A Chapter by Chapter Discussion of New Moon

Moderators: December, Bronze Haired Girl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
you.are.my.heroin
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Re: Chapter 6 ~ Friends

Post by you.are.my.heroin »

1) Is Bella the only one affected by the Cullens leaving? How has "nothing changed" in their absence?
Yeah, I mean no one was really friends with them so they didn't really care/were affected by them leaving.

2) Why is the dream different than before? Did Bella's renewed contact with Jacob's family change her perception of Sam Uley? How so and why?
I had no clue why Sam was ther, Bella hadn't found out about Sam stealing Embry yet.

3) Why would Bella not want to be invisible now, when she wanted to be invisible last year?
Beacue she was alone again.

4) How is Charlie affected by this new Bella? Does he perceive how much of it is Jacob's doing?
I think he's scared she'll go back to being all deprest, but he sees that Jake is helping her.

5) This is the second mention of the monstrous black bear. Did you realize at this point that there was more to it than that? What did you think was going on? Did you think it would turn into what it did?
Yes, vampire book=some werewolfs
**Kathryn**
Jazzy'sgirl112108
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by Jazzy'sgirl112108 »

1) Is Bella the only one affected by the Cullens leaving? How has "nothing changed" in their absence?
i think the cullens presense in forks wasnt really a comfortable one for everyone else. no one really cared until they left, and now its too late to change anything.

2) Why is the dream different than before? Did Bella's renewed contact with Jacob's family change her perception of Sam Uley? How so and why?
i think bella's contact with jacob had some kind of connection to sam...strange but interesting... :roll:

3) Why would Bella not want to be invisible now, when she wanted to be invisible last year?
a lot has changed. and even if just a few things had changed it would have gone a long way with bella!

4) How is Charlie affected by this new Bella? Does he perceive how much of it is Jacob's doing?
i think charlie is more comfortable with jacob. maybe a little unsure, but definetly more happy! ... i am too!

5) This is the second mention of the monstrous black bear. Did you realize at this point that there was more to it than that? What did you think was going on? Did you think it would turn into what it did?
i knew this was gonna be a big part of the plot. the whole "giant bear" thing kept popping up everywhere1 (and it was a little annoying!) but i had no clue where it was going so, i kept reading!
Betting on Alice.
April Allen
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by April Allen »

1) Is Bella the only one affected by the Cullens leaving? How has "nothing changed" in their absence?
Well, Bella was the only one really close to them.

I.Don't.Know. She knew so little about Sam yet.

A lot has changed.

OMG I was so sad for Charlie, he had to deal with this zombie-Bella a lot. And of course he perceives what Jacob's doing. He's her father, he knows her. And oh was Charlie happy.

Yep. Werewolves. Yep.
"Oh, I'm with the vampires, of course." - Bella Swan
misskiley

Post by misskiley »

For the most part, yes, Bella is the only one who was affected by the Cullens leaving. Obviously the hospital suffered and the La Push people were happy.. I was somewhat confused by Bella agreeing that not much has changed since the first day she started there. A LOT for her changed. Unless she meant the other students.. they still act the same. None of them were affected by the Cullens because noone of them were friends or really paid attention to them. In Twilight, when Edward saved Bella from getting smashed, she realized that she was the only one who ever was watching them and noticed them.

Bella's dreams are usually shadowing something or what's going on at the time. Maybe spending time in La Push made her think of Sam. I don't really think her perception of Sam changed in this chapter because nobody talked about him or brought him up. Only in the dream did she see him different.

She was a new student last year.. She was clumsy and drawing attention to yourself is not a good thing. Now, everyone knows her and how she is, so she doesn't want them not to see her.. I'm guessing she wants things to be more normal and people not stare at her

I imagine he thinks Jacob is the reason for the change. I don't think he fully believes she's different now and not zombie like.. when someone is lifeless for so long, a few days doesn't make you think it's permanent. To me, it kinda seems like she went from being with Edward all the time to now spending all her time with Jacob.. from one thing to the next. I know Jacob is just a friend, but if I was Charlie,.. I think I'd be a bit more concerned about her getting so "obsessive" with hanging out with another guy.

I think at this point,.. I thought that maybe there really was like this big huge black bear that was wondering close to town,.. I didn't really know about shape-shifters and werewolves at this point. Maybe that the bear was going to just by chance run into Bella at some point down the story.
Timothy
Learning to Love Green

Post by Timothy »

Besides the hospital with Dr. Cullen, nobody really missed the Cullens. Bella was the only one who ever talked to them at school and become family to them.

I don't think it changed her perception of him, but just the name made Bella dream of something different.

Last year she was the new girl, the new toy for everybody. She was , well still is, a klutz and was embarrassing herself. She just wants people to treat her normally.

Charlie can see that Bella is less of a zombie with him, that Jacob is good for her. Charlie obviously knows the Blacks, so I'm sure he is aware of Jacob's personality. And no good of a kid he is.

I knew it would play a big part in the story. What, I didn't know at that point. I just thought Bella life might be in danger because of it at some point.

Death is peaceful, easy. Life is harder.
Brienna
Has Caught Sight of Edward

Post by Brienna »

I believe she is the only one affected by it. She's the only one who was friends with the Cullens, so no-one else would miss them.

When she first met Sam, she knew something was 'off' in the way he acted. I think going to Jacob reminded her sub conscience of that.

Last year she got too much attention, now she doesn't get noticed at all.

I think he's afraid she might fall back. He does realize it's because of Jacob, but I think Charlie would've thought that someone else could've caused the same thing to happen for Bella.

No, it was so casually noticed, that I had no idea it would be of importance to the story later.
Gochiruzeru

Post by Gochiruzeru »

If you mean at school, then yes, she is. The Cullens were already so isolated from the other classmates that no one would have missed them anyway.

She always thought there was something weird about Sam... I think that has been something that has been playing on her mind for a while.

Probably because she realizes that she had been a zombie for a few months, and now she wants things to return to normal.

Charlie seems thrilled by the new Bella, and he seems to realize that Jacob had a lot to do with it -- not that he minds, though.

I already knew that there was more to it...I'm more interested now, haha.
Tornado
Member: LaPush Cliff Diving Team

Post by Tornado »

It has helped the Quileuetes, as they didn't like them. It hasn't helped Charlie. It probably hasn't made much difference to too many other people apart from Bella.

I don't think she would have thought much about Sam before this.

Because she's woken up now, and she wants to see Edward.

I think he would think it was Jacob's friendship that is helping her. Nothing had changed her before now.

I knew there would be werewolves, so assumed it was that. I wasn't sure that they were doing the killing, though, but I wasn't sure who was.
Edwards Ragazza
Officially Bitten!

Post by Edwards Ragazza »

Most students at Forks didn't pay attention to the Cullens. So for them to be absent it doesn't change any of their lives.

I think Bella thinks there is more to Sam Uley.

I think Bella is starting to feel alive again. She is slowly coming out of her darkness that she was in for so long that she wants to be around people.

Like any dad, he is happy that he is seeing his old daughter back. He probably thinks it has to do a lot with Bella's friend that he will encourage Bella to hangout more with her friend just so she won't relapse in a depression again.

Banner by TammyAZ