A Chapter By Chapter Discussion of Twilight

Moderators: December, Bronze Haired Girl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
natterss707
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Re: Chapter 13 - Confessions

Post by natterss707 »

1. The chapter is entitled "confessions". What do you think the most meaningful confession on Bella's part, and what is the most meaningful confession on Edward's part?
The most meaningful confession was sharing their feelings for one another. Also for Edward telling her how potent her scent is.

2. Edward tells Bella everything that he has been doing "off page" up until now. Most of these moments will be shown in "Midnight Sun." Which moment are you most looking forward to reading?
I'm just most excited about getting in his head in general. It will probably be the best book! The meadow scene and dinner are what I'm really looking forward to.

3. The subject of humanity and what it means to be truly human constantly comes up. How is the humanity of Bella and Edward best displayed in this chapter?
I guess I would have to say their feelings toward each other.

4. This is the chapter where we really see a romance blooming between Edward and Bella. What was the most romantic moment for you?
The whole chapter is just amazing. I don't think I can pick just one part. I love it. The actions and words ahhhh. =)
made by Ostentatious6277 @ Vesperarium
Credit fallingbeauty@Vesperarium for avatar.
biteme21
Settled in Forks

Post by biteme21 »

1. The chapter is entitled "confessions". What do you think the most meaningful confession on Bella's part, and what is the most meaningful confession on Edward's part?
Bella's confession was how much she really cared about Edward and Edward's was when he told Bella how strong her scent really was to him.

2. Edward tells Bella everything that he has been doing "off page" up until now. Most of these moments will be shown in "Midnight Sun." Which moment are you most looking forward to reading?
Im most lookign forward to seeing what Edward does the week that hes in Denali . And whats going through his mind when he first smells Bella.

3. The subject of humanity and what it means to be truly human constantly comes up. How is the humanity of Bella and Edward best displayed in this chapter?
i think humanity was displayed most when they were declaring themselves. it made them vulnerable...something vampires are obviously not. there was somethng human about it. and the same with when bella was laying her head on his chest and her was holding her.
4. This is the chapter where we really see a romance blooming between Edward and Bella. What was the most romantic moment for you?
Oh wow, uhm when Edward brushes his lips against her jaw, it was the hottest thing ever, its so sensual and sexy. ahhh
OnePerCentClub
Wandering Through Town

Post by OnePerCentClub »

That after Edward told her that it was difficult for him to not kill her, she still tells him she's not afraid of him and can't be without him. Edward's most meaningful confession has to be that he can't live without her. That she's the most important thing for him ever.

What made him come back and Carlisle and Esme's exact words to his decision of saving Bella and leaving.

That they're two people deeply in love and they will stay together no matter the consequences.

When Edward puts his face on Bella's throat... When he puts his hands on her neck.
Mrs.Edward_Cullen<3
Official Dog Lover!
Location: Barackling out with Bri and Brits, while making newbieness banners. Also trying out postahol.

Post by Mrs.Edward_Cullen<3 »

1. The chapter is entitled "confessions". What do you think the most meaningful confession on Bella's part, and what is the most meaningful confession on Edward's part? I think the most meaningful confession is that they profess their love for each other. Which is unbelievably sweet. And Edward finally sees it's ok to be with Bella.

2. Edward tells Bella everything that he has been doing "off page" up until now. Most of these moments will be shown in "Midnight Sun." Which moment are you most looking forward to reading? The WHOLE MIDNIGHT SUN! lol Chapter 13 was my absolute favorite chapter in the whole series and I can't wait to read how Edward feels in that chapter.

3. The subject of humanity and what it means to be truly human constantly comes up. How is the humanity of Bella and Edward best displayed in this chapter? That Edward may be a vampire but he sure can love like a human! :D I think that Edward thinks he's not good enough for Bella because he believes he's a monster and that someone as sweet as Bella doesn't deserve him. But his human instincts are somewhere in him ;) so in Chapter 13 he just discovered his human instincts.

