A Chapter By Chapter Discussion of Twilight

Moderators: December, Bronze Haired Girl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Stacia
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Re: Chapter 23 ~ The Angel

Post by Stacia »

1. The chapter starts with Bella talking describing the sounds she hears because she is in too much pain to open her eyes. Were you able to put together exactly what happened, or did you have moments when you wondered what took place?
This is why we need Midnight Sun! Sure, we knew what happened but I want to know what happened through Edward's eyes! I want to see what he saw, feel what he felt....what really, really took place!

2. Did you think Edward would be changing Bella into a vampire because it was a life and death situation?
No. It didn't feel right. She would have become one, sure, but they were talking about sucking the venom OUT so I knew that she wouldn't become a vampire.
ShadowQueen
Settled in Forks

Post by ShadowQueen »

1. The chapter starts with Bella talking describing the sounds she hears because she is in too much pain to open her eyes. Were you able to put together exactly what happened, or did you have moments when you wondered what took place?

The first time I read it through, it took me a minute to figure out what was going on ^-^;

2. Did you think Edward would be changing Bella into a vampire because it was a life and death situation?

I'll be honest & admit that I had no idea whether Edward was going to change her or not. When he stopped, I was very surprised that he had that much self control. Then again, he would do anything for Bella, even if it were to cost him his life.

"There are some things money can't buy. For everything else, there's a Cullen."
KeepMeWithYou
Wandering Through Town
Location: In the City of Nothing with my Dhampir, Xavier, and his human Ally

Post by KeepMeWithYou »

It took me a minute to figure out what was going on...

No, not really.
spookybell
Part of Carlisle's Clan

Post by spookybell »

didn't wonder... just read

I didn't think it was a life and death situation. I wanted him to change her though.
Sometimes I am not satisfied with my signature!
ocd4edward
Settled in Forks

Post by ocd4edward »

This is what really clenches it for me - Edward loves Bella so much that he's able to suck the venom out of her and not kill her. That kind of self control...sigh...what a man. So many things to love about Edward, but the savior thing, the lengths he goes to for Bella make me keep coming back for more. ;)
BreathelessVampire
Fishing with Charlie

Post by BreathelessVampire »

I wondered what took place. But it was kinda obvious that she was in a hospital.

No, I don't think he would. It would be too risky, especially somewhere in public, and he wouldn't risk Bella's life. He loves her too much.
Team Edward. Team Jasper. Team Alice. Team Emmett
Because they are just plain sexy.

Trainee at Emmett's Demolition Crew

Member of Donating Blood To Jasper&Co.
Lizardpolisher
Settled in Forks

Post by Lizardpolisher »

I was able to put it together after a bit, but I did question myself. So I wasn't exactly sure.

I was hoping. At the time I only knew of Twilight and New Moon. I was hoping New Moon was going to be about her life as a vampire.
darkrider
Red-Eyed Vampire

Post by darkrider »

I was wondering actually...

yes, but int heback of my head i maybe thought that he would do it jsut because.
My twinnie and my fav twi guy=meteor
Randomness Reggie! BACK in...dark?
Emmett's Demolition Crew:Trainee
Team Edmartt! <<for the clueless, edward+emmett
MoonlitRose
Wandering Through Town

Post by MoonlitRose »

I pieced together what had happened -- the Cullens showed up and took care of everything. I did wonder what had happened while she was out, though. I wanted to know the details of the fight.

No. I thought she was going to turn into a vampire because James was the one who bit her. I didn't see Edward sucking the venom out through the entrance site. That part was shocking to me.
WishIWasACullen
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by WishIWasACullen »

During my first read of Twilight--I was confused about bits and pieces of what was going on around Bella. But I figured out certains aspects--like when she smelled gasoline, I knew they were torching the place (and James). Other small but key bits like that tipped me off to things. But others were harder to decipher and even harder, as a reader, to understand without getting frustrated. I wanted to know SO badly what Alice's reaction was to Bella's knowledge of her origins. I wanted to at least see a facial expression, which was frustrating since Bella was blacking out. So yes, I had frustrating moments of trying to figure out what exactly was happening--but other moments where I could piece enough together to figure it out.

I knew he wouldn't. (Much to my disappointment) I knew he would take whatever measures necessary to see her through to health and life in a human form. I was hoping upon hope that Carlisle wouldn't be able to find any way to help her and that Edward would be forced to change her--but I knew that there were more books so that clued me in to the fact that she probably wouldn't be changing any time soon.
"Is it not enough… just to have a long and happy life with me?"

"For Now...."

E <3 B