1. Alice tells Bella that the family will do what it takes to protect her because no one wants to look at Edward for the next century should Bella die. How do you feel about this line now that you have read New Moon and know exactly how Edward would react were Bella ever to die?
I'm thinking that maybe Edward hadn't fully thought about what he would do if Bella were dead or else Alice would've known he wouldn't live without her, not that she downplayed his feelings for Bella at all, I think she knew that his heart would be broken and it would definitly be a bad thing but not the full extent.
2. Jasper talks more in this chapter than any other chapter. What things do we learn about his character from the way he reacts to Bella? Were you ever afraid of him during this chapter?
I fell in love with Jasper in this chapter he's so kind and gentle it seems, very devoted to his "family" and no I wasn't afraid at all.
3. This is the first time we learn that the vampires are venomous. What was your reaction to this news and did it make you think twice about the fact that Edward had kissed Bella?
I was like oh but I think Venom needs to be injected into your bloodstream and I don't think he was ever that rough kissing her (except maybe in BD)
4. Why do you suppose Edward has been so adamant about not telling Bella how someone becomes a vampire?
I'm with everyone else on this one...so she wouldn't get any ideas.
5. Alice has a vision of the dance studio and the proceeds to question Bella about any reasons why she might go there. It seems to me that Alice saw Bella at the studio. Why didn't Alice clear this up for Bella by explaining to her that she shouldn't go to the studio?