A Chapter by Chapter Discussion of New Moon

Moderators: December, Bronze Haired Girl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Jazzy'sgirl112108
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Re: Chapter 18 ~ The Funeral

Post by Jazzy'sgirl112108 »

1) Have you ever had two friends who hated each other? Did you feel the pressure to choose or take sides?
yes, i know what its like to have to friends fighting. sadly it was over me, and i just threatened to befriend both of them if thye didnt quit it! :lol: :!:

2) We have had those moments in our life like Bella, where we are faced with the opportunity to bring a friendship to a new level. Did you act on that moment, how did it turn out for you? Or did you let it pass, like Bella did? Did you end up regretting not taking action?
ive never had to take action liek she did. but i do regret not taking action in a few situations...

3) We all act differently to crisis. In this case Bella was focused on saving Edward from himself, and didn't dwell on the coming danger to herself. Describe a time in your life that you acted for another's safety with out caring for your own.
ive never been in such a situation, but i can imagine it to be very scary.

4) At this point Romeo and Juliet were screaming at us from the grave, were you panicked? Did you read straight through to the end from here unable to put the book down?
almost... i kina, sorta fell asleep with the book in my face!! :lol:

5) Tell us your feelings regarding Jacob at the time verses now. Have they change with time to reflect back and additional reading?
they have changed dramaticly... thats all!
Betting on Alice.
Tonya
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by Tonya »

1) Have you ever had two friends who hated each other? Did you feel the pressure to choose or take sides? Yes and yes zI felt the pressure it sucks. Can't we all just get along?

2) We have had those moments in our life like Bella, where we are faced with the opportunity to bring a friendship to a new level. Did you act on that moment, how did it turn out for you? Or did you let it pass, like Bella did? Did you end up regretting not taking action? It's happened to many times and I usually acted on it. Don't talk to any of them anymore so I guess it ended badly

3) We all act differently to crisis. In this case Bella was focused on saving Edward from himself, and didn't dwell on the coming danger to herself. Describe a time in your life that you acted for another's safety with out caring for your own. Nothing this drastic I do put others ahead of myself tho but nothing stands out. Life is pretty uneventful here..

4) At this point Romeo and Juliet were screaming at us from the grave, were you panicked? Did you read straight through to the end from here unable to put the book down? I was panicked and yes I read the book in 2 days. The first day was from beginning until Alice showed up. I started the next day with this chapter and read until I was done.

5) Tell us your feelings regarding Jacob at the time verses now. Have they change with time to reflect back and additional reading?Yes very much so. I did not like the boy who was trying to take Edwards place. Even after finishing BD the first time it took reading it all again and it wasn't until I got to Jacob's book in BD the second time that I started to like him. I understand him much better now.
Wolf-Girl90
Has Caught Sight of Edward

Post by Wolf-Girl90 »

1) Have you ever had two friends who hated each other? Did you feel the pressure to choose or take sides?
Yes, but I alwyas knew the answer. Everyone always does. It's hurting someone, that's the problem!

2) We have had those moments in our life like Bella, where we are faced with the opportunity to bring a friendship to a new level. Did you act on that moment, how did it turn out for you? Or did you let it pass, like Bella did? Did you end up regretting not taking action?
Yes, everyone has that oppurtunity and I've had it more than once. I always took the risk and in some circumstances it paid off. I decided it'd hurt more wondering what could have been.

3) We all act differently to crisis. In this case Bella was focused on saving Edward from himself, and didn't dwell on the coming danger to herself. Describe a time in your life that you acted for another's safety with out caring for your own.
A few months ago I was walking with my sister through a field when a bull started to charge. She was only small so I ran and threw her over a fence before myself. We both made it over, but it was close. It was a strange feeling, like I didn't care about myself at all, not in the slightest! She just had to be safe.

4) At this point Romeo and Juliet were screaming at us from the grave, were you panicked? Did you read straight through to the end from here unable to put the book down?
No actually! I should've but I decided to savour the story a bit!

5) Tell us your feelings regarding Jacob at the time verses now. Have they change with time to reflect back and additional reading?
I always liked Jacob. The first time I read New Moon I just skimmed through it, all I wanted was for Edward to return but when I read ti for the second time I focussed on Jacob more and realised how much I loved his character! I loved him form the beginning!

xoxo
J<3B::Taylor Lautner::Dating Thread::Cymru::Karl = LBF
Banner by ThreeThings
http://-roadkillchic.piczo.com
FrighteninLilMonster
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by FrighteninLilMonster »

Yes, and yes.

I let it pass. I regretted it, and so the next time it came along, I tried to get up the courage... And had it thrown back in my face. When it came up the third time (all the same boy) I threw it with a vengeance. It turns out I was right the first time to let it pass, and don't regret THAT any longer.

