A Chapter By Chapter Discussion of Twilight

Moderators: December, Bronze Haired Girl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
edward x lover
Fishing with Charlie

Re: Chapter 11 ~ Complications

Post by edward x lover »

1. Each time they are in science class, Bella describes an electric-like current passing between her and Edward. What do you think this current is?
Chemistry <3

2. During all the questions, we learn that the thing Edward asks the most about are books Bella has read. Why do you think he mostly asks about books?
Because he wants to know about how her mind works.

3. What type of books do you think Bella mentions?
Love stories.

4. What was your reaction to hearing what twilight is like for vampires.
Oh so that's where the title came from =]
~Lee~
Team Ian because human guys can be perfect.
Team Edward-Bringing Sexy Back Since 1901
RDC<3
anilu
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by anilu »

1. Each time they are in science class, Bella describes an electric-like current passing between her and Edward. What do you think this current is?
Definitvely love, that's the point when they become aware of who the person they're sitting with really is.

2. During all the questions, we learn that the thing Edward asks the most about are books Bella has read. Why do you think he mostly asks about books?
Since he cant "hear" her thoughts I think it easy for him trying to decipher Bella by her likes.

Classics, mostly tragic romance like Romeo and Juliet

I felt sad for them, it seems the safest time for the vampires is also when they are lonelier :(
EllaMinnowPee
Settled in Forks

Post by EllaMinnowPee »

Alphie wrote:1. Each time they are in science class, Bella describes an electric-like current passing between her and Edward. What do you think this current is?

Their chemistry; their connection. Nothing supernatural here. I'm sure all couples, especially new couples, have experienced the same thing.

Edward is well-read. You can tell a lot about someone based on the books they read.

The classics. Romeo and Juliet, Wuthering Heights, etc. I was beyond thrilled to read later that Bella referenced Anne of Green Gables (I won't mention where, in case it spoils it for someone who hasn't read it yet). It brought tears to my eyes. That was my very favorite book while I was growing up, and in fact, my daughter's name is in honor of Anne Shirley.

Hmm. I tend to gloss over at the descriptive parts- I'll have to re-read that again.
KaylaMarieBlack7
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by KaylaMarieBlack7 »

Maybe its just the way they feel. Like they were ment to be together, and the current of those feelings are all over when they're together.

Because you can always learn a lot from books. And they way people respond to them.

I know she is a fane of Jane Austen. She also likes Romance.

I didnt really have much of a reaction. I mean I know its safer for them and everything. But they keep going day by day.
I ♥ Jacob Black.
Ever since New Moon. =]
lovely_and_4ever_17
Settled in Forks

Post by lovely_and_4ever_17 »

Easy that's love

You can learn alot about a person from what they read, like what topic they enjoy

Jane Austen

i was like oh it's the reason for the title
LizCA217
Settled in Forks

Post by LizCA217 »

I don't think it has to do with being in science really, but just how close they are. At lunch they sit across from each other, in his car they stick to their own sides.

He's probably read far more than his fair share of books and this would give them something else in common.

Classic, tragic, romances mostly!

I was sad. It makes me sad to think that they can't sleep.
rapidheartbeat<3twi

Post by rapidheartbeat<3twi »

-KInd of similar to that butterflies-in-your-stomach feeling, but in the form of a electric tingling.

-Because, coming from the era he did, he must have read most of the books she's read. Plus, I think the reasons we read the books we do, and what we get out of them, really tell a lot about your personality. There's a big difference between people who like to read and people who don't.

-Probably her favorite classics and the books she's read most recently-which are probably also classics-Things like Jane Austen and Shakespeare.

-Well, my first thought was pretty lame "Ha ha! He said Twilight! Like the title of the book!". After I was done with trivial thoughts, I was thinking about what Edward had said, about night being predictable: Night is always dark, no matter what. The daytime . . . it could be sunny or cloudy or hazy or all sorts of views. Even though night can be cloudy or pitch black, it's always dark.
"If you're going to have a lapse in control, I can think of a better place for it."-Bella-Eclipse
LilyMorgana
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by LilyMorgana »

Love. :D

Both Bella and Edward seem to have read a lot so I think he asks her these things because it's something they've got in common. Another reason might be because you can learn something about people by knowing what kind of books they like to read.

From what I've read, I'd say the classic and romantic ones.

I thought it was a bit saddening.
- Nele

Private Morgana Mordant of Jasper's Confederate Army, Team Stainless Claret
LilyMorgana
Riddalyn

Post by Riddalyn »

Looooooove! lol. Um, maybe the extreme desire they feel for each other?

You can tell a lot about a person from the books they read. And you can tell how much like you they are... especially in Bella's case, I think. She loves the classics, for instance... and how much more classic do you get than Edward??

The romantic classics, the same ones we know she reads over and over (sound familiar, Twilight Fans?!)

It made me sad. Poor vampires. How would it be to have to live a life where you were doing everything you can to make up for something that you never had a choice in, never wanted in the first place, and still feel awful about what you were? I mean, I know he didn't say anything about that, but the whole Twilight being a new day, but also the end of a day, just made me think of the whole situation that the Cullens are in.
Team Jake - Because I Can Take The HEAT
Chocolatebrowneyes
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by Chocolatebrowneyes »

a mixture of repressed urges :oops: and chemistry

2. During all the questions, we learn that the thing Edward asks the most about are books Bella has read. Why
do you think he mostly asks about books?
because he wants to know what she likes to read because he likes to read too.

Jane Austin, mostly the classics...

not surprising because when it's a sunny day Twilight they can come ou and mingle without fear of being caught
"Why won't you leave me alone?"
Believe me,I wanted to say. I've tried.
Oh, and also, I'm wretchedly in love with you.
Keep it light.

ImageImageImageImage