Chapter 15 ~ The Cullens

A Chapter By Chapter Discussion of Twilight

Moderators: December, Bronze Haired Girl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Forever_Twilight
Wandering Through Town
Location: Running as fast as I can with Edward and the Cullens on a cloudy day in Arizona

Re: Chapter 15 ~ The Cullens

Post by Forever_Twilight »

1. What were your impressions of the house that the Cullens live in?
Absolutely gorgeous and outrageously awesome! lol

2. This is the first time Bella meets the Cullens ( other than Carlisle ) and gets to for an impression based on her experience alone. In other words, Edward no longer describes them for her, she gets to see them herself. In this chapter, she mostly interacts with Carlisle and Esme, what were your impressions of them.
Carlisle is a very sweet and caring man (vampire) and his job totally matches his personality. Esme is very calm and quiet. She's just like Carlisle but she can voice her opinion very well. =)

3. There is a brief mention of Alice having seen the visit of other vampires. What was your reaction to this when you first read it? Did you have any idea that it would turn into the large disaster that takes over until the end of the novel?
Yes. My evidence: the Preface.

4. Edward and Bella describe being nervous about meeting/interacting with each other's families as boyfriend and girlfriend. Who do you think is more nervous Edward or Bella and why?
Edward. He thinks that something they or he tells Bella will freak her out and she'll be off screaming and running. Though that clearly isn't the case, he's just simply over reacting. -rolls eyes- lol
<3 I've been Vamped by Edward Cullen ~ Followed by Emmett and Jasper <3
xsundaybestx
Settled in Forks

Post by xsundaybestx »

1. What were your impressions of the house that the Cullens live in? Beautiful.

2. This is the first time Bella meets the Cullens ( other than Carlisle ) and gets to for an impression based on her experience alone. In other words, Edward no longer describes them for her, she gets to see them herself. In this chapter, she mostly interacts with Carlisle and Esme, what were your impressions of them. I loved esme, because i though she could be the mother Bella never really had. And I had liked Carlisle from the start.

3. There is a brief mention of Alice having seen the visit of other vampires. What was your reaction to this when you first read it? Did you have any idea that it would turn into the large disaster that takes over until the end of the novel? Uh-Oh trouble.

4. Edward and Bella describe being nervous about meeting/interacting with each other's families as boyfriend and girlfriend. Who do you think is more nervous Edward or Bella and why? Neither one of them had had a real relationship before.
Team Vampire.
Elisabeth33
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by Elisabeth33 »

A nice, old, beautiful, restored house. Like the Victorian houses.

2. This is the first time Bella meets the Cullens ( other than Carlisle ) and gets to for an impression based on her experience alone. In other words, Edward no longer describes them for her, she gets to see them herself. In this chapter, she mostly interacts with Carlisle and Esme, what were your impressions of them.
I thought Esme was a sweetie and Carlisle was a nice guy, like I always had.

3. There is a brief mention of Alice having seen the visit of other vampires. What was your reaction to this when you first read it? Did you have any idea that it would turn into the large disaster that takes over until the end of the novel?
No, I was a little nervous, but had no idea it was going to be such a big fiasco.

4. Edward and Bella describe being nervous about meeting/interacting with each other's families as boyfriend and girlfriend. Who do you think is more nervous Edward or Bella and why?
Bella's more nervous, because she worries alot about what others think of her.
CharmingBella
Settled in Forks

Post by CharmingBella »

1. What were your impressions of the house that the Cullens live in?I loved the house that the Cullens live in. It was so open, not something you would think a family of vampires would stay in. I loved the fact that they could just openly be themselves there and not be ashamed of who they were. The house was amazing.

2. This is the first time Bella meets the Cullens ( other than Carlisle ) and gets to for an impression based on her experience alone. In other words, Edward no longer describes them for her, she gets to see them herself. In this chapter, she mostly interacts with Carlisle and Esme, what were your impressions of them. My impression of Carlise and Esme were that they were just extremely normal parents besides the fact that they were vampires. They seemed to be so comforting and welcoming to Bella. Esme made me laugh a lot you could tell she was really try to make a good impression on Bella.

3. There is a brief mention of Alice having seen the visit of other vampires. What was your reaction to this when you first read it? Did you have any idea that it would turn into the large disaster that takes over until the end of the novel? I thought that Alice seeing the other vampires was interesting but I didn't think it would turn into what it did. It just made me think that maybe Bella would get to see the different types of vampires and learn from their culture, in a way she did I guess. LOL.. Just not in the good way.