I stopped someone being beat up once, though I was likely to be outnumbered. It was a little kid being ganged up on by older boys, and I jumped in without stopping to think of who else the boys had around them. I doubt it would have been life threatening or anything, but it's the thought that counts I guess.

I pretty much did that with the entire series, read them back to back in 5 days straight. This part of the book was no different, I refused point blank to put it down.

5) Tell us your feelings regarding Jacob at the time verses now. Have they changed with time to reflect back and additional reading?
I guess I feel sorry for him now, when I didn't then. Now I appreciate how hard it was for him to let her go off to her death... Then I was much more interested in telling Jacob to go wolfsplode somewhere else 'cause Bella and Alice had BUSINESS.
'Out of nowhere, she was perched on Jasper's back, her lips at his neck.
Jasper chuckled, shaking his head.
"You truly are one frightening little monster."'
~APPC~
you.are.my.heroin

Post by you.are.my.heroin »

Oh yeah, and yeah they always aske me why I'm firends with the other person.

I've never had a moment like that.

I always look out for my friedns before acting to help myself but no spacific example comes to mind.

I was so scared that they would both die, and yeah I read it till the end.

Nope I still love love love Jacob
**Kathryn**
misskiley

Post by misskiley »

Whenever there is a fight between good friends, they always want you to see their side and take it too. I don't believe people should do that.. they should let people make their own opinions.

You always think "what if". Sometimes the grass isn't always greener on the other side.

I got into a pretty bad accident two years ago. It was snowy out and my truck lost control. In almost every situation that their is pain or something is going wrong, I close my eyes and block it out. When the truck started to roll, I instinctively covered my eyes. It felt like we were going in slow motion and I had two kids in the truck next to me. I opened my eyes back up and threw my hands over the kids.. even though they were in carseats securely, I just felt a need to cover them and protect them while we rolled. After we stopped rolling, I jumped out my window (upon rolling all the windows broke out and the door was stuck closed) and got to their side to get them out and make sure they were alright. Luckily, we were all fine and nobody was hurt.

The first time I read it.. yes!! How could you not. It was a race to save Edward.. But now I'm re-reading it and after each chapter filling in these questions about how I felt the first time and rereading it.

I just thought he was the sweetest and happy go lucky guy. Now,.. he has more depth and feelings. Reading about him pleading with her not to go to Italy was heart wrenching.. and the almost kiss in the kitchen? HOT!
April Allen
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by April Allen »

Kinda. And yes, I felt the pressure! But it was a long time ago.

I had the opportunity and I let it pass. I don't regret it.

I'm not sure I remember something like that, but as Bella, I wasn't thinking on her safety at all. I was just thinking: Oh my God we're gonna see Edward in a few more pages! I was all nerves.

Yessssssss! I started reading New Moon in a Saturday night, and went to sleep when Edward left. So I cried a lot before falling asleep. And the next day, from the moment I opened my eyes, I started reading. I finished New Moon that night.

When I first read New Moon I didn't like Jacob at all. I was desperate to find Edward. When I read New Moon again, I learnt to know Jacob better. I like him now :)
"Oh, I'm with the vampires, of course." - Bella Swan
Brienna
Has Caught Sight of Edward

Post by Brienna »

Yes, but I made it clear to them I wasn't going to chose. The problems they have, are their problem, not mine. So I didn't want either of them to talk about it at all.

I let it pass, which I don't regret. I had a boyfriend at the time, so it wouldn't have been a good action.

Nothing comes to mind.

I wasn't really panicked, I was a bit nervous, but, I already knew there were two more books to come, so why panic?

My feelings didn't change at this point.
Gochiruzeru

Post by Gochiruzeru »

No, I don't think I've ever had that... But I'm sure I would feel that sort of pressure.

I don't think I was ever in a moment like Bella's, so I can't say.

Hmm... I don't have many examples, but the only one I can think of is the time when my cat jumped out the window, and I ran outside in the cold in summer pajamas to get him back inside. He's an indoor cat, you see. Neither of us were in any real danger, but I dropped what I was doing to make sure that he didn't get away, LOL. I love my Sidney.

I would have, if it wasn't for the fact that I was reading at school, and had to put the book down at the end of study hall.

I'm not really sure what the question is... So I'll just say that I really, really like Jacob.
Tornado
Member: LaPush Cliff Diving Team

Post by Tornado »

Yes. There was definitely pressure to take sides.

Yes. It turned out fine. I married him.

I have never been in that situation.

No, I was pretty sure everyone would survive! I knew there was a third book!

My feelings for Jacob remained pretty much the same all through the book. He's a kid going through hard stuff and trying to cope with it all. I was grateful for his action here, because of the reaction it brought about from Bella.