A Chapter By Chapter Discussion of Twilight

Moderators: December, Bronze Haired Girl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Elisabeth33
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Re: Chapter 2 ~ Open Book

Post by Elisabeth33 »

1. Where did you think Edward had gone off to at the start of the chapter and why did you think he had vanished?
I thought he was staying at home.

2. We learn a few things about Bella's parents in this chapter. Charlie can't cook - Renee is rather needy and so on. What does this tell us about Bella as an individual?
She takes care of others really well. That's why she doesn't like it when Edward tries to protect her, she hasn't been protected by anybody like that before and she's not used to it.

3. What was your reaction to the polite way Edward treated Bella when he returned? Did you think he was putting on a show? How did it change your thoughts about his initial reaction to her?
I was surprised, like Bella. Yes, I thought he was putting on a show. I was so confused between his initial reaction and the show he was putting on.

4. What was your first explanation for the change in Edward's eye color?
I thought he maybe had gotten contacts after all, even though he told Bella he hadn't.
debussygirl
Joining the Hunt for Enemies

Post by debussygirl »

1. Where did you think Edward had gone off to at the start of the chapter and why did you think he had vanished?
I wasn't smart enough to try and figure it out, I just went with the story.
2. We learn a few things about Bella's parents in this chapter. Charlie can't cook - Renee is rather needy and so on. What does this tell us about Bella as an individual? She's very mature and hasn't really ever had time to just be a kid.

3. What was your reaction to the polite way Edward treated Bella when he returned? Did you think he was putting on a show? How did it change your thoughts about his initial reaction to her? I was really confused, I thought he hated her, but this is where I was absolutely sucked in to the point of no return, trying to know why all of this was happening.

4. What was your first explanation for the change in Edward's eye color? I thought it had something to do with his vampireness.
Team Edward&Esme~SBS Assistant 2 the Cobosses~APPC
St Cullens Head of Neurology~Tetrarch
Need something to read? Try http://www.jennacooper.com
Mrs.Mylifenow,Cullen
Learning to Love Green
Location: In our cottage with Edward "baking", wile Esme babysits Carlie.

Post by Mrs.Mylifenow,Cullen »

I though that he either left or stayed home, but was leaning towards left as the days went on. I knew he had to comeback somehow.

2. We learn a few things about Bella's parents in this chapter. Charlie can't cook - Renee is rather needy and so on. What does this tell us about Bella as an individual?
I think that she had to grow up fast and that made her more mature in allot of ways, she had to deal with divorce and having to help her mother get through life without making a mess of it so she had to be the sensible one.

3. What was your reaction to the polite way Edward treated Bella when he returned? Did you think he was putting on a show? How did it change your thoughts about his initial reaction to her?
I was so curious to know what was going to happen was he going to leave in the middle of the class because he couldn't stand it. I didn't thimk he was faking the interest I think he was interested in knowing why she affected him that way.

I didn't quite know what to think but by the way he responded and reacted when she asked about them I figured that it had to do with his eating habbit.
Banner by "'twahy-lahyt'" aka Shel!
Thanks Shel your amazing!!!
AngelinaShadow
Settled in Forks

Post by AngelinaShadow »

I figured he had either transferred, left entirely or would be back when he had better control of himself.

Obviously Bella has had to mature emotionally and mentally a lot quicker than many of her peers. Having parents who seem emotionally unavailable and physically unavailable will leave her with a few gaps that she needs to fill by being strong and independent and self-sufficient.

I thought yes, he's finally got his act together and is acting with a modicum of courtesy! I thought he was genuinely trying to make amends, and really figure this girl out. I think I forgave him for his earlier reaction, the guy was caught offguard by his reaction to her, at least he was now making an effort!

4. What was your first explanation for the change in Edward's eye color? Contacts or...Vampire! :D
alice_is_my_homegirl

Post by alice_is_my_homegirl »

1. Where did you think Edward had gone off to at the start of the chapter and why did you think he had vanished? I thought that he was at home.

