A Chapter By Chapter Discussion of Twilight

Moderators: December, Bronze Haired Girl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
ashleygill03
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Re: Epilogue ~ An Occasion

Post by ashleygill03 »

1. Did you figure out right away that they were on their way to prom or did you, like Bella, have something else in mind?
Yeah, at that point it was pretty obvious where he was taking her.

2. If you haven't read the extended prom remix at Stephenie's site, I encourage you to do so right now. If you have read it, do you think the shorter version is better? What parts of the extended version do you think should have been left in the book and why?
I haven't read that yet, but I will right now if I can find it.

3. How did you feel about Jacob at the prom? And please, try to ignore any feelings you may have developed about him from New Moon. Remember at the end of Twilight, Jacob doesn't believe in the superstitions of his people and is only there to get parts for his car
I think it's overstepping a boundary on Billy's part, but he believes it is life or death for Bella. To an extent, Billy is right. He is Charlie's best friend, and he feels it his duty.

4. The last line of Twilight has confused many readers as they assume Edward bites her right then and there. Were you one of those people? Be honest! And how did you feel about that ending? If you read the book when it first came out, were you desperate for more? If you read the book recently, did you know there was a sequel and were already planning to read it?
I already had the sequel before I finished it. I knew there would be a lot more debate over changing Bella.
kaitlyncullen
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by kaitlyncullen »

1. Did you figure out right away that they were on their way to prom or did you, like Bella, have something else in mind?
i pretty much thought that's where he would take her.

2. If you haven't read the extended prom remix at Stephenie's site, I encourage you to do so right now. If you have read it, do you think the shorter version is better? What parts of the extended version do you think should have been left in the book and why?
i liked knowing that edward liked to collect cars and i pretty much liked the whole thing. i wouldnt mind the book being longer duhh.

3. How did you feel about Jacob at the prom? And please, try to ignore any feelings you may have developed about him from New Moon. Remember at the end of Twilight, Jacob doesn't believe in the superstitions of his people and is only there to get parts for his car.
well it kinda was ruining a moment for edward and bella and that annoyed me, i just thought of him as the kid with the crush on bella.

4. The last line of Twilight has confused many readers as they assume Edward bites her right then and there. Were you one of those people? Be honest! And how did you feel about that ending? If you read the book when it first came out, were you desperate for more? If you read the book recently, did you know there was a sequel and were already planning to read it?
i didnt think he really bit her but i figured there would be a sequel. i really liked the ending though, i thought it was good and it def. left me wanting to read more.
Private Kaitlyn Cullen of Jasper's Army.
"Forged in war, born of death, saved by love." - Jackson Rathbone. <3
soozabooza54
Frozen in Time

Post by soozabooza54 »

1. As soon as there were pretty dresses involved, I knew prom was coming

2. I actually think the one in the book is better - the mystery is completely gone if you're going to get mani/pedis and hair-doing. :) That being said, the being girly is completely delicious and fun to read.

3. I've always had a special place for Jacob - I'm totally the girl that falls in love with her best guy friend, so I sympathized with the kid from the beginning at the beach when it was obvious he like her. I think overall, that scene made me have more of an opinion on Billy than it did on Jacob.

4. I did know that there were sequels. That being said, independent of that, I would have known that he didn't bite her - it's way too easy. Also, SM set up a pretty good background of Edward being prone to kissing Bella's neck (mini-squees here), so this wasn't a surprising way to end - it's like reinforcing their special brand of intimacy. I did get to the end and went out the next day and bought both New Moon and Eclipse and breezed through those in a day each... and then the long wait for Breaking Dawn began...
E<3B
My pop culture blog - check it out! - http://asyetuntitled1.blogspot.com/
Stacia
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by Stacia »

As soon as I read the words silk & chiffon, I knew it was the prom!

I prefer the extended version just because I like that there is a bit more detail for my mind to play with and try to envision. I like the whole thing! I like how Rosalie is nicer to her, how Edward acts and of course, the humor!

3. How did you feel about Jacob at the prom? And please, try to ignore any feelings you may have developed about him from New Moon. Remember at the end of Twilight, Jacob doesn't believe in the superstitions of his people and is only there to get parts for his car
I didn't really think anything of Jacob being at the Prom. I just thought it was weird. And rude of Billy to do that.

I didn't think that it meant that he was going to turn her into a vampire. I thought it was just a kiss....I read the book just recently and knew there were sequels and knew I planned to read the whole series! I LOVE this series!
spookybell
Part of Carlisle's Clan

Post by spookybell »

I had no idea they were going to Prom, and when I found out, all I could think of was POOR BELLA!!!!

I am so not a fan of school dances, and I went to 90% of them. I chose not to go to the Prom because, by my Senior year, I was clear that these kind of gatherings were, in short, nauseating to me. 19 years later, I don't regret that decision one little bit. I am thankful I didn't spend a lot of money and didn't make anyone else spend a lot of money on that pretentios event.

