A Chapter by Chapter Discussion of New Moon

Moderators: December, Bronze Haired Girl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
*TwilightIsMyDrug*
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Re: Chapter 19 ~ Race

Post by *TwilightIsMyDrug* »

1) Alice told Jasper she would get out, and then told Bella she hated lying to him. Did this put you on edge?
yes, a little.

2) We learn a great deal about the Volturi in this chapter. What were your first impressions of the Volturi?
Freaky Freaky. They are cool though...

3) Bella found it comforting to know that if they were too late she would have an "easy way out." Did this frighten you, considering the Romeo and Juliet illusions?
Bella is just as dramatic as Edward. I knew they would probably make it out, but I didn't know what was going to happen so I was on edge.

4) Alice promises to change Bella. Did this make you optimistic for the future? How did you think that Edward would react to that?
YES!!!!!!! Edward needs a serious chill-pill :-)

5)Edward's plans were set, the steps for exposure in motion. Were you afraid for his life?
Yes. This was such a good story...
"You don't know how long I've waited for you."
Team Edward
lag28wa
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by lag28wa »

1) Alice told Jasper she would get out, and then told Bella she hated lying to him. Did this put you on edge?
Yes! I was very afraid that something would happen to either Alice or Bella. I kind of figured that Bella would make it out okay because she's the main character, so that made me super afraid for Alice. So on edge! I couldn't stop bouncing in my seat, like Bella.

2) We learn a great deal about the Volturi in this chapter. What were your first impressions of the Volturi?
When Edward talked about them in Twilight I thought they were kind of noble, respectable group that some vampires looked up to because of their position of power. After Alice explains things more, I liked them less, I thought they were shady and sort of like vampire mobsters. Doing illicit business and deceiving people about it, though I guess they aren't really deceiving people. Don't like them.

3) Bella found it comforting to know that if they were too late she would have an "easy way out." Did this frighten you, considering the Romeo and Juliet illusions?
Yes! Just like I said in ther first question. Bella is in such a fragile emotional state as it is, that I know she wouldn't see any other option but for her life to end if Edward's life ended. She would never be the same. I could understand her wanting to die if he died.

4) Alice promises to change Bella. Did this make you optimistic for the future? How did you think that Edward would react to that?
Oh! It made me excited for Bella. I wondered if Alice would do it in the near future or not. I knew Edward would be absolutely livid and most likely forbid it. I had a big feeling that he would be a major obstacle in the way of Bella being changed.

5)Edward's plans were set, the steps for exposure in motion. Were you afraid for his life?
Yes. I don't know if I thought he was going to die, but I could see him being imprisoned forever in Volterra or something, I knew that whatever happened it would a complete negative effect on his/Bella's life, it it ended badly like she said.
It is not length of life, but depth of life---Ralph Waldo Emerson
Banner by emaleth @ Vesparium
KaylaMarieBlack7

Post by KaylaMarieBlack7 »

Kind of. It just shows me that Alice doesnt seem them surviving.

They were kind of scary. But i thought that it was good that they were protective over their secret.

No. I was happy that she would have an easy way out. A way to be with the one she loved.

It did. I thought that Bella would finally get what she wanted. I knew Edward wouldnt like that idea at all.

I was. If he knew that Bella was alive, there would be no reason for him to be putting his life in danger.
I ♥ Jacob Black.
Ever since New Moon. =]
Riddalyn

Post by Riddalyn »

Yes. I thought to myself..."Alice better damn well get out in time to see Jasper."

Ugh, they made my stomach hurt. I hated them.

It did and it didn't. I was understanding of how Bella could feel that way... how would it be to lose your true love twice? But I was scared for Jacob and his mental wellbeing.

Oh, it certainly did not. It scared me. I didn't want Alice to have to do that, to risk Bella's life or to risk her own conscience. I was sure Edward would roar with objections.

