A Chapter By Chapter Discussion of Twilight

Moderators: December, Bronze Haired Girl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
LoveMeSomeEdward
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Re: Chapter 1 ~ First Impressions

Post by LoveMeSomeEdward »

1. Did you relate to Bella right away? If so, what part of her did you identify with?
Yes, the whole clumsy thing really applies to me, and i liked the way she sacrificed living in Pheonix so her mum and Phil can be happy.

2. What were your first impressions of Renee and Charlie?
Troubled, but kinda better off apart since they're so different.

3. What were your first impressions of the friends Bella meets?
Slightly over friendly, but still nice she made friends so fast

4. Were you scared or intrigued by Edward?
Very intrigued because

5. What did you think of Edward's odd behavior?
Alarming and weird. Must have been very awkward for Bella

6. Did this chapter hook you on the book or were you still trying to see what the fuss was?
Yes it most certainly did!
IwannaBeACullen
Settled in Forks

Post by IwannaBeACullen »

1. Did you relate to Bella right away? If so, what part of her did you identify with?

Yes in the sense that I know what it's like to be the responsible one in the parent/child relationship. I know what it's like to put others before yourself and just deal with the effects on yourself. I was never the girl that all the boys wanted so I didn't identify much with her in that aspect. I relate to her being sort of shy but mature for her age.

I felt Renee was a lot like my mom. She means well, and i love her she's just not capable of the whole "mother hen" thing. Charlie reminds me of a typical dad. Silent but caring. She knows her dad loves her even if he's not all affectionate and stuff.

They were welcoming. I liked Angela and Mike but not Jessica so much. Too self absorbed.

Definately intrigued!

I thought he had a conflict of emotions going on and it was unclear which side was going to win.

6. Did this chapter hook you on the book or were you still trying to see what the fuss was?
I wasn't hooked yet, i was only reading to distract my mind.
DailyPattinson<3
Settled in Forks

Post by DailyPattinson<3 »

I was never afraid of Edward.. He is soo hott toooo in the movie holly crap! I love Robert Pattinson! like i'm obsessed haha wow sooo.. yeah no he never frightened me. Oh youtube.com... me and a friend have a twilight show.. nothing is posted just yet but it will start on Tuesday After Christmas.. ! Yeahh so check it out. Our name is StrawberriMilkshakes. Yeahh so check it out!
alima
Wandering Through Town

Post by alima »

I was always pretty shy and I was always taking care of my family and to me that seems to be exactly what Bella is all about. She just seems very self reliant.

Renee definitely needs her daughter or rather she feels the need to need her. Charlie is a lot like my dad. He keeps to himself as much as possible but he still wants to be dad and do what he can for Bella.

Everyone seems to want to know Bella and they are willing to be very accommodating and welcoming.

I was very intrigued. Automatically I wanted to know more about him.

I thought he was going to go crazy or something. He seemed so out of control.

I was hooked. I wanted to know more about the Cullens and Bella and you can’t do that if you put the book down.
beemarie
Wandering Through Town

Post by beemarie »

To some degree, I related to her because her personality is so much like mine. We both are kind shy, hate attention, awkward with our Dad's, take care of people older than us (instead of my mom, it happened to be all 3 of my sisters), and put others before ourselves. [a side note, I hate talking about myself... it makes me feel like I'm boasting about how good of a person I am. Sorry]
But I can't really relate to the clumsiness to the point of disabled. Plus, I'm a proud Washingtonian (WOOT WOOT!) and I love the rain.

Renee seemed like the... okay I can't believe I'm about to say this... but she made the impression of the typical MILF. Kind of like the mom in John Tucker Must Die, but older and not trying to date Bella's schoolmates. And more naive.
I loved Charlie right from the beginning. He has a soft spot in my heart, because the relationship between him and Bella is similar to my dad and me. Plus, he got her a sweet truck.
Jessica= nice. But not totally there for Bella, like a fake friend, you know?
Eric=Annoying! But his character made me laugh. I know so many boys like him... kind of creepy, but not intentionally.
Mike= probably my favorite one of Bella's friends. But why did he have to make everything awkward?

Intrigued. Anyone who is described like a angel always intrigues me. Plus if anyone stared at me who was that amazing, I would want to talk to them. ;)

Honestly? I was pissed. When i read, I put myself as the main character. I wanted Edward to know right from the get go that he was in love with me. But when he acted like I was a pariah, I was angry. What had I done?

Let's put it this way, I wanted to keep reading, but I was able to put it down.
~Bee Marie
Karleigh
Settled in Forks

Post by Karleigh »

Somewhat. I have always been kind of shy and introverted. I am also very clumsy, I cannot function in society because of my lack of coordination. I know that if I were in her situation (with he parents being separated) I would've had the same problems with going to a new school.

