A Chapter By Chapter Discussion of Twilight

Moderators: December, Bronze Haired Girl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
trhmllr
Learning to Love Green

Re: Chapter 10 ~ Interrogations

Post by trhmllr »

1. How do you think Edward and Bella both did in trying to behave naturally around each other on the "morning after?" Was Bella too nervous or shy? Did Edward seem more open?
I think they did fine. It can be awkward, but they did well. I think Bella was nervous because she didn't know if Edward be that open with her again. Does she act like she did before, what do they talk about now...that kind of stuff. I think he did seem more open. She knew his biggest secret and accepted it. He is able to talk to her and not have to be as careful about what he says.

2. How do you think Edward really felt about Bella's conversation with Jessica?
I think he found it humorous. He can see Bella struggling to find the words, because she knew he would be listening, so she had that pressure. Plus Jessica is they type of person who wants all the details and Bella couldn't give them to her. So she had to find a way to satisfy Jessica without giving away to much! Thus the topic change to Mike!

3. Bella took a bite of pizza after Edward. Stephenie has told us that in that moment, Bella consumed a very small amount of venom. Does it surprise you that Edward didn't stop her from taking a bite or that he didn't react to it in any way?
I didn't even think about that. I wonder if he thought about that or if it slipped his mind as well. If he thought about it I doubt he would have handed it to her though.... Good question. It seems obvious to think about that. But If and when they kiss wouldn't that be the same thing (I know they don't usually kiss open mouthed because he is scared to hurt her). I read that the venom has to get in the blood stream, so as long as she doesn't have a cut it should be okay... makes me wonder!

4. They argue about who cares for whom more all throughout lunch. In your opinion, which one really does care for the other more?
It is hard to say. Their love isn't "normal". They have this powerful love that you can't describe or measure. So who can ever say with complete accuracy "I love you more than you love me." Even in normal relationships. Some one is always going to think that they feel more for the other than that person feels for them.

5. Emmett prefers bears, Edward prefers mountain lions. Based on their personality, what do you suppose the other Cullen's prefer to hunt?
I have no idea. I can't even guess. I would say that Alice would prefer something smart and fast. She seems like she would want a challenge. Jasper probably likes something dangerous like Emmett. But I really can not even begin to guess. I think most of the time they hunt what is available.
ImageImage
Elsbyth
Settled in Forks

Post by Elsbyth »

1. How do you think Edward and Bella both did in trying to behave naturally around each other on the "morning after?" Was Bella too nervous or shy? Did Edward seem more open?
I thought they were classic nervous, unsure teenagers. What's he thinking? What's she thinking? And both too afraid of how much they feel to actually ask or say something to reveal the depth of their emotion. Edward did seem less defensive, but still reserved enough to not kill her.

I think he was frustrated. Frustrated that he can't get Bella's every thought from anyone's head and frustrated that Bella doesn't understand how much she means to him.

3. Bella took a bite of pizza after Edward. Stephenie has told us that in that moment, Bella consumed a very small amount of venom. Does it surprise you that Edward didn't stop her from taking a bite or that he didn't react to it in any way?
I guess I think of the venom more in terms of a release fluid - like Edward has some control over it. I mean they don't walk around drooling venom do they? Wouldn't they be able to control the release of it to be able to fully utilize it during a hunt or an attack?

4. They argue about who cares for whom more all throughout lunch. In your opinion, which one really does care for the other more?
More? I think there is no end to him or her without the other. Two characters have never been written who care for each other more equally - it's all consuming for both of them.

5. Emmett prefers bears, Edward prefers mountain lions. Based on their personality, what do you suppose the other Cullens prefer to hunt?
I would think that Rosalie would only feed on whatever is brought to her on a silver platter. Alice would like something slight, but hard to hunt. Jasper would enjoy some sort of jungle cat. I don't know about Carlisle and Esme.
Melarian
Settled in Forks

Post by Melarian »

Given the circumstances, they acted quite normally. Maybe both were a bit shy because of the special moments they had together and unsure how it would continue and how they should behave. I think Edward seemed a bit more relaxed and open around Bella.

I think he feels a bit frustrated because in his opinion Bella doesn't understand how much he really cares for her.

No, it doesn't. He probably thought about it beforehand and was sure that there wasn't enough venom to do any harm. Otherwise he would have stopped her.

Equally. They both care in their own way but I don't think you can compare them because of the very different backgrounds they have.

5. Emmett prefers bears, Edward prefers mountain lions. Based on their personality, what do you suppose the other Cullens prefer to hunt?
I have no idea. In fact never thought about it before.
darkrider
Red-Eyed Vampire

Post by darkrider »

i think they both kinda handeled everyting fine

i think he was relieved

it surprised me that he didn't stop her if he even knew...and that he didin't react

i think they both love each other unconditionally.

rosalie-deer...because they're pretty and fast
My twinnie and my fav twi guy=meteor
Randomness Reggie! BACK in...dark?
Emmett's Demolition Crew:Trainee
Team Edmartt! <<for the clueless, edward+emmett
MoonlitRose
Wandering Through Town

Post by MoonlitRose »

Hm... Bella seemed more shy, although that took care of itself throughout the day. Edward seemed more awkward in his attempt to be his normal self. That took care of itself naturally as well.

Hm... That's hard to say. I think he felt somewhat... frustrated, because Bella just doesn't understand how much she means to him. But overall, I think he was pretty satisfied with the conversation.

Yes, it does, actually. Thinking back on it now, though... A small amount of venom probably wouldn't hurt anything. He would have stopped her if it did.

At this point in time, I would say that Edward cares for Bella more. He's older than she is, and therefore wiser. I'm sure he's probably loved in his life, and so he knows the difference between a regular love (like family, friends, boyfriend) to true love. Bella probably doesn't understand that yet.

