A Chapter by Chapter Discussion of New Moon

Moderators: December, Bronze Haired Girl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
lunamia
Wandering Through Town

Re: Chapter 10 ~ The Meadow

Post by lunamia »

1. What did you think was wrong with Jacob? Were you as suspicious as Bella about his illness?
At first I thought that he had the same thing as Mike, but when he didn't get better then yea I knew something was up. And I knew it had to be related to Sam.

2. When Laurent appeared out of the trees did you also think like Bella, that it was Edward?
No, (i hoped it would be Edward but nope). I thought maybe it would be Alice?

3. When the wolves came out of the forest what were your thoughts? When one of them looked at Bella, did you suspect it was Jacob or that Edward was involved somehow?
By this point I knew it was Jacob.

4. At this point in the story did you already suspect that Jacob was a werewolf?
Yep. It only took me half the book but I finally got it LOL.

5. Did you think that now that Victoria was hunting Bella that Edward and the Cullens would come back?
I just wanted Edward back. That is all I can remember from the first time I read the book, if that meant that Victoria was back and hunting Bella, so be it. And I missed the rest of the Cullens too.
debussygirl
Joining the Hunt for Enemies

Post by debussygirl »

1. What did you think was wrong with Jacob? Were you as suspicious as Bella about his illness? I was just as suspicious, but I figured out pretty early what it was.

2. When Laurent appeared out of the trees did you also think like Bella, that it was Edward? For a moment, yes.

3. When the wolves came out of the forest what were your thoughts? When one of them looked at Bella, did you suspect it was Jacob or that Edward was involved somehow? When I saw the wolves is when I knew that Jacob was one of them and that he was a werewolf, like the legend said. I didn't think that Edward was involved though,

4. At this point in the story did you already suspect that Jacob was a werewolf? Yes.

5. Did you think that now that Victoria was hunting Bella that Edward and the Cullens would come back? I always hoped that it would happen.
Team Edward&Esme~SBS Assistant 2 the Cobosses~APPC
St Cullens Head of Neurology~Tetrarch
Need something to read? Try http://www.jennacooper.com
ihadanEdwardRush
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by ihadanEdwardRush »

Alphie wrote:These questions were prepared by ECABS.

1. What did you think was wrong with Jacob? Were you as suspicious as Bella about his illness?

2. When Laurent appeared out of the trees did you also think like Bella, that it was Edward?

3. When the wolves came out of the forest what were your thoughts? When one of them looked at Bella, did you suspect it was Jacob or that Edward was involved somehow?

4. At this point in the story did you already suspect that Jacob was a werewolf?

5. Did you think that now that Victoria was hunting Bella that Edward and the Cullens would come back?
ANSWERS:
1. When I sensed that there's something wrong with Jacob, I initially thought of him falling in love already with Bella, and it's a good thing that he should not see her for a while.

2.One of my favorite parts of the book. The confrontation-thing between Bella and Laurent. No, I didn't think it was Edward.

3. Oh cool, when the wolves came out, I thought "Yeah, there's something around here," and thought of Jacob already. SM wouldn't emphasize such scenes if it wasn't connected with the future ones.

4. VERY, indeed, suspected Jacob was a werewolf.

5. Yes, i thought of that. Don't underestimate Alice. She would help Bella if she sees that there's something wrong with her.
Banner by the fabulous MISTY!!! (yeah she rules!)
A proud part of the Gen Y Lexily! <3 my lexlings
sarah!
Digging the Castle Motif
Location: Tieing Derek in thunderball, having poke wars with Logan, and woiloping with sam!

Post by sarah! »

~ i was very suspicious.
~i was hoping that it was.
~i suspected that Jacob was the reddish-brown wolf that winked at her. i knew that Edward would have nothing to do with it.
~yes yes yes.
~i pondered that for a good 50 pages or so.
ImageImage
BLF-Logan, Twinny-Chels, Jell-o! My Twi-guys-Derek and Logs, Lemur 4 LIFE!
SarahGoddard
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by SarahGoddard »

I sort of worked out he was a werewolf so realised it might be something like tht
I did for a second and was GUTTED when it wasnt - I still hadnt got over the fact that hes left :(
I dont think I thought Edward was involved - I knew one of them had to be Jacob and when the reddish-brown one looked at her I realised it must have been him. Also see below...
I sort of worked it out from Bellas dream in Twilight and Jacobs stories - I could see it coming. Also at the beginning of New Moon when Sam and the others find Bella in the words she says something along the lines of she could hear "snuffling - like an animal"
errrm. I dont think I did no. I knew the Cullens would have to come back at some point though otherwise where was the story?