I am only going to read it becasue you ask me to. In all of my expievence with reading origional drafts or watching cut scenes from movies - I have always felt that I could do without the origional. Thank goodness for editors. okay off to read...

Okay... first off... Some of the information actually would have been nice to have in the book. There was a large break in time, but I had no idea how much. That was tollerable but noticeable. So far, I am enjoying being filled in with details that would connect me from the last chapter to the epilogue. Some of the information is unecessary, but I enjoy that Rosalie could be nice. I like the special occasion car and I love to know that Rosalie loves to tinker with cars. I think that is a cool part of her personality that would have developed her better and faster as a character. I think the dinner was uneccessary for the storyline.

okay thanks for making me read it. I enjoyed it.

I thought it was okay that Jacob showed up at the prom because it wasn't his choice. I understand it and I don't think it was that weird. A little weird, but don't we all do things for our parents that we'd rather not do... and then some. It seemed very acceptable as real life to me. I have no preconcieved notions of Jacob or feelings about hinm at this time. I do find his noticable growth spurt worth noticing.

Heck no, I never thought Edward bit her. Never. In fact, I was dissapointed he didn't! He always kisses her throat. It's his safe kiss and he does it a lot. I had no reason to think he bit her. Nope, nope and no.
Sometimes I am not satisfied with my signature!
MajorKlutz
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by MajorKlutz »

1. Did you figure out right away that they were on their way to prom or did you, like Bella, have something else in mind? I didn't think they were going to prom but I had no clue where they were going so I was very open-minded about where they were going but it must have been fancy if Edward was in a tuxedo :P

I think the whole thing is awesome and I love how Edward cooked a whole bunch of food for Bella. That was sweet and I personally love it when guys cook for me :D

I don't really know what to say about that because from how much he apologized he must have been really sad or sorry that he had to be there and tell her what he did.

I knew he wasn't going to bite her but that was probably because since me and probably some other readers weren't quite done with Bella and her being a human. It almost might have been the fact that I knew there were 2 other books on the series out so it probably was not that unexpected.
I love my men cold, dead, and sparkling!!!! (*sparkle, sparkle*)
kristakamikaze
Settled in Forks

Post by kristakamikaze »

I was sort of confused, but then when she described the dress, I knew it had to be something to do with Prom.

I thought it was cute actually. Even before I read New Moon

When I got to the end I started to freak out and went the next day to buy New Moon and Eclipse.
I sort of KNEW he wasn't going to do it then.
Allie_Cullen
Settled in Forks

Post by Allie_Cullen »

I had a feeling they were going to prom...I could tell when they started doing her hair and make-up.

I LOVE the extended prom remix! I think all of the extended prom remix should have been in the book. I loved the way Edward was so excited and happy with Alice for "helping" Bella.

3. How did you feel about Jacob at the prom? And please, try to ignore any feelings you may have developed about him from New Moon. Remember at the end of Twilight, Jacob doesn't believe in the superstitions of his people and is only there to get parts for his car.

I was fine with Jacob being at prom. It didn't bother me because it was Billy that wanted him there. I was a little mad he made Edward break his promise though. hehe. =]

I knew he wouldn't have bitten her there. It wouldn't make any sense after what he went through in Pheonix to stop her from becoming a vampire right then and there. Also they were at prom with a bunch of kids in close enough proximity to hear Bella scream if he did turn her there, Edward's way too smart for that.
I loved the ending. I thought it was very cute.=]
And OF COURSE it left me wanting more! Anything having to do with Twilight always leaves me wanting more. =]

Robert Pattinson.
Because his dad makes German techno music.
darkrider
Red-Eyed Vampire

Post by darkrider »

i did't have a clue what was going on lol

3. How did you feel about Jacob at the prom? And please, try to ignore any feelings you may have developed about him from New Moon. Remember at the end of Twilight, Jacob doesn't believe in the superstitions of his people and is only there to get parts for his car!
I felt he was kinda childish loll

no, i was def desperate for more, i couldn't wait for new moon to come out
My twinnie and my fav twi guy=meteor
Randomness Reggie! BACK in...dark?
Emmett's Demolition Crew:Trainee
Team Edmartt! <<for the clueless, edward+emmett
MoonlitRose
Wandering Through Town

Post by MoonlitRose »

I had no clue. I thought they were going to be doing something else, but I wasn't sure what. After all, why force someone to go to prom, especially with a broken foot? But it made sense, in the end.

I like the shorter version better. Like Bella, I'm not very girly. It's horrifying. lol My cousins forced me, once, and I didn't enjoy it one bit.

I did feel bad for him. It was obvious he didn't want to be there to do it.

No, I didn't think Edward would bite her. After all, he was so adamant about not doing it, so why would he then? It wouldn't make sense.

I read the book recently, and I knew there were four books out. I had planned to read them all, and Morning Sun if it's released.