2. We learn a few things about Bella's parents in this chapter. Charlie can't cook - Renee is rather needy and so on. What does this tell us about Bella as an individual? She is a VERY responsible person.

3. What was your reaction to the polite way Edward treated Bella when he returned? Did you think he was putting on a show? How did it change your thoughts about his initial reaction to her? I kept thinking "WHAT IS HIS PROBLEM?!?!"

4. What was your first explanation for the change in Edward's eye color? I was bambozzled! At first, I thought contacts.
Team Edward: Bringing Sexy Back Since 1901!
rosalie_girl100
Settled in Forks

Post by rosalie_girl100 »

I thought that he just had stayed home, to be away from Bella.
Bella probably has to do everything for herself and for others. People depend on her.
I thought is was just suspicious. I don't think he was putting on a show because there wasn't really any one to put a show on for. I did change my thoughts about him though.
Um...I thought maybe he had eyes that change color. Some people do have those kind of eyes.
If only I could find my prince, my teddy bear, my puppy

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3241/307 ... 0e.jpg?v=0
biteme21
Settled in Forks

Post by biteme21 »

I thought at first that Edward was just staying at home because of his obvious aversion to Bella. I figured he was trying to get over it.

It told me that Bella is used to having a lot of responsibility and is an adult in a teenagers body. she is mature beyond her years and takes care of the people she loves.

Honestly, i was expecting something like that to happen. Edward couldnt go on ignoring her. It seemed like a show he put on to me, but also i could kind of see a little bit on sincerity behind the show

I thought that it had something to do with him being a vampire, and knowing that he was a "vegitarian" vampire i presumed it was something about his eating habits.
lexii_x33
Settled in Forks

Post by lexii_x33 »

I thought that Edward dropped out of school or something. I thought that he was totally psycho and I didn't really think that he was going to be a main character so I wasn't really concerned with it. Boy was I wrong!

I honestly thought of Bella as someone who never did anything for themselves, who always did what people wanted her to do and never really took any risks. As the book progressed I learned more about her character, but that was my initial though of her.
I thought that Charlie and Renee were really bad parents--neither could take care of themselves and I didn't think it was fair that Bella had to take care of them.

I was so confused by how Edward treated Bella when he came back...I thought he was trying to make up for being such a creep the last time he showed up to class.

I thought he got contacts and lied to her about it...
natterss707

Post by natterss707 »

I wasn't really sure. I thought he was going to move away for a little while and come back later in the book to be completely honest, but I knew he had to come back eventually. It disappointed me though.

It tells me that Bella is really mature for her age. I think that is one major quality of her that I can relate to. A lot of people feel like I'm very mature for my age, and it's because of the certain issues that I had to go through with family and friends throughout high school. She seems very dependent on herself and that is definitely a good thing.

I didn't really expect it so soon. It was weird because if I were Bella I would be just as pissed about the way he was acting with no explanation. It was just kind of frustrating. But I liked that he was finally being nice.

I thought it had something to do with his mood. But it took me a while to get to the conclusion about his thirstiness.
made by Ostentatious6277 @ Vesperarium
Credit fallingbeauty@Vesperarium for avatar.
twilightbelle<3
Touched By Cold Hands

Post by twilightbelle<3 »

I thought maybe he was just...sick? I don't know. I thought he was a trouble maker, that excited me.

She had obviously been taking care of herself, for a while! She has needy parents, I can relate to that, well...before I was adopted.

I thought it was really sweet, that he talked to her. That he wasn't so embarrassed, after the way he had, not-treated her! XD I didn't have any sour grapes towards him at first, because, -shrug- the whole 'first and lasting impressions' thing...I never really abide by that...

I thought he was just cool...although it was a huge change, a lot of people have 'change-y' eyes! My brother does! :)
ImageImage
E<3B