~1/2 of the infamous Snowgod~
Sarah just needs her Lexily to get her through the day.
Left her ♥ on the Gen Y thread, Rockin' the 3rd person!
:mrgreen:
alice_is_my_homegirl
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by alice_is_my_homegirl »

1. What did you think was wrong with Jacob? Were you as suspicious as Bella about his illness? I thought that he was sick, but I, too, knew that it wasn't mono.

2. When Laurent appeared out of the trees did you also think like Bella, that it was Edward? I hoped. I was wrong. I cried.

3. When the wolves came out of the forest what were your thoughts? When one of them looked at Bella, did you suspect it was Jacob or that Edward was involved somehow? I was scared for Bella, but I did not expect that Jacob was a werewolf.

4. At this point in the story did you already suspect that Jacob was a werewolf? NO!

5. Did you think that now that Victoria was hunting Bella that Edward and the Cullens would come back? YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES!
Team Edward: Bringing Sexy Back Since 1901!
sazykid

Post by sazykid »

At first I sort of thought it was probably the same thing Mike had. But, when the phone lines were supposed to be down and Billy and Jake were so strange on the phone I figured it wasn't mono.

No, I didn't think it was Edward. He said he was leaving, he wouldn't put Bella in a situation where they could run into eachother. Besides, if he had been that close he would have prevented her from doing all the stupid things she had been doing lately.

When they first came out of the woods I was a little bit panicked. I knew at some point there would be warewolves because I had read it on wikipedia at some point. However, I had no idea how big they would be. All I kept thinking was "omg, Bella don't frickin move" I just wanted her to blend into the scenery lol. When the wolf looked at Bella and she immediately thought of Jake, I think I figured it was him.

Like I said, I knew he would be one eventually, but at this point no I didn't know he was a warewolf yet.

I honestly didn't know. I wished Edward would come back, but I wished he would come back the minute he left lol. I can't imagine they would leave her unprotected like that if they knew what was going on. But, since Bella had no way of letting them know, I wasn't sure what would happen. I knew Bella would get through it somehow because there were two more books to read, but I didn't know how it would play out.
scarlet_forever

Post by scarlet_forever »

Yes, I was b/c mentioned previously by Jacob...Embry got sick and was out of school then he joined Sam's gang. I was very suspicious.

Yes, I did. I got so excited only to have my little bubble burst. lol.

I immediately thought this was Jacob. She said the eyes looked different someone.

Yes, I did.

Yes, I thought that if Alice saw this, they would at least have to come back and protect Bella. I wouldn't think Edward would be able to resist.

**I really thought Edward was back when he said i think 'don't move an inch' or something like that. I thought that wasn't the voice in Bella's head. :cry:
Xx~Scarlet_forever~xX

*~* Do you think that I could be scary?*~*
*~* What if I'm not a superhero? What if I'm the bad guy?*~*
*~* As long as I'm going to hell, I migh as well do it thoroughly*~*
*~* You smell so good in the rain*~*
pennybug84
Protector of Jacob's Honor

Post by pennybug84 »

1. What did you think was wrong with Jacob? Were you as suspicious as Bella about his illness? I wasn't sure what was going on but I was very suspicious

2. When Laurent appeared out of the trees did you also think like Bella, that it was Edward? wasn't sure who it was, but no I didn't think Edward.

3. When the wolves came out of the forest what were your thoughts? When one of them looked at Bella, did you suspect it was Jacob or that Edward was involved somehow? I just thought okay this is an interesting developement I really had no idea. didn't expect either (I had only read Twilight once....)

4. At this point in the story did you already suspect that Jacob was a werewolf? nope

5. Did you think that now that Victoria was hunting Bella that Edward and the Cullens would come back? nope, how would they know or suspect she was hunting Bella?
"She doesn't know what she wants" - Jacob Black "Yeah she does!" - Rob Pattinson
futurevampire
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by futurevampire »

I thought..uh...I don't remember what I thought. I probably didn't care and wanted Edward to come back.
Yes!! I was excited I was like YES HE'S HERE!!!! and it broke my heart when it was Laurent instead. I hated him for not being Edward.
I had a theory about how Edward and the Cullens were related to the stuff going on in the woods with the wolves..I don't remember the specifics, but I wished they were still around.
I was catching on to the werewolf thing by then, I'm not really sure when it finally clicked, but it was somewhere around here. I knew before Bella did.

Oh, whoops, I was just answering that.. :lol: Yeah, I don't remember, but it was somewhere around here I was putting stuff together, and there were already vampires that didn't exactly follow classical vampire legends, so I had probably just figured it was something along those lines, even without the full moon thing.
Yeah..I was very stubborn about them coming back throughout the whole book. It was 'Now he's back!!' 'No he's not..dang.' Repeat about 20 times.
Edward and Bella Forever!!!<3 :: Lexicalia :: Team Esme!
Mafia: Natalia Gravano/Nat :: I'm on The List!! ~Marisa