Chapter 14 ~ Family

A Chapter by Chapter Discussion of New Moon

Moderators: December, Bronze Haired Girl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Mrs.Mylifenow,Cullen
Learning to Love Green
Location: In our cottage with Edward "baking", wile Esme babysits Carlie.

Re: Chapter 14 ~ Family

Post by Mrs.Mylifenow,Cullen »

1. What was your reaction to Jacob and Paul fighting as wolves?

I was mostly surprised that he could phase into a wolf that fast, I thought that it was going to be painful and it would take at least a couple of minutes to be able to be a full wolf. But I was surprised mostly that they fought each other, I didn't expect it at all. Or that Paul would go after Bella like that.

2. What was your first reaction to Emily? Did you instantly like her? Did you think she and Bella would get along?

I liked her because if she could laugh at the Wolf girl crack then she was open minded and friendly at that so I knew I would like her since then and that Bella and her would get along really well after all as Bella said she was part a wolf girl too since she cared for her friend Jacob.

3. What was your reaction to the abilities that the wolves seemed to possess that were uncovered in this chapter - accelerated healing and quick reflexes? Where you worried about them fighting a vampire?

I liked the fact that they were able to heal really fast amazingly fast in fact, and I figured they had to be fast to be able to catch a vampire. As the Cullen's demonstrated in Twilight they are incredibly fast enough too fast for human eyes so the wolves had to match that and strength for them is physical and in numbers too.

4. How did you feel about Jacob and Bella's relationship at this point?

I liked Jacob I didn't want Bella to fall for him but I liked him as a really good Best friend thats all.

5. What are your thoughts and feelings on Bella's conclusion that she would love Edward even if he was the vampire who was killing innocent hikers/people?

I felt the same way she did, What can I say love makes us accept things that if otherwise we would never think that we can forgive or live with. So I thought that she was right to think the way she did I would accept Edward with all his faults too.
Banner by "'twahy-lahyt'" aka Shel!
Thanks Shel your amazing!!!
lunamia
Wandering Through Town

Post by lunamia »

At first, my reaction was like Bella "Isn't anybody going to stop them!?" but then when no one was scared or nervous or anything, I thought, oh well it must be nothing then.

2. What was your first reaction to Emily? Did you instantly like her? Did you think she and Bella would get along?
Umm..like her is not the word I would use. I am pretty indifferent to her character. 3. What was your reaction to the abilities that the wolves seemed to possess that were uncovered in this chapter - accelerated healing and quick reflexes? Where you worried about them fighting a vampire?
Cool abilities. Would still rather be a vampire though. And no I wasn't worried about them fighting vampires. Obviously they have a chance of winning, otherwise they would not be enemies.

Conflicted. I like Jacob, he is a sweet guy. But I like him for Bella as a friend and a friend only.

5. What are your thoughts and feelings on Bella's conclusion that she would love Edward even if he was the vampire who was killing innocent hikers/people?
I can't say that I blame her. Edward and Bella have such a strong bond that honestly nothing would matter to either of them.
debussygirl
Joining the Hunt for Enemies

Post by debussygirl »

1. What was your reaction to Jacob and Paul fighting as wolves? I didn't care who won.

2. What was your first reaction to Emily? Did you instantly like her? Did you think she and Bella would get along? I liked her pretty much right away. She was very warm.

3. What was your reaction to the abilities that the wolves seemed to possess that were uncovered in this chapter - accelerated healing and quick reflexes? Where you worried about them fighting a vampire? I wasn't worried about them fighting vampires, because of their quick ability to heal and they were obviously tough.

4. How did you feel about Jacob and Bella's relationship at this point? I didn't like where it was going.

5. What are your thoughts and feelings on Bella's conclusion that she would love Edward even if he was the vampire who was killing innocent hikers/people? I knew that Edward wasn't the one doing that, so it made sense to me.
Team Edward&Esme~SBS Assistant 2 the Cobosses~APPC
St Cullens Head of Neurology~Tetrarch
Need something to read? Try http://www.jennacooper.com
best_beating_heart
Frozen in Time

Post by best_beating_heart »

i was like 'go jacob! go! beat his butt!' haha lol. no honestly i was like, 'so bella knows. who cares?' (plus the whole Jared and Embry thing afterwards was hilarious.)

poor emily but yeah, instantly i was like i can tell shes nice. i did think theyd get along.

3. What was your reaction to the abilities that the wolves seemed to possess that were uncovered in this chapter - accelerated healing and quick reflexes? Where you worried about them fighting a vampire?
not just the vampires have cool powers. lol. no, not really. i mean, sure theyd get hurt but they can take care of themselves, like they did with Laurent

i was thinking, 'bella make up your mind already'. i think it was kinda selfish that she just had him in the beginning there so she wouldnt feel lonely.

i just think it shows if you really love someone, youll love them no matter what, no matter their faults.

