A Chapter By Chapter Discussion of Twilight

Moderators: December, Bronze Haired Girl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
misskiley
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Re: Epilogue ~ An Occasion

Post by misskiley »

1. Did you figure out right away that they were on their way to prom or did you, like Bella, have something else in mind?
It seemed fairly obvious where they were going.. lol only Bella would be unobvservant.

2. If you haven't read the extended prom remix at Stephenie's site, I encourage you to do so right now. If you have read it, do you think the shorter version is better? What parts of the extended version do you think should have been left in the book and why?
I think the whole extended version should be in the book.. I can never get enough Twilight!!! lol The whole part with Rosalie being nice to her was quite shocking when I read it. Plus there's a bunch of Alice! In the deleted chapters from the book on SM website there is so much more Alice.. I <3 Alice!

3. How did you feel about Jacob at the prom? And please, try to ignore any feelings you may have developed about him from New Moon. Remember at the end of Twilight, Jacob doesn't believe in the superstitions of his people and is only there to get parts for his car
We've all had to do things for our parents, whether we believed in them or wanted to do them. He obviously cares a lot about Bella and his dad.. I feel it's a good breaking into New Moon too

4. The last line of Twilight has confused many readers as they assume Edward bites her right then and there. Were you one of those people? Be honest! And how did you feel about that ending? If you read the book when it first came out, were you desperate for more? If you read the book recently, did you know there was a sequel and were already planning to read it?
I didn't think he was biting her at all! After I started looking up Twilight things, I read people thought Edward bit her and I was like what!?! I thought Twilight was only one book.. I started reading it AFTER the saga had already been complete.. so I was pretty shocked to learn there was three more books! I was obsessed with Twilight from the first chapter :)
Timothy
Learning to Love Green

Post by Timothy »

1. Did you figure out right away that they were on their way to prom or did you, like Bella, have something else in mind?

Well, I saw the movie first, so I knew what was going on.

2. If you haven't read the extended prom remix at Stephenie's site, I encourage you to do so right now. If you have read it, do you think the shorter version is better? What parts of the extended version do you think should have been left in the book and why?

I haven't actually read the extended version. I don't know why, I've read the rest of the outtakes. I'll have to rectify this now.
:D

3. How did you feel about Jacob at the prom? And please, try to ignore any feelings you may have developed about him from New Moon. Remember at the end of Twilight, Jacob doesn't believe in the superstitions of his people and is only there to get parts for his car

I'll try to not let my opinion of him in NM show any bias. I felt for the kid. I mean what's more nerve wracking than being paid to tell the girl you have a crush on to leave her boyfriend? This is when he is innocent and just trying to do what his father tells him.

4. The last line of Twilight has confused many readers as they assume Edward bites her right then and there. Were you one of those people? Be honest! And how did you feel about that ending? If you read the book when it first came out, were you desperate for more? If you read the book recently, did you know there was a sequel and were already planning to read it?

Again, I saw the movie first, so I knew. I liked the ending. If it was necessary it could be an ambiguous ending that could have ended the series if it hadn't become popular. And as soon I as read the book, I was desperate for more and rushed out to get the rest of the series.

Death is peaceful, easy. Life is harder.
Susie
Frozen in Time

Post by Susie »

I knew that he was taking her to the prom.

2. If you haven't read the extended prom remix at Stephenie's site, I encourage you to do so right now. If you have read it, do you think the shorter version is better? What parts of the extended version do you think should have been left in the book and why?It's a fun read, but I understand that it was getting too long. I LOVED how Edward made dinner for her! Very romantic, especially since he was not going to eat any of it!

3. How did you feel about Jacob at the prom? And please, try to ignore any feelings you may have developed about him from New Moon. Remember at the end of Twilight, Jacob doesn't believe in the superstitions of his people and is only there to get parts for his carI felt sorry for Jacob having to do that for his dad. I really liked the Jacob character at that point because he was definitely "just a friend".

4. The last line of Twilight has confused many readers as they assume Edward bites her right then and there. Were you one of those people? Be honest! And how did you feel about that ending? If you read the book when it first came out, were you desperate for more? If you read the book recently, did you know there was a sequel and were already planning to read it?I never thought he was going to bite her then! Just more eroticism! When I first read the book, I was lucky because the entire Saga was already published. Yes, I knew I was going to go directly to New Moon and then Eclipse and then Breaking Dawn. I would have been dying if I had read it when it was first out in hard cover! I would have wanted more!!!
Brienna
Has Caught Sight of Edward

Post by Brienna »

I knew it right away.

