Moderators: December, Bronze Haired Girl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Alphie
Blame me for everything

Chapter 19 ~ Race

Post by Alphie »

Questions by Cocoa:

1) Alice told Jasper she would get out, and then told Bella she hated lying to him. Did this put you on edge?

2) We learn a great deal about the Volturi in this chapter. What were your first impressions of the Volturi?

3) Bella found it comforting to know that if they were too late she would have an "easy way out." Did this frighten you, considering the Romeo and Juliet illusions?

4) Alice promises to change Bella. Did this make you optimistic for the future? How did you think that Edward would react to that?

5)Edward's plans were set, the steps for exposure in motion. Were you afraid for his life?
la_tua_cantante
Jump Starting Bella's Truck
Location: Contemplating giving Edward baking lessons. (Austin, TX)

Re: Chapter 19 ~ Race

Post by la_tua_cantante »

1) Alice told Jasper she would get out, and then told Bella she hated lying to him. Did this put you on edge?
It did, even though I knew she only meant that she couldn't guarantee it, not that they were definitely going to die.

2) We learn a great deal about the Volturi in this chapter. What were your first impressions of the Volturi?
C R E E P Y. Ugh.

3) Bella found it comforting to know that if they were too late she would have an "easy way out." Did this frighten you, considering the Romeo and Juliet illusions?
A bit, but I knew there was another book, so I knew she made it. LOL.

4) Alice promises to change Bella. Did this make you optimistic for the future? How did you think that Edward would react to that?
AUGH I was so excited when she said she was considering changing Bella herself. I was like Bella, and almost wanted her to do it right then and there. Edward would have been mad, but I think, even through the end of the series, he never fully understood Bella's real desire to be a vampire.

5)Edward's plans were set, the steps for exposure in motion. Were you afraid for his life?
OME, yes. I was like, Bella better get to him!!!
Read *Jasper Lurks*
*My FanFiction* & My LJ.
Team Edward all the way!
I. MET. ROB. PATTINSON.
Twifighter4Edward17
Settled in Forks

Post by Twifighter4Edward17 »

1. Alice told Jasper she would get out. and then told Bella she hated lying to him. Did this put you on edge ?

Not really because I knew they would make it in time.

2. We learn a great deal about the Volturi in this chapter. what were your first impressions of the Volturi ?

I did not really like the Volturi because they eat humans instead of animals and second I would not have let them touch me. It would make me feel unsafe.

3. Bella found it comforting to know that if they were to late she would have an " easy wasy out " Did this fighten you, considering the Romeo and Juliet illiusions ?

It make me anxious but I knew they would make it out of there and then everything would be fine.

4. Alice promises to change Bella. Did this make you optimistic for the future ? How did you think that Edward would react to that ?

It did make me optimistic for the future. For Edward and Bella's Future,together. I knew he would not like the idea that first bet he always gives Bella what she wants so I knew she had to get changed in that year or so to come. Which I was glad about.

5. Edward's plans were set, the steps for exposure in motion. Were you afraid for his life ?

I was kind of afraid and axious for him but I knew he would be saved. But I sill kind of freaked out until Bella got there.
trhmllr
Learning to Love Green

Post by trhmllr »

It was the fact she couldn't guarantee they would all make it out alive. It made me think would they really kill off someone. I wasn't afraid for them to bad because I knew there was another book!!

When I first learned of the Volturi, I was okay with them. They keep the vampire secret and in check. They keep them from ruling the world!!! So I understood them okay... but I was unsure about them in this part of the book. Knowing they might hurt/kill Edward...or Bella.... I think they have too much power and that isn't good. No one person or group should have to much power!!!

Bella didn't want to live in a world where Edward didn't exist. Even though she was devastated when he left...he was still in the world somewhere. She also knew that when the time came and they killed Edward she would be there, she knows the secret, she is human, so she must be killed. So she knew that should wouldn't have to live long without him. By "Easy way out" I think she means there are several vampires there who would kill her, so she doesn't have to worry about finding a way to end her life!

