A Chapter by Chapter Discussion of New Moon

Moderators: December, Bronze Haired Girl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Chocolatebrowneyes
Buying a Better Raincoat

Re: Chapter 8 ~ Adrenaline

Post by Chocolatebrowneyes »

1.) Knowing how Bella reacted in chapter five of Twilight to blood, were you surprised when Bella didn't react all that much to the blood?

yeah actually I thought she could smell it and what not...

2.) What did you think about the mention of the bears? Did you consider that it might play a future role in the book or did you not think anything of it?

I was like ok what's going on?

3.) What was your opinion of the La Push guys at this point in the story?

They are werewolfs...crazy friggin werewolfs LOL :lol:

4.) How did you feel about Bella looking for the meadow with Jacob?

One of the many wrong things Bella does to Jake, *sigh*
"Why won't you leave me alone?"
Believe me,I wanted to say. I've tried.
Oh, and also, I'm wretchedly in love with you.
Keep it light.

ImageImageImageImage
Elisabeth33
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by Elisabeth33 »

1.) Knowing how Bella reacted in chapter five of Twilight to blood, were you surprised when Bella didn't react all that much to the blood?
Yes I was surprised.

2.) What did you think about the mention of the bears? Did you consider that it might play a future role in the book or did you not think anything of it?
I still wasn't making a lot of it, but I was wondering why they were being mentioned so much.

Like Bella says, I thought they were annoyingly goody two shoes for a gang.

I didn't like this, Bella freaked out a little when she went to the Cullen's house, the meadow had even more meaning to her.
twilight_fanpire
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by twilight_fanpire »

Yes I was really surprised. She has always been so afraid of blood and here it didn't really seem to affect her. I guess she was really distracted

Not really. I didn't think much of it. I think that I didn't pay attention to it because I was thinking more along the lines of "when is Edward coming back!?" haha

I thought that they were an annoying gang but I had a feeling they were going to play an important part in the book.

I really didn't like how she was looking for it, especially with Jake. She knew that it would probably effect her alot and she wasn't being fair to Jake by going here with him.
Bulldozer Trainee in EDC,Inc.
"And so the lion fell in love with the lamb.." <3 E<3B
FoundMyEdward0510
Settled in Forks

Post by FoundMyEdward0510 »

I thought it was odd, but she had lost so much of herself when he left that it made sense for every little thing to be different.

I knew it would. Stephanie never writes repatitve things, or writes even small tidbits without meaning. I just didn't realize it would play as large of a role as it did. I would've changed Bella and Jacob's confrontation very different when she thinks he's a murdurer and he thinks she is terrified of him.

I HATED THEM!!! I felt protective of Jacob! He was the only person in the world that could help Bella and make her feel 25% human instead of 20%, and he was going to be taken from her to. How much could this girl be expected to be put through??

That was just not cool of Bella. If she wanted to go, she should have gone without Jacob. It was very obvious that he loved her as more than a friend, and it would have hurt him if he knew how much she hung on to him.
Tinkerbell 31
Wandering Through Town

Post by Tinkerbell 31 »

yeah at first i was surprised but i guess hanging around vampires that long made a stronger stomach

that it was kind of scary about the bears i thought it would play some what of a role in the book

i didnt really like them

it felt kind of weird because it wasent special like it was with edward
Forever_Twilight
Wandering Through Town
Location: Running as fast as I can with Edward and the Cullens on a cloudy day in Arizona

Post by Forever_Twilight »

Actually, no. She was pretty satisfied by hearing Edward's voice that she really didn't care that blood was gushing out of her head.

Since the "bears" were really a big worry around Forks, I knew something was going to tie in with Bella, Jacob, or the Cullens in some way.

I considered them like a bunch of guys trying to find something to do in little La Push. From Jacob, they didn't sound like they were bad in anyway except with Sam looking at Jacob strangely; then I was wondering what was up but not with the others.

I didn't want her to look with Jacob, honestly. =( I always thought the Meadow to be just Bella and Edward's secret place together. Thankfully they didn't go but still, I got upset that she wanted to go there with Jacob. =/
<3 I've been Vamped by Edward Cullen ~ Followed by Emmett and Jasper <3
natterss707
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by natterss707 »

Yeah I was pretty surprised, but things change under different circumstances so it wasn't something I really was too surprised of.

I knew something was going to happen but I wasn't sure what at all at this point. Just theories about vampires.

I was a little curious about the "gang" but I liked Jacob's then friends.

I didn't like that idea at all. The meadow was Bella and Edward's place and I was actually really pissed that she even thought of the idea for Jacob to go there with her. I was really upset about it for a while. Thank god they didn't find it though.
made by Ostentatious6277 @ Vesperarium
Credit fallingbeauty@Vesperarium for avatar.
xox-hannar-xox
Settled in Forks

Post by xox-hannar-xox »

At first I didn't think about it but now that I have Yes I'm suprised in that we should have expected her to react in the same way as before as it was such a violent reaction and no I'm not because in the moment she was preocupied distracted by the voice also as we know she is accident prone and its likely due to her tripping up that she bleeds alot which shes probably used to it by now and perhaps it is only other peoples blood which has an effect on her as it is the smell not the sight which makes her faint

Yeah it annoyed me so much :x I kind of guessed the plot line for Jacob in Twilight when he mentions that the Quileute tribe was decended from wolves and then when the large bear was first mentioned I was certain and so I was really frustrated throughout most of New Moon that Bella couldn't see this!

I guessed that they were werewolves (especially as Sam found Bella in the woods so quickly) but I still thought that they were a bit dodgy at this stage

I thought that it was really wrong of Bella to do that it was Edwards special place and it was a place where she and him had a strong connection it was clearly a bad idea to go there when she wasn't going to find him there for her own mental health and bringing Jacob to find a spot where she wanted to feel closer to Edward despite jacob being in love with her was just selfish and cruel to him
navarre
Finding Stuff in Billy's Trunk

Post by navarre »

Alphie wrote:These questions were supplied by Taxi.

1) A little, but I think she really understood how to protect herself from the fainting by not breathing. It was not so much the sight of blood as it was the smell of it.

2)I didn't.

3) I really did not have an opinion of them at this point.

4) I understood why. She needed her delusions and Jacobs company and expertise in hiking at the same time.
Paranormal/Romance/Adventure Addict
Mrs.Mylifenow,Cullen
Learning to Love Green
Location: In our cottage with Edward "baking", wile Esme babysits Carlie.

Post by Mrs.Mylifenow,Cullen »

Yes I was because she could smell the blood right away in Twilight and here she didn't notice the blood until Jacob said she was bleeding and she said she felt wet and sticky and she could smell the the mooss more than the blood.

I thought there was something to it but I didn't think that it was going to be all that important.

That they were just some random Rez guys that they liked extreme sports and to have a nice safe place to live, I thought that there was something weird with Embry becoming part of their "gang" but I didn't think that it was something too serious.

I knew that she needed his company for so many reasons one of them was that she was going to get lost if she tried it alone, two he was her friend, and three she needed that peace that Jacobs presence provided constantly.
Banner by "'twahy-lahyt'" aka Shel!
Thanks Shel your amazing!!!