A Chapter By Chapter Discussion of Twilight

Moderators: December, Bronze Haired Girl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
twilightfan4ever2009
Settled in Forks

Re: Chapter 23 ~ The Angel

Post by twilightfan4ever2009 »

1. The chapter starts with Bella talking describing the sounds she hears because she is in too much pain to open her eyes. Were you able to put together exactly what happened, or did you have moments when you wondered what took place?
At first I was wondering what was happening and then I realized what was going on.

2. Did you think Edward would be changing Bella into a vampire because it was a life and death situation
No, because I started reading it a month before Breaking Dwan came out so I knew that it would be to early to turn her.
And so the lion fell in love with the lamb.
*TwilightIsMyDrug*
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by *TwilightIsMyDrug* »

1. The chapter starts with Bella talking describing the sounds she hears because she is in too much pain to open her eyes. Were you able to put together exactly what happened, or did you have moments when you wondered what took place?
I def. had moments where I was thinking..."wait, what just happened?"

2. Did you think Edward would be changing Bella into a vampire because it was a life and death situation?
No, wasn't it pretty clear that he was trying to suck the venom out to prevent her from becoming a vampire? I thought it was understood that Carlisle would be able to fix her up.
"You don't know how long I've waited for you."
Team Edward
corinnejca
Wandering Through Town

Post by corinnejca »

Yeah I think I understood what was going on. It sounded like Edward and the others had finally gotten there and that they were dealing with James (ripping him apart and burning him). Carlisle was checking out her injuries to see how extensive they were. And of course the angel was Edward. Sigh.

2. Did you think Edward would be changing Bella into a vampire because it was a life and death situation?

It never occurred to me that he would change Bella into a vampire at this point. I think that once the Cullens got there to take care of James, Bella was not in any danger of dying anymore. She had some broken bones, shallow cuts, and bruises. All things that would heal eventually, and I think Edward knew this and knew that Bella would survive.
lag28wa
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by lag28wa »

I had to read it a few times, both times I read the book, I reread that passage over and over. I gathered that Edward was there, but I didn't realize right away what all the sounds were, besides that they were fighting, the killing and the burning was kind of overshadowed. It was very interesting since we see it through Bella's perspective and we don't get a crazy play-by-play, but I loved the effect.

Not really, I thought that Carlisle would be able to save her regarding her physical injuries aside from the bite. I knew her condition was very critical but I wasn't thinking that she would die if she wasn't changed to a vampire. I was just mostly curious as to what would happen with the bite. If they would just let her turn into a vampire, or if James' venom was different because he was a bad vampire or what. I liked Edward's decision, it wasn't the right time for Bella to become a vampire. In the long run both Bella and Edward appreciate that Bella gets to have a choice in her change, unlike any of the other vampires.
It is not length of life, but depth of life---Ralph Waldo Emerson
Banner by emaleth @ Vesparium
maddy<3twilight
Finding Stuff in Billy's Trunk

Post by maddy<3twilight »

I ahve never noticed this chapter is so short until the second time I read Twilight. :D
RR! ~ Major Dark! ~ I <3 Peeta! ~ J<3B ~
YouAreMyLifeNow
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by YouAreMyLifeNow »

I could kind of tell what was happening. I figured that the cullens were there and that they were saving Bella.
I didn't think he would change her because he was so set aganist it, i kinda hoped though :)

P.S: this is one of my favorite chapters because I like how she described him as an angel and saying things like angels shouldn't cry. :D
I know i spell bad
Twi Mafia~Sarina Santoro
Twilight lover: Because sometimes fantasy is better than reality
KaylaMarieBlack7
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by KaylaMarieBlack7 »

I had moments where I wondered what took place. Everything seemed to go by really fast.

No. I don't think Edward wanted it to have to come to that. He would save her some way or another.
I ♥ Jacob Black.
Ever since New Moon. =]
Destani
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by Destani »

I read through this part slowly and re-read a couple of parts to make sure I was understanding everything so I think I put it all together pretty accurately.

No, I thought Carlisle sounded like he had everything under control and Edward so adamantly protested the suggestion. When he put his lips on her hand, I knew he was going to suck out the venom.
Images courtesy of: http://robbuz.deviantart.com/
Katie_Patie
Settled in Forks

Post by Katie_Patie »

i knew exactly what was going on as soon as the chapter started, its probly one of my favourite chapters in the book, just because she is so close to going and the sound of the one she loves brings her back

no not really. I knew that something would happen to stop her becoming a vampire. it was to early in the series for something big like that to happen
Stupid Shiny volvo owner

"And the lion fell in love with the lamb"
bubblylittlealice
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by bubblylittlealice »

i wasn't really sure what was going on but i had to finish the chapter to get it and then re-read it lol

i knew he wouldn't but i wish he did. It would have been so cool then the rest of the books could be about her being a vampire,but he didn't so it's out of the question
'I think she’s having hysterics. Maybe you should slap her'-Alice Cullen
I'm betting on Alice ;)
Jasper Hale can mess with my emotions any day