I thought Renee seemed like a mom who tries too hard to be a "cool mom". As for Charlie, I felt that he just felt awkward with the new situation (even though he was happy) with him now housing his daughter who obviously hates where she is now living.

It was completely obvious that Jessica was totally fake. I've dealt with that enough to spot it from a mile away. I found all the human guys to be annoying too, they totally needed to back off and give Bella some space.

More intrigued. I had no clue what was going on, and due to my unquenchable curiosity, I had to continue on to the next chapter without delay.

I needed to know what was going on and what was going to happen next. Not wanted, but needed. I needed to know each and every little detail and reason behind his behavior.

I was hooked. My curiosity caused an instant connection.
m!12
Settled in Forks

Post by m!12 »

in a way. i mean i used to get made fun of alot in middle school, so i understand how it feels to not fit in, and why she was so aprehensive about her first day of school. but now i'm a really bubbly outgoing blonde who has an obsession for books.

i relate to renee extremely well, so i love her! she is reckless but caring and easy to get along with, kind of like me! but i don't exactly like charlie in the beginning of the book. he doesn't express his emotions and he ignores bella alot which i don't like, but as i kept reading, he grew on me.

haha, jessica is really funny. a tad annoying and bitter for my taste just because edward likes bella, but she's alright. mike newton is my least favorite person though. he is a perverted jerk who needs a personality. eric was a pretty cool kid, even though he is a chess nerd. angela has to be my favorite of bella's human friends. she is pure and kind and really easy to get along with.

a little of both. he is ruggedly handsome, which is kindof scary in an inhuman way, but i am very interested in what his deal is with bella. i mean, he doesn't even know her and he is already acting furious every time hee sees her? that's definitely strange. and since i am a curious person, i was intrigued by him.

i didn't know what to think of his behavior. i knew that he was obviously not in love with bella like most of the other boys were on her first day of high school at forks. i just didn't know what until i kept reading. i decided not to be judgemental until i heard his side of it, which was right to do because there is no reason to hate him when he was, in a strange way, trying to protect her.

i was hooked from the first page. it was strange because it usually take a coople of chapters to really get into a book, but everytime a paragraph ended, i was metephorically on the edge of my seat wondering what happened next.
Mrs. Jasper Hale
Lusting for Blood

Post by Mrs. Jasper Hale »

I'm re-reading the books so I figured I would do this.

Yeah totally. How worried she was about going somewhere new and not knowing anyone and being an outsider. I feel that way when I am going somewhere different.

I never really notice Renee at this point but for Charlie, he just reminds me of a lot of guys I know. You know, he cares but can't show it.

Total small town kids! Eric seemed kinda strange, but I really liked Angela and Jessica. Mike, well, he was just a bit to obvious for me.

Intrigued! I mean, she didn't stink of anything so why didn't he like her? She couldn't be that bad.

I answered this in question 4

No, it didn't. It wasn't until I finished chapter 2 that I got really hooked.
"Forged in war, born of death, saved by love." -Jackson Rathbone on Jasper Hale
ImageImage
Twilight Mafia- Roxy Bengaza
lunamia
Wandering Through Town

Post by lunamia »

I did relate to Bella. The quiet, shy, dont want to be in the spot light kind of girl. Among other things..

Renee..a mom that wants to be a friend instead of a parent. I am not a fan of that and maybe thats why I dont really like her very much.
Charlie seems like a good father. I like him.

My first impressions where actually fairly good. I have been the new person in school and it can be very intimidating, especially when there are friendships already established. Jessica, Angela, Mike and Erick seem very friendly and open. (whether their intentions where as good its different but still). If I was Bella, I would be hanging out with Angela for the most part.

Oh..Intrigued for sure.

I knew that it had to do something with the fact that he was a vampire but that as far as thought of it.

I was hooked .
Mrs. Black
Settled in Forks

Post by Mrs. Black »

Since my parents aren't separated, I can't say I related to her. I don't have to travel to see different parents. And my dad can cook. ;)

Renee just seemed like a supermodel overprotective of her pet chihuahua to me. x3 Charlie seemed really...fatherly to me. He got Bella a car and everything.

It was kind of scary when Mike became all obsessed with her. Jessica and Angela were cool, though.

I thought it was kind of stalkerish of him to stare at her. To seem more human he could've, like, slipped a note in her seat or something.

At first I was wondering why he would do that, but as I read on, I realized that it was because he was scared because he couldn't read her mind. Like, maybe he though she was some kind of mythical creature as well.

I was still trying to see why everyone was obsessed with it. I was like, "What's so great about this?"

"Life sucks and then you die. Yeah, I should be so lucky." -Jacob Black