i was intrigued because his mysterious scary side was like something that was screaming "Come Hither" or something along those lines. I was scared because he did seem like he was going to kill you if you looked at him wrong but i think that if you look close enough it was only from insecurities.
5.) I thought that Edward's behavior was because he knew he couldn't get close to her, but her so badly wanted to. I was scared that something would happen and Edward wouldn't be able to be close to her. But i knew it would all work out in the end because it already started working when he saved her, knowing it couldn't be her. So i think that his behavior was because he knew that he would not win over his temptation.
6.)To tell the complete truth, i was hooked when i read the back of the book. Then when i read the first chapter i was like " I know this is going to be good." Now i am completely obsessed!
They were not calling to me; they were letting me go, leaving me to the black universe I had wandered for so many lifetimes. It wasn't black at all, it was blue. Warm, vibrant, brilliant blue... i floated into it with no fear at all.
Team Edward