Yes. I was on the edge of my seat, hoping hoping that Bella would make it in time. Though... I kind of thought she'd trip and ruin everything. Nothing against her, she's just a clumsy, clumsy girl.
Team Jake - Because I Can Take The HEAT
Chocolatebrowneyes
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by Chocolatebrowneyes »

oh yeah I was like you can't see how it ends Alice?!

creepy...and scary and Jane...she's the scariest of all

uh yeah...poor Charlie and Renee

it did make me optimistic, I love Alice :mrgreen: I think Edward would be pissed at first but he'd get over it

yes! Run, Bella, Run!
"Why won't you leave me alone?"
Believe me,I wanted to say. I've tried.
Oh, and also, I'm wretchedly in love with you.
Keep it light.

ImageImageImageImage
Elisabeth33

Post by Elisabeth33 »

Yes, I thought she'd had a vision of them all dying.

I was scared of them.

Yes, I thought it was going to end up just like Shakespeare's story.

Yes, I knew she was going to get her wish. But I thought Edward would be indifferent to this, after all he supposedly didn't love Bella.

TERRIFIED.
natterss707

Post by natterss707 »

Yeah, but I wasn't exactly sure at the time what she was referring to or if there was something we didn't know.

Mostly my thoughts were fear. But also, kind of curious to see how exactly it would turn out.

Yeah, a little. But I convinced myself it wasn't going to come to that.

Yes!! I was very happy with that because I really wanted Edward and Bella to be together forever and for her to be a part of the Cullen family. I thought he was going to be pissed for sure but it didn't matter because ultimately it is Bella's choice.

Yes and no. I had a feeling he was going to be stopped by one person or another. But I was thinking to myself "HURRY BELLA, GET YOUR MANNN!!!!!" ahhaha.
made by Ostentatious6277 @ Vesperarium
Credit fallingbeauty@Vesperarium for avatar.
golden x sunshine
Learning to Love Green

Post by golden x sunshine »

-Oh yes ! I got that weird feeling in the pit of my stomach.

-I thought they were pretty harsh rulers, althought I didn't think of them as bad...yet.

-YES! I was so scared, haha.

-I was soooo happy when Alice said that ! I like smiled to myself, haha. I knew Edward would be wicked wicked mad though.

-Yeeeees ): I knew deep down he wouldn't die...but i was still so so so nervous and I could feel myself cringe every second I got closer to know what was going to happen.
"when life offers you a dream so far beyond any of your expectations, it's not reasonable to grieve when it comes to an end."
-twilight
Black Rose
Learning to Love Green

Post by Black Rose »

Most definately. It was then that I fully realized that this whole trip was life-threatening.

I hated them, of course. They were going to kill Edward after all. And then later Bella. But when they were all finally safe, I thought that maybe the Volturi wasn't all bad.

In the back of my mind, I knew that SM wouldn't kill off the two main characters. But in th front of my mind, I thought it was a possiblitly. But, I rather have them both gone than to have to read another book like the beginning of New Moon. Too depressing.

It got me very excited. I was thinking that maybe it would the transformation would happen in Eclipse. I knew that Edward would object, but how long was it going to be before Bella, being the klutz that she is, would find herself on an early death bed?

Of course. Again, I knew that SM wouldn't just kill off Edward but in the moment, I was terrified that she might do it.
vampirechick101
Red-Eyed Vampire

Post by vampirechick101 »

no of course not....YES!! I really thought they wouldn't make it alive because at that time I didn't even know there was an Eclipse so go figure I really thought they were going to die....I was clutching my shirt and biting my lip when I read that part.

sincerely I found them kind of creepy. The description they have about them is just bizarre so I really thought they were freaky

hm...a little...I was mostly scared that they were going to get killed but still yeah.

Well Edward would never allow it...that much was clear but knowing that Alice was going to change Bella did give me some faith rewarding their future
of course..just because Emmett is my favorite doesn't mean I don't love Edward...I was confident Stephenie wouldn't kill Edward though because I mean she created him so therefore she loved him as him being the main charcter so no I don't think she would have killed him . I still feared he would get hurt though
JACKHAMMER OPERATOR OF THE EDC! EMMETT'S DEMOLITION CREW WOOT WOOT!
Team Rosalie!~ every rose has it's thorns.
Mimi1=My Twi-Twin
You.Are.Not.Leaving.Me- Ian O'Shea<3 *sigh*