4. This is the chapter where we really see a romance blooming between Edward and Bella. What was the most romantic moment for you? When Edward was next to her and they both whispered " And so the lion fell in love with the lamb...." And Bella said; "What a stupid lamb.." and Edward said " What a sick masochistic lion"... It melted my heart. That was the true moment they knew they couldn't ever leave each other alone anymore.
golden x sunshine
Learning to Love Green

Post by golden x sunshine »

-all of the confessions were meaningful, but i think the ones that were the most important was the confession of their love for each other. it was soo cute (:

-im looking forward not to what edward has been doing, but how he feels about bella and himself and what hes thinking in general.

-i think their humanity is best shown when their declaring their love for each other. to love is something all humans do, so declaring their love is displaying their humanity.

-haha alll of them were pretty romantic to me, but when edward is like i just wanna try one thing, and he goes to kiss bella and she almost like passes out. ohhhh god i thought i was gonna faint too ! hhaha.
"when life offers you a dream so far beyond any of your expectations, it's not reasonable to grieve when it comes to an end."
-twilight
Black Rose
Learning to Love Green

Post by Black Rose »

When they told each other how much they love. Of course that was the most meaningful!

I most'y just want to know what he's thinking the whole time. I've read part of Midnight Sun and my favoritte part was when he disappeared after first meeting Bella. I won't say why or where he went. I'll let you figure that out when you read it.

Love is always pertwayed as a very human emotion. So when they start confessing their love for one another, there, thats the most human moment in practically the whole book.

When they kiss. OMG! It was so perfect. And absolutely romantic.
ThisStoryOfLove
Learning to Love Green

Post by ThisStoryOfLove »

I think that for both of them admitting that they love each other and in a way showing how much they need each other and how it hurts them when they are not together.

I have read the manuscript on Stephenie's site and I am looking forward to seeing what is going through Edward's head through this entire chapter.

Well, when Bella "attacks" him as he first kisses her and his immortality is shown when he shows Bella just how dangerous he truly is.

I love it when Edward puts his head on Bella's chest and just sits there holding her and listening to her heart beat.

"Oh, and also, I'm wretchedly in love with you."
-Edward, Midnight Sun
alice_is_my_homegirl
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by alice_is_my_homegirl »

1. The chapter is entitled "confessions". What do you think the most meaningful confession on Bella's part, and what is the most meaningful confession on Edward's part?That edward could kill her so easily and that Bella doesn't care

2. Edward tells Bella everything that he has been doing "off page" up until now. Most of these moments will be shown in "Midnight Sun." Which moment are you most looking forward to reading?When he loses control

3. The subject of humanity and what it means to be truly human constantly comes up. How is the humanity of Bella and Edward best displayed in this chapter?Their love!

4. This is the chapter where we really see a romance blooming between Edward and Bella. What was the most romantic moment for you?When they kiss at the end of the run!
Team Edward: Bringing Sexy Back Since 1901!
beemarie
Wandering Through Town

Post by beemarie »

I think it's both of their feelings towards each other. I mean, for anyone, that's a huge step. Plus, for Edward, he reveals how badly he wants her blood, and that part of him as well.

Where he was when he wasn't at school, first when he disappeared and then on the sunny days.

As they express their feelings towards each other. I mean, everyone hates to be totally out in the open, no one likes to be vulnerable, and it was nice to see both of their vulnerability. And when they just sat together... it was just so sweet. :)

Just when she put her head on his chest and he put his arms around her. I mean, that's kind of my dream. So I was like... awww. This whole chapter was just like... so sweet to me.
~Bee Marie
lunamia
Wandering Through Town

Post by lunamia »

1. The chapter is entitled "confessions". What do you think the most meaningful confession on Bella's part, and what is the most meaningful confession on Edward's part?Bella wants to be there, she is not afraid, he wont hurt her. Edwards confession or revelation really is that he can be alone with her. Sure he could kill her but wont because he cant live without her.

Everything. Absolutely everything.

3. The subject of humanity and what it means to be truly human constantly comes up. How is the humanity of Bella and Edward best displayed in this chapter?Well, little things here and there. Death is mentioned so Bella knows that being in love with an immortal is a tiny bit complicated. Edward is no willing to change her so he knows his time with her is limited.

I am not a sappy person by nature. Except with this book (or the whole saga really). The more lovey dovey it got the more I loved it LOL. Anyway..lots of good parts..