We don't know enough about any certain Cullen--aside from Edward himself--to make an opinion on what they prefer. All we know for sure is that Edward prefers mountain lion, and Emmett prefers bears.
BlueStarlight
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by BlueStarlight »

1. How do you think Edward and Bella both did in trying to behave naturally around each other on the "morning after?" Was Bella too nervous or shy? Did Edward seem more open? This is another one of my favorites! It sounds silly, but it's all a bit cute... it's that point in time where you go from watching the one you have a cursh on to actually talking to them and finding out who they really are, all the excitement and nerves; reminds me of my high school experience.

2. How do you think Edward really felt about Bella's conversation with Jessica? I think he found answers he really didn't want to ask Bella himself.

3. Bella took a bite of pizza after Edward. Stephenie has told us that in that moment, Bella consumed a very small amount of venom. Does it surprise you that Edward didn't stop her from taking a bite or that he didn't react to it in any way? No; I didn't know at that time about the venom; I found the books just a couple of months ago and hadn't read or watched any interviews before reading Twilight; I was still under the usual notion- one must be bitten and then drink a vamp's blood to be turned. I didn't realize how different SM's world was until I finished the book. Now that I know it's the venom that turns you, I think Edward knew that whatever was left behind on the pizza wouldn't hurt her.

4. They argue about who cares for whom more all throughout lunch. In your opinion, which one really does care for the other more? Wow, I don't know. I think they are pretty much equal here. Bella is willing to give up her life in order to be one of his kind so she can be with him. Edward is fighting the natural urges of what he is in order to stay with her. They BOTH don't understand how the other can see the inner beauty in them- Bella thinks she's nothing special, just an ordinary girl, and Eward thinks he is just a monster without a soul. That's what makes them perfect for each other- they bring out each other's REAL self.

5. Emmett prefers bears, Edward prefers mountain lions. Based on their personality, what do you suppose the other Cullens prefer to hunt? I really don't know; never really thought about it.
Midnight_Sunshine
Settled in Forks

Post by Midnight_Sunshine »

I think that as their relationship progressed. They both became a bit more open. Bella was always more honest than she wanted to be, but she is also very shy. And that's why we love her :)

This whole time, he is very upset that Bella can't understand how dangerous he is. Every time that she says something obsessive about him it scares him. I don't think that the conversation with Jessica is any different.

I wonder why I never thought of that.... I don't think that if Edward had considered that he would have just let her eat it. I could totally picture him knocking the pizza out of her hand and once the whole cafeteria is staring he's like "Um...Yeah... that's not healthy young lady... don't eat it..." and Bella would be all :shock:

At this point, there aren't that many measures of their love. Edward did save Bella's life a couple more times, but only because he is more capable of doing so. I think that Bella's resolve to be changed proves that she loves him equally. I guess we have to wait for Midnight Sun to see though.

A while ago I think that I did figure this out... let's see what I can remember. I think that Alice would like to hunt gazelles because she runs like one. Rosalie would prefer tigers because she's fierce like that. Carlisle might like something sophisticated like a jaguar.Jasper would like a good 'ol southern gator. Esme probably wouldn't be too showy about her hunting, maybe a cougar. For some reason I think it would be really funny to see the Cullens trying to hunt a whale. I can totally picture Jasper holding it out of the water and Alice sitting on top of it....
kaitlyncullen
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by kaitlyncullen »

they both love each other pretty much, but they haven't said it, they're struggling with that emotion and what to do about it, that makes bella a lot more shy. but i think they both were a lot more open, they still an easiness about them and it just shows how perfect they are together. aww.

a little curious, he wants to know why she doesn't understand how much he cares. she tried not to say anything she didn't want edward to hear, and of course she just confuses him all the time, but i think he was also happy with her answers too.

he must have known it wouldn't do anything, otherwise he wouldnt have even let her touch the pizza after he took a bite out of it.

both of them. they both are willing to do something incredibly stupid, and that is be with each other. they are each other's lives.

carlisle, i think a moose or elk. jasper, a jaguar, rawr. esme, same as carlisle. alice, i dont know, a cheetah or something. and rosalie, i can see her hunting gazelle or deer.
Private Kaitlyn Cullen of Jasper's Army.
"Forged in war, born of death, saved by love." - Jackson Rathbone. <3
psugar
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by psugar »

1. How do you think Edward and Bella both did in trying to behave naturally around each other on the "morning after?" Was Bella too nervous or shy? Did Edward seem more open?I think they complimented each other perfectly

2. How do you think Edward really felt about Bella's conversation with Jessica?I think he felt worried

3. Bella took a bite of pizza after Edward. Stephenie has told us that in that moment, Bella consumed a very small amount of venom. Does it surprise you that Edward didn't stop her from taking a bite or that he didn't react to it in any way?Yes it does surprise me.

4. They argue about who cares for whom more all throughout lunch. In your opinion, which one really does care for the other more?Edward

5. Emmett prefers bears, Edward prefers mountain lions. Based on their personality, what do you suppose the other Cullens prefer to hunt?Rosalie-Male Peacock Carlisle-Owl Alice-Squirrel that's all I can think of
Trainee of EDC-Let's break down some houses!
In my version of Twilight Jacob never existed!
Krystal
Lured By the Scent

Post by Krystal »

I think they did a pretty good job.

I think he was a little worried and relieved.

Yeah, it surprises me alittle, becvause you'd think he would try to keep her away from it.

I think they both love each other the same.

I think Rosalie would want something easy so she doesn't have to do that much.
Alice something fun to catch.
Jasper...hmmm maybe a mountain lion too.
Esme - deer.
I have no idea for Carlisle. Maybe just anything he finds.
by myhopesaresohigh @ vesperarium