1. What were your first thoughts about Edward's age and human history? Were you creeped out at all that he was so very much older than she was?
It doesn't matter that Edward is much much older because technically he's still 17 just has more experience in the world. All that matters is they are soul mates and they found each other in the end. It was destiny for Edward to become a vampire so he could live long enough to meet his true love...
2. Edward tells Bella very little about the process of becoming a vampire. Why do you think he chose to keep this from her when he is being so very open about everything else?
I agree with everyone else he didn't want to frighten her and I after hearing Alice say Bella would become one of them if he even described it she might think he was over reacting and want to turn into a vampire anyway and Edward would never want to do that.
3. We learn that many vampires are gifted with supernatural traits. Stephenie has told us that vampires are drawn to special humans, and therefore when those humans become vampires, their special qualities are enhanced. If that is the case, I simply must ask the question everyone one of us has asked at some point. If Bella were to become a vampire, what would her trait be? And is it possible for her to not have any special trait at all?
I'm sure everyone has read BD. Her power is cool.
4. Edward lets it out that he's been watching Bella as she sleeps. Again, did this creep you out or make you fall even harder for Edward?
No way watching her sleep is no way stalker style or creepy, its the only time he can hear her when she hasn't got her guard up, it must really frustrate him not to here her thoughts so i guess sleep talking is close enough.
5. Edward says two possibly conflicting things in this chapter. First, he explains that in the last few days, he has put mind over matter and has been able to control his thirst for her - that the temptation isn't as strong. He later says that he doesn't think it would ever be possible for them to have an intimate relationship because it would be too difficult for him to control himself. Do you think he's being honest with himself, or do you think he's just trying to protect Bella again?
He really wants to but he doesn't want any harm to come to her. Even though he could actually do it he doesn't want to risk that on her life.
6. Along those same lines, we learn that both Edward and Bella have never had a real relationship with another person before this. Many people have debated the issue of Edward's virginity, and that has been put to rest by Stephenie herself. Did you think that maybe Edward had been intimate before, he just hadnâ€™t had a real serious relationship with anyone he loved, or did you get it right from the start that he was just as innocent as Bella was in this matter?
Bella and Edward were at the same level which is what made them such a great couple. He probably had other lady friends but none of them he had that special connection with which is why after a while he just gave up until little miss Bella Swan came...