1. Bella is surprised and touched that Charlie put snow chains on her truck because she isn't used to people taking care of her. Later on we know that Renee called Bella hysterical to have her come home yet Renee wasn't in Phoenix. Given all of this what were your impressions of Renee?
I liked her still, sure, but she seemed overly needy and hysterical. Not like a person with things gathered together - and still definitely not like the parent of a teenager.
2. The accident is the first great action scene in the book. Did you get all the details right in your head the first time, or did you realize you missed finer points when Bella thinks about the accident later?
I got most of it, but I had to read the scene a few times to pick out the details of exactly where and how the accident was taking place.
3. What did you think about Charlie's response to the accident?
Totally different to Renee's: Charlie did everything right to me. He got to the scene, ensured Bella was properly checked out, took her home and watched over her all night and even told Renee. It made me like Charlie even more, the contrast between how he and Renee parented.
4. This is the first time we meet Carlisle. What were your first impressions?
I liked him pretty much instantly. He seemed very sweet and patient, but also a little mysterious with Bella's "the doctor was in on it" line. I still find that funny.
5. Did Edward's cool and even sarcastic comments regarding the accident intrigue you or frighten you?
Intrigued me. After seeing how urgent he was to save her and ensure her safety, and then to make sure she'd lie for him, the mood swing and lying about hitting her head really made me want to understand what he was playing at.[ Post made via Mobile Device ]