A Chapter By Chapter Discussion of Twilight

Moderators: December, Bronze Haired Girl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Alphie
Blame me for everything

Chapter 12 - Balancing

Post by Alphie »

1. What are Billy and Jacob's feelings towards Bella?

2. Charlie says he's aware that he leaves Bella alone too often, and Bella responds that she doesn't mind beign alone. She further adds that she's a lot like Charlie. In what ways do you see them as being alike?

3. Edward's questions continue and today he asks Bella about people: family and boyfriends. Why did he save those questions for the second day of questioning?

4. Why do yo think Edward wrote the words "Be Safe".
la_tua_cantante
Jump Starting Bella's Truck
Location: Contemplating giving Edward baking lessons. (Austin, TX)

Re: Chapter 12 - Balancing

Post by la_tua_cantante »

Billy is worried about the time she's spending with Edward and Jacob is still flushing out his feelings, or at least I think so.

2. Charlie says he's aware that he leaves Bella alone too often, and Bella responds that she doesn't mind beign alone. She further adds that she's a lot like Charlie. In what ways do you see them as being alike?

They both hate attention. They're both stubborn. They're both weird about expressing emotion and dealing with unpleasant stuff.

3. Edward's questions continue and today he asks Bella about people: family and boyfriends. Why did he save those questions for the second day of questioning?

I think they're less intrusive. You can ask anyone their favorite color or gemstone, but questions on family and your relationship history is more personal.

He can't stand to see Bella hurt, even if it's just a few scratches on her hands.
Read *Jasper Lurks*
*My FanFiction* & My LJ.
Team Edward all the way!
I. MET. ROB. PATTINSON.
gordonfan08
Wandering Through Town

Post by gordonfan08 »

1. What are Billy and Jacob's feelings towards Bella? I think Jacob has strong feelings for Bella, other than in a friendly way, and Billy cares for her like a daughter because she is his best friend's only child. Billy worries about Bella's saftey, while Jacob worries about her heart getting stolen by Edward.

2. Charlie says he's aware that he leaves Bella alone too often, and Bella responds that she doesn't mind beign alone. She further adds that she's a lot like Charlie. In what ways do you see them as being alike? They are both used to being alone and don't seem to mind as much.

3. Edward's questions continue and today he asks Bella about people: family and boyfriends. Why did he save those questions for the second day of questioning? Those questions are very personal and he didn't want to scare her off by prying into her business right off the top.

4. Why do yo think Edward wrote the words "Be Safe". Because he wants her to be careful.
TwiguyEC
Settled in Forks

Post by TwiguyEC »

Jacob wants to be more than friends and Billy feels kind of protective because she is his best friends daughter and she is hanging with a vampire, a big no no on the rez lol.
Independent, shy, not too talkative,
I don't think its anything too important. I think he is just making the questions progressively harder and deeper.
Well, simply because Bella is a accident/danger magnet and he wants nothing more than for her to be safe while he isn't around to protect her.
The smell of her blood saturated every particle of air in the tiny, hot room. My throat burst into flames.
-Edward Cullen, Midnight Sun
spookybell
Part of Carlisle's Clan

Post by spookybell »

Billy likes Bella a lot. He likes that Jacob likes Bella also. Jacob has a crush on Bella and really likes her a lot.

Well, both Charlie and Bella are independent. Both of the characters like themselves. Both of them are content with their living situation. Both of them like their alone time.

Well, there could be several reasons. Maybe Edward didn't find it as intriguing to know about Bella's family and past boyfriends. His first day of questioning would give him far clearer insights to who Bella is as a person.

Hmmm. Because Bella is a danger magnet!!!
Sometimes I am not satisfied with my signature!
ashleygill03
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by ashleygill03 »

I think that Jacob is infatuated with Bella and has a school boy crush on her.
Billy is very worried about Bella, being that he's her fathers friend, and he is quite certain the 'legends' are true.

They are both introverted, independent, bad dancers, and like to be left alone.

They're deeper and more personal questions. I think he's very intrigued that she hasn't had boyfriends before, because he hasn't had girlfriends.

Because Bella is always hurting herself and he's very worried about her safety.
Megsimadic
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by Megsimadic »

Billy see's her as a daughter because he is Charlies best friend, and is protective of her for that reason. Jacob clearly has a crush on Bella.

I think they are both used to being alone and neither of them mind it.

They are more personal, so the first stuff he asked was a build up to the more personal, the more he knows her the deeper he gets.

Bella is accident prone. He doesnt want her doing something silly and hurting herself.
My Youtube - My Livejournal
Private Meg Shinigami of Jasper's Confederate Army

Team Jasper:He is my happy hormone
Team Alice: Because Im short and annoying too!
Stacia
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by Stacia »

Jacob has a crush on Bella and Billy is protective of her because she is Charlie's daughter and also he knows that Edward is a vampire and he wants to make sure that no harm comes to Bella.

2. Charlie says he's aware that he leaves Bella alone too often, and Bella responds that she doesn't mind being alone. She further adds that she's a lot like Charlie. In what ways do you see them as being alike?
Neither one of them talks much, even to each other. They both also hide their emotions....also, they are both loners, in a sense. They both have friends, but for the most part, prefer solitude.

They are the harder questions to answer.

Because she's a magnet for danger and he wants to keep her in one piece!
Elsbyth
Settled in Forks

Post by Elsbyth »

I believe that Jacob has a youthful crush on Bella. And has for some time. I think that Billy views himself as her protector - or rather a protector of everyone from the cold ones. He's a bit overbearing and seems to think that his way is the only way that is correct.

2. Charlie says he's aware that he leaves Bella alone too often, and Bella responds that she doesn't mind being alone. She further adds that she's a lot like Charlie. In what ways do you see them as being alike?
I think they are both very reserved, very solitary people. Charlie enjoys fishing alone and Bella is content spending her day reading a book in the backyard. They seem to enjoy being around people, but not in large social settings. Intimate family/friends gathering are where the two of them are most comfortable.

Maybe he wanted to build up to them. Let Bella know that his reactions would be condescending or mocking. That she could trust him.

Because it's Bella. And she can trip walking across a flat surface. Because it would be the end of him if something happened to her and he knows how much that would hurt his family.
Melarian
Settled in Forks

Post by Melarian »

Jacob likes Bella. I don't know whether he has already fallen in love with her at that point but at least he likes her a lot. For Billy, Bella is the daughter of one of his friends and therefore he feels partly responsible for her well-being.

Bella, just like Charlie, likes to be alone and independent. They both like being on their own and they don't need a lot of people around them to be happy.

Asking those questions straight away on the first day may have been a bit too personal. Therefore he left those questions for the second day. Bella might have felt a bit strange if he had first asked her about her former boyfriends and stuff.

4. Why do yo think Edward wrote the words "Be Safe"?
Well, Bella has this kind of ability to get herself into unsafe situations. Edward wants her to remember to take care of herself - because she matters to him now and he doesn't want anything to happen to her.