A Chapter by Chapter Discussion of New Moon

Moderators: December, Bronze Haired Girl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
flo1190
Settled in Forks

Re: Chapter 11 ~ Cult

Post by flo1190 »

1.he had no right to ignore her. he knew how much bella needed him. yet still he abandoned her. he must have realised how hurt bella would have been

2. i hated the new jacob (but loved the hair). i never found him frightening because essentially he was still jacob. he's so irritating though. did he have bellas intrests in mind? yes. but i dnt think that was all there was to it. i think it also had to do with the fact that he had fallen in love with her.

3. bella was never playing jacob. she made it clear throughout that there never would be more than friendship. i dont think billy really thought that, but was mainly using it as an excuse to charlie.
yes, she used the term 'breaking up' but jacob knew how she meant it.

4. What did you think the sound was tapping at Bella's window at the end of the chapter. Did you think it was Jacob... or Edward... or Victoria... or someone else all together
i cant really remember thinking it was one specific person. i knew it wasnt victoria, or edward....i dunno :S
Team Emmett! Stronger than you since 1915.
so the lion fell in love with the lamb
"Alice sees him falling for a human. How classically Edward!"
April Allen
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by April Allen »

1. Bella called and called Jacob to try to find out what was wrong. Do you think it was the right thing for him to try to just ignore her and move on? Or do you think Jacob should have tried to get a message to her sooner?
Well, I was beginning to feel bad for Bella. Jacob was the only thing that she had left. And now he was avoiding her? I was pretty mad at him.

2. What was your first impression of the "new" Jacob with his short hair and larger frame? Did you think he was frightening? Di you think he really had Bella's best interest in mind?
Yeah, he was a little frightening.

3. Billy accuses Bella of leading Jacob on. Bella herself uses the term "breaking up" to refer to the end of her relationship with Jacob. Do you agree with Billy that Bella was playing Jacob, or do you think she was sincere in her feelings?
A little bit of both. Jacob was her only way of feeling better, but she truly cared about him.

4. What did you think the sound was tapping at Bella's window at the end of the chapter. Did you think it was Jacob... or Edward... or Victoria... or someone else all together?
I thought it was Victoria. That's what Bella thought.
"Oh, I'm with the vampires, of course." - Bella Swan
misskiley
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by misskiley »

1. Bella called and called Jacob to try to find out what was wrong. Do you think it was the right thing for him to try to just ignore her and move on? Or do you think Jacob should have tried to get a message to her sooner?
Jacob had to realize that Bella wouldn't just sit around and wait for him to get a hold of her.. he should have known she'd go there.

2. What was your first impression of the "new" Jacob with his short hair and larger frame? Did you think he was frightening? Di you think he really had Bella's best interest in mind?
No,.. there was obviously something going on. I just thought he'd been working out and what not.

3. Billy accuses Bella of leading Jacob on. Bella herself uses the term "breaking up" to refer to the end of her relationship with Jacob. Do you agree with Billy that Bella was playing Jacob, or do you think she was sincere in her feelings?

Kind of both actually. She always spoke the truth to Jacob, but did make it clear she didn't want to date. But doing things like holding hands and having his arm around here are definitely going to send mixed signals.

4. What did you think the sound was tapping at Bella's window at the end of the chapter. Did you think it was Jacob... or Edward... or Victoria... or someone else all together?
When I read it,.. it sounded scary so I almost assumed it was Victoria. Kinda like a "what else could go wrong" situation lol Plus I'd been waiting for her to show up since the meadow chapter.
Timothy
Learning to Love Green

Post by Timothy »

Bella was going to find out what was going on sooner or later. Jacob should've known that. He knows how stubborn she is.

Well, I had seen the New Moon trailer, so I knew he was a wolf.

I think Bella was unintentionally leading him. She made her feelings clear that friends would be the most they could be, but holding hands probably did send mixed signals to Jacob. Believing that Bella might feel more for him than she realized.

I thought it was Victoria for sure. I definitely felt that Bella was in danger.

Death is peaceful, easy. Life is harder.
Brienna
Has Caught Sight of Edward

Post by Brienna »

I think Jacob believed that she was totally on the Cullen's side (which she was!). So I could understand that he would not want any contact with her. But I also thought it was mean. He had just promised her never to hurt her and immediately, he does just that.

No, I didn't think he was frightening. At this point, I was only mad at him for hurting Bella.

She was sincere. She absolutely felt it possible to have a future with Jacob, IF Edward would never return. She's trying to move on.

I supposed it was Victoria.
Gochiruzeru
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by Gochiruzeru »

No. I think that after all that they've been through, Bella deserved an explanation -- especially when she had already been abandoned by someone she loved.

I didn't find him frightening, and I didn't think he really had her best interest in mind, either... I think that his short hair was a choice, and the larger frame was something he couldn't help. That being said, I did miss the old Jacob.

I think she was sincere. Though she was leading him on a bit, she really did care about him as a friend.

Actually, I had no clue...
Tornado
Member: LaPush Cliff Diving Team

Post by Tornado »

I think he was in the middle of coping with an appallingly difficult situation and he was trying to work his way through it. I don't think he could have done anything else at this point. It was all too confusing for him.

I thought he was bitter, but I knew why, so I felt it was a natural response for him to have.

I don't think Billy thought that for a moment. He just had to explain the situation to Charlie somehow, and he couldn't very well say, "Well, Jake can't spend time with Bella anymore because he might phase into a werewolf and hurt her." The "leading on" was the simplest explanation, and probably the only thing he could think of.

I hoped it was Edward, realised it probably wasn't. Guessed it was Jacob.
Edwards Ragazza
Officially Bitten!

Post by Edwards Ragazza »

I don't think it was right. I thought it was rude and he should've at least picked up the phone and faced her that way vs. ignoring because he was bound to have to face her eventually.

No I pictured him kinda clean cut and preppy by having short hair. I didn't just because of how he was talking to her however, we do get a glimpse that he sees he is hurting her.

I guess Billy must've been ease dropping and used that for Charlie.Bella had feelings for Jacob but it was no way as powerful as how she felt for Edward. Yes she loved Jacob but as anyone who has a best friend who you feel comfortable to be around. Definitely wasn't the same love category that Edward was in.

Banner by TammyAZ