A Chapter By Chapter Discussion of Twilight

Moderators: December, Bronze Haired Girl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
OnePerCentClub
Wandering Through Town

Re: Chapter 15 ~ The Cullens

Post by OnePerCentClub »

1. What were your impressions of the house that the Cullens live in?
That it was a cool house and the only place where they could be themselves.

2. This is the first time Bella meets the Cullens ( other than Carlisle ) and gets to for an impression based on her experience alone. In other words, Edward no longer describes them for her, she gets to see them herself. In this chapter, she mostly interacts with Carlisle and Esme, what were your impressions of them.
That they are a very lovely couple and great parents.

3. There is a brief mention of Alice having seen the visit of other vampires. What was your reaction to this when you first read it? Did you have any idea that it would turn into the large disaster that takes over until the end of the novel?
No, I didn't think that was going to be addressed later in the book.

4. Edward and Bella describe being nervous about meeting/interacting with each other's families as boyfriend and girlfriend. Who do you think is more nervous Edward or Bella and why?
I think they're in the same level, Edward for bringing a human to his vampire family with the risk of she ending up dead and Bella for having to pretend for Edward's reaction, like for example, never eating.
Cookies
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by Cookies »

In my mind, I kind of visioned the Cullen house sort of like the white house, but grander. The interior should be modern, but the dinner room, Carlisles office should be kind of medieval. I thought the descriptions provided a good enough image, but the films version was kinda poo in comparison.

My first impressions of Carlisle and Esme is that they are really nice, caring, down to earth people. Of course, in the film, it made Carlisle look a bit mean to be honest.

I think that they would both be equally nervous. Bella, because she was scared the family won't approve of her and Edward, because he was scared the family will try to drink her.
"And so the lion fell in love with the lamb ..."

Hug me :)
Mrs.Edward_Cullen<3
Official Dog Lover!
Location: Barackling out with Bri and Brits, while making newbieness banners. Also trying out postahol.

Post by Mrs.Edward_Cullen<3 »

Chapter 15 ~ The Cullens
by Alphie on Sun Aug 17, 2008 4:05 pm

That it was a wide open house with clear glass where the sunlight flowed in warmly and welcoming. That the whole inside was white and sleek and it was a place where they didn't have to hide.

2. This is the first time Bella meets the Cullens ( other than Carlisle ) and gets to for an impression based on her experience alone. In other words, Edward no longer describes them for her, she gets to see them herself. In this chapter, she mostly interacts with Carlisle and Esme, what were your impressions of them.
I thought Carlisle was a very welcoming and the most outgoing to humans out of all the family. And that Esme was very loving and caring.

3. There is a brief mention of Alice having seen the visit of other vampires. What was your reaction to this when you first read it? Did you have any idea that it would turn into the large disaster that takes over until the end of the novel? I instantly thought, NO! Edward hold her tight!

4. Edward and Bella describe being nervous about meeting/interacting with each other's families as boyfriend and girlfriend. Who do you think is more nervous Edward or Bella and why? Bella because she assumes the whole family doesn't like her.
jacobblacklover96
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by jacobblacklover96 »

1. What were your impressions of the house that the Cullens live in?My impression was that the Cullen's house was very warm and welcoming.

2. This is the first time Bella meets the Cullens ( other than Carlisle ) and gets to for an impression based on her experience alone. In other words, Edward no longer describes them for her, she gets to see them herself. In this chapter, she mostly interacts with Carlisle and Esme, what were your impressions of them. I thought Carlisle was Cool and doctorey and fathery, lol. And that Esme was too Mothery for an almost a century year old Vampires.

3. There is a brief mention of Alice having seen the visit of other vampires. What was your reaction to this when you first read it? Did you have any idea that it would turn into the large disaster that takes over until the end of the novel?I thought that they were going to be like, oh, i don't know, nicer.

4. Edward and Bella describe being nervous about meeting/interacting with each other's families as boyfriend and girlfriend. Who do you think is more nervous Edward or Bella and why?Bella, because she's paranoid that way :D
Thanks to Shel for the Awesome Banner!
Mafia: Marta Santorini APPC Shopper
Team Jasper....TEAM JACOB!! R.I.P. Shaun's 9 year old bro, Kyle S. 2/2/09
golden x sunshine
Learning to Love Green

Post by golden x sunshine »

-that it was very big and elegant and light, not dark and dingy haha.

2. This is the first time Bella meets the Cullens ( other than Carlisle ) and gets to form an impression based on her experience alone. In other words, Edward no longer describes them for her, she gets to see them herself. In this chapter, she mostly interacts with Carlisle and Esme, what were your impressions of them.
-i immediately loved esme right away. she was just so sweet and caring and motherly. carlisle was really nice to bella also.

