A Chapter by Chapter Discussion of New Moon

Moderators: December, Bronze Haired Girl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Brienna
Has Caught Sight of Edward

Re: Chapter 8 ~ Adrenaline

Post by Brienna »

1.) Knowing how Bella reacted in chapter five of Twilight to blood, were you surprised when Bella didn't react all that much to the blood?
Yes! Almost fainting over a little cut in someone's finger, but not responding at all to a big cut in your head? Okay, she didn't smell the blood at first, but still...

2.) What did you think about the mention of the bears? Did you consider that it might play a future role in the book or did you not think anything of it?
By now, I figured the bears were gonna play a role. I thought Bella and Jake might come across one while walking in the forest sometime.

3.) What was your opinion of the La Push guys at this point in the story?
I thought they were protecting their land.

4.) How did you feel about Bella looking for the meadow with Jacob?
I thought it was stupid. I didn't think she would hear Edward's voice there, so why go and hurt yourself more?
Gochiruzeru
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by Gochiruzeru »

1.) Knowing how Bella reacted in chapter five of Twilight to blood, were you surprised when Bella didn't react all that much to the blood?

Somewhat, but considering that she had to breathe through her mouth and pretend that the blood was red paint, I think that she was reacting more than it was said in the book. Plus, she was already so happy from the hallucination she just had, she probably was in too high spirits to even notice the blood.

2.) What did you think about the mention of the bears? Did you consider that it might play a future role in the book or did you not think anything of it?

I know that there's something more to them...

I think they seem like jerks, to be honest. Jacob is cool, though.

I think it had some sort of meaning...She wanted to go to the meadow, the place where she and Edward confessed their love, with Jacob, showing how Jacob is taking on an important role in her life. However, she and Jacob don't actually find the meadow the way she and Edward did, showing that Edward still is more important in her heart than Jacob will ever be.
Tornado
Member: LaPush Cliff Diving Team

Post by Tornado »

Yes. She should have passed out.

I knew it was werewolves.

There was something wolfy going on with them.

I felt really sad for Jacob being used so that Bella could seek out Edward. I didn't think her going there would get her what she wanted, either.
Edwards Ragazza
Officially Bitten!

Post by Edwards Ragazza »

Well Bella did talk herself into thinking it was paint instead of blood. I don't think SM needed to make her almost pass out for us to get the point that blood bothers her. I am glad she didn't go into detail with something we already knew.

Yes but at the time I couldn't understand what.

I kinda had a feeling it might be wolves but wasn't sure.

Bella was desperate to find that spot even if it meant she needed to go with Jacob who was giving her emotional support at a time she needed it most.
Banner by TammyAZ