TM~Maria Dina Corozzo
Teams:Alice, Emmett, Esme, Renesmee, Volturi~Athenodora, JCA~Aubrey Santi~SC
sarah!
Digging the Castle Motif
Location: Tieing Derek in thunderball, having poke wars with Logan, and woiloping with sam!

Post by sarah! »

~ I was afraid they would get hurt.
~I felt so bad for her. I felt compassion towards her and I figured they would get along.
~i was suprised! i still knew a vampire could beat a werewolf though.
~it was progressing at a different rate.
~ it shows that you love someone even their flaws included.
ImageImage
BLF-Logan, Twinny-Chels, Jell-o! My Twi-guys-Derek and Logs, Lemur 4 LIFE!
alice_is_my_homegirl
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by alice_is_my_homegirl »

1. What was your reaction to Jacob and Paul fighting as wolves? I was scared for Jacob's safety.

2. What was your first reaction to Emily? Did you instantly like her? Did you think she and Bella would get along? I thought that she was soooo nice, and I liked her right away. I thought that they would get along.

3. What was your reaction to the abilities that the wolves seemed to possess that were uncovered in this chapter - accelerated healing and quick reflexes? Where you worried about them fighting a vampire? I was surprised that they had special powers, so I wasn't worried about them fighting vampires.

4. How did you feel about Jacob and Bella's relationship at this point? They are getting in deeper with each other's feelings.

5. What are your thoughts and feelings on Bella's conclusion that she would love Edward even if he was the vampire who was killing innocent hikers/people? I wasn't surprised because love knows no boundries.
Team Edward: Bringing Sexy Back Since 1901!
addictedbooklover
Has Caught Sight of Edward

Post by addictedbooklover »

Yay! Some action! Go Jacob!

I liked Emily at first, but after hearing Leah's story...

I thought 'cool! The wolves get some super-human abilities as well!' I wasn't really thinking about vampires.

I was hoping Edward wouldn't come back. Sadly, he did...

Silly Bella, she thinks the world revolves around Edward.

Team Jacethper! (Jacob, Seth and Jasper) Now, to fit Leah in there...

Thanks Cocoa for the banner :D

yanjan3
Finding a Nice Guy for Angela
Location: Happily moving to a world where Humans, Vamps and Werewolves get along...

Post by yanjan3 »

> Go get 'em Jacob! I love fight scenes!

> OMJB! Poor Emily (cuz of her scars).. Yes I liked her, she's a very motherly figure. Yes, I thought she and Bella would get along nicely..

> Cool! Werewolves are awesome!
No I didn't worry, but I think they need each other to fight vampires.

> Very close.. warm and cozy.. fun and effortless...

> Well, that's love!
ImageImage
"I rate hot guys from 1 to RobPattinson".
sazykid

Post by sazykid »

At first I was worried about someone getting hurt because Paul seemed pretty upset. But, when the other guys didn't seemed bothered by the fight I figured it was fine.

I didn't know what to make of Emily at first. When she started talking to Bella she seemed a little like she was stuck up. But, when Bella made the comment about her being the "wolf girl" and Emily laughed I thought they would probably get along.

I thought their abilities were pretty cool. Healing instantly would be very helpful for anyone lol. I was a little worried about them fighting vampires, but it seems like they'd be pretty evenly matched. Vampires are pretty much unable to be harmed, are strong and are extremely fast. Warewolves heal quickly, are strong and fast. Seems pretty even to me.

I was happy that Bella had found Jacob to take her mind off Edward. If things had continued down this path I could have definetly seen Jake and Bella being together in end. Obviously I sitll wanted Bella to be with Edward, but I was glad she had Jake for a friend.

I can't say I was surprised. She loved him even though he was a vampire and before she knew he didn't kill people. When you love someone the way Bella loves Edward you could see past every flaw they have.
scarlet_forever

Post by scarlet_forever »

I thought it was cool that they would show this. Gives us a good visual of how dangerous they can be.

She reminded me alot of Esme in personality. I did like her...seems like she's been through alot, but later on down the road seems her story is a tid bit complicated. :shock:

I actually was worried for them, for some reason I would still think the vampires would win even w/ the quick healing.

There relationship is just weird. Bella is emotionally unstable even w/ Jacob in my opinion.

Thats love. Like she said it's irrational, bizarre, passionate...and just that LOVE. I do think love overides your mind sometime. I like later on when she is comparing Romeo and Juliet. What would it be if she married the other guy....think we all knew or had some kind of premonition that edward would be back soon... :D
Xx~Scarlet_forever~xX

*~* Do you think that I could be scary?*~*
*~* What if I'm not a superhero? What if I'm the bad guy?*~*
*~* As long as I'm going to hell, I migh as well do it thoroughly*~*
*~* You smell so good in the rain*~*