3. There is a brief mention of Alice having seen the visit of other vampires. What was your reaction to this when you first read it? Did you have any idea that it would turn into the large disaster that takes over until the end of the novel?
-no i had no idea that i would be such a big deal, i dont think i really thought about it much.

4. Edward and Bella describe being nervous about meeting/interacting with each other's families as boyfriend and girlfriend. Who do you think is more nervous Edward or Bella and why?
-i think bella is, just because shes meeting like 6 people compared to edward, whose only meeting 1 person. besides bella is always nervous about things like like that and edward is usually sure of himself.
"when life offers you a dream so far beyond any of your expectations, it's not reasonable to grieve when it comes to an end."
-twilight
Black Rose
Learning to Love Green

Post by Black Rose »

It wasn't what I expected. You know, I was thinking that it would be dark and mysterious. But I liked the openness of it all. It was what the Cullen's house should look like even if I didn't think of it.

Carlisle was a fatherly figure and the wise man of the family. Esme was just the mother her took care of everyone and made sure things never got out of hand.

I never expected that the other vampires would be so involved, When I first heard about them, I just sort of brushed it off as just something to be put in.

I think they both have good reason's to be nervous. Edward is nervous because, though most of his family is welcoming, Rosalie already has a dislike of her and Jasper still has little control. (this is best described in the movie) And Bella has her cop father to deal with. She is his only daughter. Nuff said. (also descibed well in the movie)
LoveYouMadly
Settled in Forks

Post by LoveYouMadly »

I loved this part in Twilight! Can't believe that they changed it in the movie! Very angry. :evil:

SM/Bella made it sound like a very interesting, beautiful house but I have a hard time imagining the exterior (I still see the wolves as giant gorillas with wolf heads!) . . . It was not how I pictured it in the movie, that's for sure.

2. This is the first time Bella meets the Cullens (other than Carlisle) and gets to form an impression based on her experience alone. In other words, Edward no longer describes them for her, she gets to see them herself. In this chapter, she mostly interacts with Carlisle and Esme, what were your impressions of them.
They both seemed, as Edward says, "happy to see me [Edward] happy." They're both very tentative - they want everything to work out well for thier 'son.'

I didn't know that it would be such a big part of the novel but sensed a little foreshadowing.

Bella. She had to meet not only Edward's entire family but Edward's entire vampire family. Enough said. However, Edward had reason to be nervous, too. He only had to meet Charlie but Charlie is the one person in Bella's family life and what he says goes. What if Charlie hated him? Edward's entire world would be crushed.
Here's to stolen bottlecaps, drug metaphors, and velvety soundwaves . . .
alice_is_my_homegirl
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by alice_is_my_homegirl »

1. What were your impressions of the house that the Cullens live in?WOW!

2. This is the first time Bella meets the Cullens ( other than Carlisle ) and gets to for an impression based on her experience alone. In other words, Edward no longer describes them for her, she gets to see them herself. In this chapter, she mostly interacts with Carlisle and Esme, what were your impressions of them.That they care a lot for Edward and his happiness.

3. There is a brief mention of Alice having seen the visit of other vampires. What was your reaction to this when you first read it? Did you have any idea that it would turn into the large disaster that takes over until the end of the novel?I was a little freaked out. I had No idea that it would turn into the horror film that it did!

4. Edward and Bella describe being nervous about meeting/interacting with each other's families as boyfriend and girlfriend. Who do you think is more nervous Edward or Bella and why?Edward because someone might lose control.
Team Edward: Bringing Sexy Back Since 1901!
ThisStoryOfLove
Learning to Love Green

Post by ThisStoryOfLove »

I thought that it went along with what I pictured earlier in the book before we ever learned about their home. It also goes along with what Edward says about how this is the one place that they do not have to hide.

I loved them both from the very beginning. You could tell that they were both so loving and inviting.

Well I assumed that it would turn into something since a book needs some kind of conflict.

Bella, she has less of a self concept.

"Oh, and also, I'm wretchedly in love with you."
-Edward, Midnight Sun
beemarie
Wandering Through Town

Post by beemarie »

An old Victoria mansion. My dream house. :)

I mean, Carlisle is of course amazing. A vampire who tries to save humans? If anyone were to be "saved", Carlisle deserves it. And then there is Esme. She is so motherly, it surprised me. I loved her already.

No, not at all.

Edward for Bella's safety. A house full of vampires and a tasty humans isn't the best or safest combo. But Bella because it's just weird between Charlie and her.
~Bee Marie