It should have been in the book.

I thought he was sweet.

No, I didn't think he made her a vampire, because he was so persistent in not wanting her to become one. I thought it was a good ending. And I knew there were more books, I already got the second and third while I was still reading the first.
Gochiruzeru
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by Gochiruzeru »

I already knew. ;)

I haven't read it, but it sounds interesting -- I'll have to look over it soon.

3. How did you feel about Jacob at the prom? And please, try to ignore any feelings you may have developed about him from New Moon. Remember at the end of Twilight, Jacob doesn't believe in the superstitions of his people and is only there to get parts for his car.

I think he was cute, as usual, but I was annoyed at Billy for sending him out there and intruding on Bella's time with Edward.

I knew that he didn't bite her, and I really liked the ending! I am currently waiting for New Moon to arrive at the library so I can read it. :D
desire4vampires
Wandering Through Town

Post by desire4vampires »

Epilogue ~ An Occasion

It dawn on me when Tyler called and asked if Bella was available.

I think that the extended version was better. They should have left in the parts where Alice and Rosalie were doing Bella’s make-up and hair. Also when Bella and Edward saw each other for the first time all dressed up for prom. The dinner that Edward made for Bella was cute and romantic. The part where Charlie admires Edward’s car didn’t fit since he was still mad at him for the accident. I liked most of the parts in the extended version though.

I mean it was rude towards Edward since it was kind of their night, but I thought that Jacob was adorable with Bella. I just wish that he would of picked another time to tell her.

I knew he didn’t bite her. He’s too stubbornly against it to do it so soon. Plus that would have been like the end of the series if he did. I thought the ending was cute how he teased her and then kissed her neck. I wanted to read more and I was planning to read the sequel.
skatepixie
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by skatepixie »

I thought it was prom.

I love the extended version and I think it should have been left in the book in full. I love seeing Alice at work, dressing Bella up -- I also love seeing the interaction of them all.

3. How did you feel about Jacob at the prom? And please, try to ignore any feelings you may have developed about him from New Moon. Remember at the end of Twilight, Jacob doesn't believe in the superstitions of his people and is only there to get parts for his car.
I felt bad for him, being manipulated by his dad.

Yes, I was "one of those people." I wanted her to be changed, but I wanted it to be less cryptic. I went out that day to get New Moon to see if she got changed or not. :lol:
Tornado
Member: LaPush Cliff Diving Team

Post by Tornado »

I didn't ever think it was what she was hoping for!

I liked the extended bit a little better, because we got to see Edward seeing Bella dressed up and his response to that. However, the rest of it was a bit indulgent!

I think that he was wanting to go because he got to see Bella looking pretty, but it was clear he wasn't happy about what he was sent to do. I felt sorry for him.

No. I was quite astounded when I heard that people thought that he'd bitten her then. Why go through all that to give in at that moment? It made no sense to me. What's more, I think if he had bitten her, it would have got a bit more of a mention! I already had New Moon when I finished Twilight, and I was a bit reluctant, because I knew Edward left in it. But I wanted more, so I couldn't stay away for long!
dkbites
Settled in Forks

Post by dkbites »

-I get so engulfed in these books that, like Bella, I too get very caught off guard with Edward's surprises. I was clueless!

This forum is amazing, I am learning so many wonderful things about the world of Twilight I still have yet to explore. The prom remix will come after I finish this reply.

Obviously Jacob was embarrassed to be there, but I still find it adorable that he obeyed his father's wishes to warn Bella, even if it was for car parts. :D

I read Twilight before the release of Eclipse, so New Moon had been available during this time. So, naturally, I was desperate for more and was able to quench my Twilight thirst with New Moon. I never thought that he bit her at this time, I knew Edward felt so strong about her human life that he wasn't going to give in that easily.
Mini
Settled in Forks

Post by Mini »

----I had thought they were going to a date or something like that, But I didn't think they would go to Prom because that wasn't what Bella had wanted and Edward gave Her whatever she wanted...

----I read it and I thought it was not too good and the shorter version was better.

----I just figured out that he liked Bella.. There were no hard feelings for him there.

--- When I read the book I somehow knew Edward won't change Bella even if she begged ( ofcourse He would do it if her life depended on it).
But I really wished that it would have more sequels.. and my wish came true..