A Chapter by Chapter Discussion of New Moon

Moderators: December, Bronze Haired Girl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
addictedbooklover
Has Caught Sight of Edward

Re: Chapter 8 ~ Adrenaline

Post by addictedbooklover »

1.) Knowing how Bella reacted in chapter five of Twilight to blood, were you surprised when Bella didn't react all that much to the blood?
I didn't think she'd mind her own blood too much, like me.

2.) What did you think about the mention of the bears? Did you consider that it might play a future role in the book or did you not think anything of it?
I just thought it was one of those trivial bits of information... :lol:

3.) What was your opinion of the La Push guys at this point in the story?
It was so long ago that I read New Moon for the first time, I can't remember.

4.) How did you feel about Bella looking for the meadow with Jacob?
I thought it was kind of weird, because it hurt her to be reminded of Edward, and yet she goes looking for memories of him with Jacob. Jacob???

Team Jacethper! (Jacob, Seth and Jasper) Now, to fit Leah in there...

Thanks Cocoa for the banner :D

yanjan3
Finding a Nice Guy for Angela
Location: Happily moving to a world where Humans, Vamps and Werewolves get along...

Post by yanjan3 »

1.) Knowing how Bella reacted in chapter five of Twilight to blood, were you surprised when Bella didn't react all that much to the blood?
> She was too busy obsessing about Edward's voice... figures!

2.) What did you think about the mention of the bears? Did you consider that it might play a future role in the book or did you not think anything of it?
> Nah, didn't really think about it that much...

> Sam's 'gang' , ugh, I didn't like them, I thought they were no-good tough guys...

> I didn't get it... I didn't really like the idea, using Jacob to chase Edward memories..
ImageImage
"I rate hot guys from 1 to RobPattinson".
sazykid
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by sazykid »

I wasn't really surprised because Bella is too preoccupied with Edward's voice to really notice the smell of her blood.

Yes, I figured the bears were important. They had been mentioned a few times already so they were obviously important.

When we first meet them, they seem more like some kind of gang. I didn't like them because they had Jake so upset.

I thought that was a mistake. I couldn't figure out why she would put herself through that, first of all. Secondly, taking Jake to her and Edwards special place was kind of mean. Poor Jake is just trying to help Bella and she is taking him to a place that is bound to cause them both pain in this case.
scarlet_forever
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by scarlet_forever »

Yes, I was surprised. I think it has to do w/ that zombie like trance she stays in most of the time...she is better at handling some things now.

I knew these 'bears' were something and I was pretty much positive now that it was associated w/ Jacob Black.

That they were those 'bad bears' lol.

To me, this came across weird. If I was Jacob I would have assumed this had something to do w/ Edward, but he is so nice that he wouldn't say anything...he just likes being w/ Bella. I guess she was hoping he would be there.
Xx~Scarlet_forever~xX

*~* Do you think that I could be scary?*~*
*~* What if I'm not a superhero? What if I'm the bad guy?*~*
*~* As long as I'm going to hell, I migh as well do it thoroughly*~*
*~* You smell so good in the rain*~*
pennybug84
Protector of Jacob's Honor

Post by pennybug84 »

1.) Knowing how Bella reacted in chapter five of Twilight to blood, were you surprised when Bella didn't react all that much to the blood? I was a little surprised.

2.) What did you think about the mention of the bears? Did you consider that it might play a future role in the book or did you not think anything of it? I just figured there were bears because of the Cullens gone & not hunting them. I didn't think about it being a role in the future.

3.) What was your opinion of the La Push guys at this point in the story? I figured they were some psycho no good gang.

4.) How did you feel about Bella looking for the meadow with Jacob? I was a little worried at first that if she found it it would just be more hurtful & cause some bad emtional stuff to happen.
"She doesn't know what she wants" - Jacob Black "Yeah she does!" - Rob Pattinson
futurevampire
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by futurevampire »

Not really, she was concentrating and wasn't even really paying attention, she was just so excited that she had cheated and heard Edward's voice it was like, 'Oh, I'm hurt?? Mm. Whatever. I heard his voice and it's perfect and WHOA...what the heck is going on??' She was just confused and not thinking.
Still reading too fast to catch stuff, but after this many times I probably caught a little bit and was thinking 'Now, what would the bears have to do with Edward coming back soon? He has to come back soon! He has to! Now where is he..??!!'
...Go find Edward and bring him back and stop bugging Jake and give him his friends back and go away.
I wanted to go back to the meadow too, and I wanted to see if she would hear Edward, or if the meadow would still be there or if Edward would be there.
Edward and Bella Forever!!!<3 :: Lexicalia :: Team Esme!
Mafia: Natalia Gravano/Nat :: I'm on The List!! ~Marisa
Jadey
Resisting Temptation With Carlisle

Post by Jadey »

Probably didn't care, cause she got to hear Edward :D
I was just thinking what a stupid bear has to do with anything
I thought they were care free and independent.. but don't really think about consequences.
Annoyed. The meadow is for Bella and Edward only. :evil:
^ by ForJazz
"Theres a lot of like, feminist issues with the book. Like, 'Oh, she's so devoted to him' and well yeah, she's in love with him"
- Kristen Stewart
Dorito
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy

Post by Dorito »

Kinda, or she'd just grown more used to it.

Still thought it was Emmett.

Dorks. Practically cops. More like vigilantes.

Alright. He had no idea of its representation.
I'll be your Edward if you'll be my Bellas
aliacullen
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by aliacullen »

These questions were supplied by Taxi.

yes i was i thought she would freak out

yes i did or it wouldnt been mention so much

i liked them but worried about their behaviour

i didnt like it i dont know why she suggested that
TillyWhitlock
Playing Thunderball
Location: Wandering through the forest hoping to stumble upon Jasper

Post by TillyWhitlock »

I wasn’t entirely surprised that her reaction was different. I think if she had been able to smell the blood then it would have been the same as the reaction in Twilight. However, she thinks clearly before everything gets to her and she does what she needs to do to be able to keep her head on straight.

The bear talk was starting to annoy me. I was so angry that it would be a bear to bring the Cullens back to Forks. The only thing was that Emmett would hear about it and be all for going back to Forks. Plus it would get Edward mad at Emmett and send him searching for Em, and that would bring Edward back. I dunno, just my dream I guess.

Like seriously. Are they all like 7 feet tall? Is that seriously happening to all the boys in town??? I couldn’t believe it.

I was so mad at her at that point. I could not believe she asked him to go looking for the meadow with her. The only thing I can say is that I was happy she didn’t find the meadow with him. That place was completely her and Edward’s I don’t think she should have taken anyone else there with her.
Garage,Bodyguard,APPC,EDC
"Drug" Dealer to THE 6. The price: One bottle of Honey or Syrup.

SarahGoddard~ The Best Lexling ever!
Twi-Twin=Kimmy