A Chapter By Chapter Discussion of Twilight

Moderators: December, Bronze Haired Girl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Destani
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Re: Chapter 11 ~ Complications

Post by Destani »

1. Each time they are in science class, Bella describes an electric-like current passing between her and Edward. What do you think this current is?
It's their attraction for one another, their chemistry so to speak. It's similar to the jolt Bella felt when she first touched Edward's hand when he was handing her a slide in class.

2. During all the questions, we learn that the thing Edward asks the most about are books Bella has read. Why do you think he mostly asks about books?
Bella loves to read and, even though Edward can't read her mind, he's pretty perceptive. He probably picks up on the fact that she likes talking about books and continues that line of questioning. Based on the books she likes and the characters she identifies with, he can also probably get an idea of what she thinks and feels.

3. What type of books do you think Bella mentions?
Classic romance novels since she seems to enjoy those the most.

4. What was your reaction to hearing what twilight is like for vampires.
I felt like it was one of the first times Edward was completely open with Bella and spoke candidly to her without holding anything back. Even when he revealed things before, he seemed to do it methodically and slowly so Bella could take everything in. This time, he expresses his true feelings and emotions in a very unguarded way.
Images courtesy of: http://robbuz.deviantart.com/
X-X-Burn-It-Down-X-X
Wandering Through Town

Post by X-X-Burn-It-Down-X-X »

1. Each time they are in science class, Bella describes an electric-like current passing between her and Edward. What do you think this current is?
Just being so close to him, they were obviously connected in some way, so chemistry was bound to appear : )

2. During all the questions, we learn that the thing Edward asks the most about are books Bella has read. Why do you think he mostly asks about books?

What characters she relates to and the books she reads could tell him alot about her thoughts, that's all I could think of. : )

Romances, maybe it's because she can relate to them books at that time or she just likes more personal books : )

I felt sorry for them really, that times effected them so much, but at the same time it was quite interesting
: )
It's not faith if you use your eyes.
Kymberli
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by Kymberli »

1. Each time they are in science class, Bella describes an electric-like current passing between her and Edward. What do you think this current is?I think that is the phyiscal attraction they have towards each other. It is there natural chemistry

2. During all the questions, we learn that the thing Edward asks the most about are books Bella has read. Why do you think he mostly asks about books?I think because of all the books that he has himself. Edward has been around a long time and when Bella finally goes to the house they mention something about all the books in the house

3. What type of books do you think Bella mentions?I think the classics. When she was laying on the blanket in the yard she had Pride and prejudice, sense and sensibility, wuthering heights with her.

4. What was your reaction to hearing what twilight is like for vampires.I thought that Edward was being very open with her. I don't think he was holding anything back at this moment.
'twahy-lahyt'
Lusting for Blood

Post by 'twahy-lahyt' »

The physical attraction... I mean Bella obviously finds him utterly appealing, and vice versa.

Because the type of books someone reads tells a lot about their personallity, and because he can't read her mind he is trying to figure out anything he can.

The classics, Shakespeare, Faulkner, Bronte, and of course Jane Austen.

It made me kind of sad. but it I think he was openly sharing something with her without her having to ask him why he was looking out his window that way.
MissMagnolia
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by MissMagnolia »

It is the attraction between. It is so strong because they are both trying to not jump each other right in the middle of class.
He is probably finding something to relate too if books are important to him then he would want books to be important to her. Also, types of books you like can tell about the person's personality.
Classic books, tragic romances
I felt sad because the easiest part of the day for them is also the loneliest.
*TwilightIsMyDrug*
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by *TwilightIsMyDrug* »

Their love for each other.

I think the types of books you read align with your personality and show part of the way your mind works. He's obviously curious about how hers works. I also think that Edward is a smart dude. I think he appreciates people with good taste in literature.

All the classics.

Somewhat haunting and yet peaceful to hear. It almost made me tear up a little. At this point I was building a very soft spot for Edward.
"You don't know how long I've waited for you."
Team Edward
BreathelessVampire
Fishing with Charlie

Post by BreathelessVampire »

I think its those currents that occurs between two people who are fated to be together.

He wants to know about her likes and dislikes, and her personality. It does tell alot through the books you read.

Classics
I was gonna be happy because its something new, I have been sick of reading normal teen romance.
Team Edward. Team Jasper. Team Alice. Team Emmett
Because they are just plain sexy.

Trainee at Emmett's Demolition Crew

Member of Donating Blood To Jasper&Co.
ashiekins16
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by ashiekins16 »

They have some connection, and physical attraction.

The types of books and how much they read can give you a lot about a person.

Early Century Love Stories, The Classics.

It was kind of sad. I didn't really know there was such a lonely, sad time for vampires.
Randomness Regular since #7 E<3B
Team Bill...er, no Eric..no Bill.. :)
lag28wa
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by lag28wa »

Ahhh, the electric, "alive" feeling that you get when you are near someone that you are extremely attracted to body, mind and soul, also its a new experience for them and they explore their feelings for eachother both together and apart.

I think it fascinates Edward that she is such an avid reader. He says she never does what he expects, her probably expects her to not be very culture, but unlike anyone he's met before she really is. I'm sure he's ready thousands of books in his years himself and maybe he is interested if their tastes are similar.

Classics, books with meaning, romances(classic).

I don't think I completely understand his sentiment. I don't know why the night would be any harder for them than the daytime. He says that night is predictable. I don't know if that's just because there is less going on when the rest of the world is asleep or what. I would think that night is kind of like a haven for them to not be under other peoples watchful eyes. It was just different.
It is not length of life, but depth of life---Ralph Waldo Emerson
Banner by emaleth @ Vesparium
corinnejca
Wandering Through Town

Post by corinnejca »

The electric-like current is the intense attraction that they both feel for each other. They both want to touch each other so bad, but they both are holding back, for their own different reasons. I think the fact that they hold back just makes the electric current even stronger, which then makes them want to touch each other even more. It's a vicious cycle.

I think he is very interested in what books Bella reads because it will help him to understand how her mind works more. He is so interested in the way her mind works, especially since she is the one person that he can't use his mind-reading power on. He's desperate to get inside her head.

Probably a lot of classics, especially Jane Austen books. I can imagine her liking Pride and Prejudice a lot because her relationship with Edward has a lot of similarities to Elizabeth and Mr. Darcy's relationship. Probably Romeo and Juliet too. I personally would like to know if she's a fan of any vampire novels...

I can understand where he's coming from, being sad about the return of the night, but I like the night and darkness a lot more than the average person. Everything is more interesting at night, people are more open when it's dark. I'm sure there's a lot that can be said about what twilight is like for vampires, considering "Twilight" was chosen as the title of the book.