4. Edward and Bella describe being nervous about meeting/interacting with each other's families as boyfriend and girlfriend. Who do you think is more nervous Edward or Bella and why? I actually believe that Edward is more nervous just because I think that his family may scare Bella away and she won't want to be with him anymore. Bella is such a strong character, I knew she wouldn't be to worried really, she handled herself really well. Me, personally would have been freaking out inside. LOL.
best_beating_heart
Frozen in Time

Post by best_beating_heart »

i was expecting something beautiful, you know, to go along with the Cullens :)

Carlisle= well, by this time, i was already totally in love with Carlisle :) so to actually see more of him acting "normal" was a plus for me
Esme= i was really looking forward to know about Esme. to me, she expressed a "mom" vibe :D

i was like 'oh crap' and wanted to read ahead :)

Bella. definitely. i mean, she's in a house with vampires and even though she didnt want Edward to know, you could tell she was still a little nervous.

TM~Maria Dina Corozzo
Teams:Alice, Emmett, Esme, Renesmee, Volturi~Athenodora, JCA~Aubrey Santi~SC
Mrs.Mylifenow,Cullen
Learning to Love Green
Location: In our cottage with Edward "baking", wile Esme babysits Carlie.

Post by Mrs.Mylifenow,Cullen »

I loved it, I didn't expect it to be so light and open, it was a nice surprise. It makes sense being who the Cullen's are that they have a place like that.

I though they were nice down to earth people very sincere and humble. Exactly what Carlisle emanates.

I figured there would be trouble but not that soon or that disastrous.

I think both but Edward won't show it, he hopes that she likes them and that everything goes smoothly specially because of Jasper and Rosalie. and Bella want's to make a good impression.
Banner by "'twahy-lahyt'" aka Shel!
Thanks Shel your amazing!!!
debussygirl
Joining the Hunt for Enemies

Post by debussygirl »

1. What were your impressions of the house that the Cullens live in? I wasn't surprised by it. They have money and it was nice.

2. This is the first time Bella meets the Cullens ( other than Carlisle ) and gets to for an impression based on her experience alone. In other words, Edward no longer describes them for her, she gets to see them herself. In this chapter, she mostly interacts with Carlisle and Esme, what were your impressions of them. I loved them they are soooo sweet!!

3. There is a brief mention of Alice having seen the visit of other vampires. What was your reaction to this when you first read it? Did you have any idea that it would turn into the large disaster that takes over until the end of the novel? I brushed it off, I was too involved in the romance.

4. Edward and Bella describe being nervous about meeting/interacting with each other's families as boyfriend and girlfriend. Who do you think is more nervous Edward or Bella and why? Bella, because Edward wants to meet Charlie and for Bella to meet his family. She's the one who's the nervous wreck the whole time.
Team Edward&Esme~SBS Assistant 2 the Cobosses~APPC
St Cullens Head of Neurology~Tetrarch
Need something to read? Try http://www.jennacooper.com
natterss707
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by natterss707 »

I loved it. I want to have something like that but a little smalled.

I loved Esme. I just thought she was so sweet. And I had already liked Carlisle because of the hospital scene. But love them both.

I didn't really know what to think other than the fact I knew Edward was going to try to protect Bella like 10 times more than he did before.

I think that it's pretty equal. They both have a substantial amount of things they're worried about. Bella is worried that she's not good enough and is hoping that they will like her. Edward has the fear that any guy who is dating a teenage girl would have when having to meet her parents on top of the secrets he's trying to hide. He has the advantage of reading his mind though.
made by Ostentatious6277 @ Vesperarium
Credit fallingbeauty@Vesperarium for avatar.
coli narago
Settled in Forks

Post by coli narago »

1. My first impression of the house was awesome. I was actually expecting either an underground cave in the wood, or a small apartment in the slum. I was amazed. It was just so amazing.
2. I thought that Carlisle was a little nervous and something of a worrywart, while Esme was a charming and compassionate woman. I was right about Esme, not so much as about Carlisle.
3. I saw the cotastrphey coming a mile away.
4. I think that Edward was more worried about It then Bella was. I think he was worried about if Jasper would be able to keep himself under control.
loveisblind
Settled in Forks

Post by loveisblind »

It was a bit of a surprise for me that their home was so..homey, lived in. The fact that they didnt sleep in it, they didn't eat in it, yet they had a dining table, their own rooms (though they didn't have beds, obviously).

It really did show just how loving and kind "parents" they were, Esme especially.

To be honest, I didn't really think that these vampires would create a disaster, though it was obvious by Edwards reaction. I was too caught up in the transfixing love story to realise that the book hadn't really gone to its climax point yet. Judging by Edwards reaction after the vampires came and went, I think that they will be a problem until the end of the novel.

Bella because her and Charlie had always been comfortable with silence, and they felt no need to fill in this silence. For Bella to have to confront her father and introduce Edward as her boyfriend, when Charlie hadn't of seen it coming would be nerve-racking. Edwards family are extremely close to him, that they can realise just how dramatically Bella was effecting him. Also, Edward only had to meet Charlie, where as Bella had to meet Edwards whole family and hope that they would accept her. I'm sure Edward's family saw it coming, but Charlie sure didn't.