A Chapter By Chapter Discussion of Twilight

Moderators: December, Bronze Haired Girl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
aliacullen
Buying a Better Raincoat

Re: Chapter 21 ~ Phone Call

Post by aliacullen »

1. What was your reaction when you realized that Alice had sketched Bella's house in Phoenix?
worried james was in phonix at bella house he obviosly up to no good

2. Why do you think Bella chooses not to tell Alice and Jasper what is going on.
she didnt want anyone to stop her or get her because of her

3. Bella is able to resist Jasper's calming power. Do you think she actually successfully resisted, or that he gave up when she broke contact?
jasper must have given up i do not beleve she can resit it completely
you.are.my.heroin
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by you.are.my.heroin »

1. What was your reaction when you realized that Alice had sketched Bella's house in Phoenix?
oh crap james is in phonix :?

2. Why do you think Bella chooses not to tell Alice and Jasper what is going on.
she didn't want them to try and stop her

3. Bella is able to resist Jasper's calming power. Do you think she actually successfully resisted, or that he gave up when she broke contact?
that she gave up
**Kathryn**
TillyWhitlock
Playing Thunderball
Location: Wandering through the forest hoping to stumble upon Jasper

Post by TillyWhitlock »

I freaked out. I was pleading that Edward would hurry up and get to Phoenix, even though I knew he wouldn’t.

She knew they would find a way into talking her out of it. She also knew that if Edward hadn’t left yet, they would call him and have him get there immediately. So I figure it’s because she knows that they know how to stop her.

She only gets away with it for a few minutes. I don’t think that he gave up on it. She turns around and walks into the bedroom. Once Jasper is out of sight, the power doesn’t work anymore. So if she is in the bedroom and he’s in the living room, she can freak out and go to pieces all she wants.
Garage,Bodyguard,APPC,EDC
"Drug" Dealer to THE 6. The price: One bottle of Honey or Syrup.

SarahGoddard~ The Best Lexling ever!
Twi-Twin=Kimmy
FrighteninLilMonster
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by FrighteninLilMonster »

1. What was your reaction when you realized that Alice had sketched Bella's house in Phoenix?I can't say I was entirely shocked, because I knew that he'd be heading for Bella in some way, that he was bound to find her, and so for that I was relieved that he went to her house, because she wasn't there. I did feel a sense of dread though, because there was bound to be a reason for him going there that tied Bella to going there.

Because she knows that they'd stop her. She doesn't believe that they could have found a way to outsmart James, and if they knew, he'd know, and that wouldn't be good news for Renee.

I think he gave up when she broke contact. He has a conscience over his gift, and he wouldn't want to force it on Bella when she doesn't want it. Not to that degree.
'Out of nowhere, she was perched on Jasper's back, her lips at his neck.
Jasper chuckled, shaking his head.
"You truly are one frightening little monster."'
~APPC~
akire
Finding a Nice Guy for Angela

Post by akire »

I thought Bella's family was someone in more danger; either Charlie or Renee. Also that it was creepy!

2. Why do you think Bella chooses not to tell Alice and Jasper what is going on?

She believes she would put her mother and the Cullens more at risk by telling anyone what she feels she has to do.

I never really thought about it, honestly. Bella's never been able to resist his power in the past (or elsewhere in the books) so, I would say he probably gave up..

Image Image Image
Edward_Bella Forever
Settled in Forks

Post by Edward_Bella Forever »

1. What was your reaction when you realized that Alice had sketched Bella's house in Phoenix? When Alice sketched Bella's house I thought Oh My God what now? I knew in the back of my mind that Edward would come back to get Bella but that Bella, because she is Bella, would want to do something to save her family, human and vampire alike.

2. Why do you think Bella chooses not to tell Alice and Jasper what is going on? Bella doesn't tell Alice and Jasper because she knows that they will stop her and she feels that in order to stop James she has to do something and if that means going straight to her death to save her family she is going to do it and she wants no one getting in her way.

3. Bella is able to resist Jasper's calming power. Do you think she actually successfully resisted, or that he gave up when she broke contact? Bella realizes what Jasper is doing to her and she steps away from his touch because she realizes that his power is stronger when he is touching his "victim" (so to speak), and when she steps away Jasper just gives up and stops trying.
Edward and Bella Forever!!!
futurevampire
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by futurevampire »

I was just thinking that they should work it out so that Bella won't end up in the studio and they get James..I also wanted them to leave Phoenix. Which they were planning to do.
She knows they would never let her go, and she believes James. She thinks the best way to save her mom is not to let on what she's doing and get to the ballet studio.
He probably just gave up. It was also probably a lot of work trying to calm her down when she was like that. He couldn't do it forever, and she would end up freaking out eventually, so might as well get it over with.
Edward and Bella Forever!!!<3 :: Lexicalia :: Team Esme!
Mafia: Natalia Gravano/Nat :: I'm on The List!! ~Marisa
Cullen_Lover
Banging Out Dents with Tyler
Location: Daydreaming about Twilight out of my kitchen window.

Post by Cullen_Lover »

I love all the chapters. :D
ImageImageImage
Tonya
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by Tonya »

1. What was your reaction when you realized that Alice had sketched Bella's house in Phoenix? OH NO well really OH SH@*!!!

2. Why do you think Bella chooses not to tell Alice and Jasper what is going on. Who knows I thought she did the wrong thing here too!! But I guess what she was thinking was James would kill her mom if they were with her so she chooses not to tell them.

3. Bella is able to resist Jasper's calming power. Do you think she actually successfully resisted, or that he gave up when she broke contact? I think she resisted and pulled away then he stopped.
Lirpa
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by Lirpa »

1. What was your reaction when you realized that Alice had sketched Bella's house in Phoenix? I was surprised

2. Why do you think Bella chooses not to tell Alice and Jasper what is going on. Because she thinks that her mom is going to die. She would do anything to prevent it even keep Alice and Jasper out of the loop.

3. Bella is able to resist Jasper's calming power. Do you think she actually successfully resisted, or that he gave up when she broke contact? I think he probably gave up a little.
Team Alice- Seeing the future since 1901
"Because only a vampire can love you forever."