I was excited. I was like "It is about time!!!" I liked Bella's reaction...do it now!!!! But understood why Alice couldn't/wouldn't. But still I was agreeing with Bella. I wanted to see Bella get changed and what she would be afterwards. Of course Edward would be mad!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! More than mad!!! he didn't want that life for her. He wanted her to have a normal human life. But would he have done...she can't be changed back. Eventually he would have been grateful because now he has his love forever, he wouldn't want to kill her, and she would be safe. In case he hadn't noticed she is always in danger, getting her, or being threatened by vampires!! Then she would have been safe.

I was trying to will Bella to run faster or Edward to open his eyes...LOL. It was a stupid thing, but I did. I knew he would live but I didn't know how far it would go. Would they attack....? That kind of stuff.
ImageImage
Stacia
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by Stacia »

Yes. Towards the end of the book, if a plot is left unresolved I'm always on edge!

Scary.

Yes.

I thought "yay!" I doubt Edward would be very happy with Alice - or with Bella either for that matter.

Yes!
Le-Petit-Mort
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by Le-Petit-Mort »

1) Alice told Jasper she would get out, and then told Bella she hated lying to him. Did this put you on edge?--- Yes.

2) We learn a great deal about the Volturi in this chapter. What were your first impressions of the Volturi?--- I figured they were these cold-hearted no-nonsense type of authorities.

3) Bella found it comforting to know that if they were too late she would have an "easy way out." Did this frighten you, considering the Romeo and Juliet illusions?--- No. If Edward were killed, Bella would be better off dead. Any other way, she would be miserable.

4) Alice promises to change Bella. Did this make you optimistic for the future? How did you think that Edward would react to that?--- Slightly. I was doubting it because Edward probably wouldn't allow it.

5)Edward's plans were set, the steps for exposure in motion. Were you afraid for his life?--- Yes. He seemed set on his plan.
Venecettia
Playing the Stockmarket with Alice

Post by Venecettia »

1) I suppose.

2) Well, that the Cullens, or some of them, thought as the Volturi as villians. I didn't take it that way.

3) No. She knew either way there would be some sort of world with Edward.

4) I think Edward was enraged by it, but just didn't show it as much.

5) No. I knew there was another book, and I read the last page before that.
darkrider
Red-Eyed Vampire

Post by darkrider »

Yes, It made me nervous.

They actually scared me, lol

Yes.....

I thought he would be angry with Alice

yes, of course. I mean, I knew it couldn't/wouldn't end that way..but it wa still upsetting.
My twinnie and my fav twi guy=meteor
Randomness Reggie! BACK in...dark?
Emmett's Demolition Crew:Trainee
Team Edmartt! <<for the clueless, edward+emmett
spookybell
Part of Carlisle's Clan

Post by spookybell »

Yesh it put me on edge and I Loved it!!!

If found that I Have a hear time following the Voltruie, who they ared the new character. I just couldn't wrap my mind aroung this part. My first impression were these Dudes were THE BOSS"

3) Bella found it comforting to know that if they were too late she would have an "easy way out." Did this frighten you, considering the Romeo and Juliet illusions?It didn't frightn my. I knew she would do right.

Edward would be pissed, and there would have to be a reason.

5)Edward's plans were set, the steps for exposure in motion. Were you afraid for his life?I beleived that Bella or someone would save him, no doubt. There were a few strssful moments for edward. It was hard to fill.
Sometimes I am not satisfied with my signature!
BlueStarlight
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by BlueStarlight »

1) Alice told Jasper she would get out, and then told Bella she hated lying to him. Did this put you on edge? Gosh, yes. Danger seemed inevitable, and death, well, I certainly hoped it wouldn't come to that... I knew there were 2 more books, so I figured everything would be okay. I still got caught up in the drama of the situation, though.

2) We learn a great deal about the Volturi in this chapter. What were your first impressions of the Volturi? Good lord! I hated them instantly! They sounded like tyrants.

3) Bella found it comforting to know that if they were too late she would have an "easy way out." Did this frighten you, considering the Romeo and Juliet illusions? Yes, I had been thinking about that the entire book.

4) Alice promises to change Bella. Did this make you optimistic for the future? How did you think that Edward would react to that? Finally! It did make me optimistic, but it wouldn't do much for the romance part of the story. I'd been thinking that it would be sooooo romantic if Edward were the one who changed Bella. If Alice did it, ahhh, Edward would be furious!!

5)Edward's plans were set, the steps for exposure in motion. Were you afraid for his life? Oh my God, yes!!!