A Chapter by Chapter Discussion of New Moon

Moderators: December, Bronze Haired Girl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
kaitlyncullen
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Re: Chapter 4 ~ Waking Up

Post by kaitlyncullen »

1. Were you at all surprised by the description Bella gave of the dullness that surrounded her life for the past four months? How did that make you feel?
no i really wasnt. i expected her to be the way she was because i know how it feels somewhat. she's numb, and she's trying her hardest to even keep living without the person she loves. it's relatable when you've loved a person the way she loves edward.

2. Did you agree with Charlie that Bella should go and be with her mother again? Why or why not?
no, because i was holding out for edward to come back. and i wouldnt be able to leave a place like that, with so many memories. even if they hurt. those memories were all she had of edward.

3. Bella chose to spend her first attempt at normalcy with Jessica Stanley. Why do you think she chose Jess and not one of her other friends? Do you think Jess was a good choice? How do you think this event impacted their relationship?
i think she chose jessica because she is the most self-centered out of her friends. jess wouldn't be too worried about bella, more about herself, so that's less bella has to worry about. she doesnt want her pain to get brought up.

4. When Bella first heard Edward's voice, did you think it was REALLY his voice or just in her head? What do you think of her solution to hear his voice more often by putting herself in danger?
i honestly thought it was him at first. and i think if i was in her position i'd do the same thing, but obviously it was very reckless and stupid of her.
Private Kaitlyn Cullen of Jasper's Army.
"Forged in war, born of death, saved by love." - Jackson Rathbone. <3
spookybell
Part of Carlisle's Clan

Post by spookybell »

1. Were you at all surprised by the description Bella gave of the dullness that surrounded her life for the past four months? How did that make you feel?
I was so depressed for Bella. It was painful. for both of us...

2. Did you agree with Charlie that Bella should go and be with her mother again? Why or why not?
I can't really agree with Charlie or not. I think parents do anything for their children to make them happy. Charlie does not know what to do.

3. Bella chose to spend her first attempt at normalcy with Jessica Stanley. Why do you think she chose Jess and not one of her other friends? Do you think Jess was a good choice? How do you think this event impacted their relationship?
Never gave it any thought and accepted Bella's eventual reason.

4. When Bella first heard Edward's voice, did you think it was REALLY his voice or just in her head? What do you think of her solution to hear his voice more often by putting herself in danger?
I thought it was really Edwards voice for a really long time. I was never 100% sure, but I always entertained the possibility that it was Edward until Stephenie herself put the question to a definate answer. Um... If I was Bella, I would do the same thing she did. Anything to hear Edward. Anything.
Sometimes I am not satisfied with my signature!
darkrider
Red-Eyed Vampire

Post by darkrider »

i knew how she felt...i've been there...same time i read NM too.

no, forks was the only thing she had left of edward's.
My twinnie and my fav twi guy=meteor
Randomness Reggie! BACK in...dark?
Emmett's Demolition Crew:Trainee
Team Edmartt! <<for the clueless, edward+emmett
clariissaa
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by clariissaa »

mzedcullens wrote: I agree to an extent. I think Bella puts herself in danger to see if Edward would try to rescue her, as usual, BUT I don't think that Edward stayed. I think he did leave and fought the urge to come back as he told her later.
By the way, where did the Cullens go? Does it say? I don't remember..
Yes, Alice talks about them when she came back.
Carlisle is teaching, Jasper learning philosophy, Emmett and Rosalie on a 2nd honeymoon in Europe, Esme building some ancient house, and Alice was looking up her human life and family. And Edward is in South America =D
I was just reading it again yesterday.
vamps4evr
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by vamps4evr »

so sad, I cried for her! I have felt that pain not an easy thing to endure...

2. Did you agree with Charlie that Bella should go and be with her mother again? Why or why not? as a parent, I would have to agree, new surroundings would have probably helped...as a reader NO, I wanted her to stay and Edward to come HOME!

Jess was a talker and Bella knew how to get her off Bella and onto herself! She planned this well!! worked at first!

i thought he was watching her from afar!!
MoonlitRose
Wandering Through Town

Post by MoonlitRose »

I was a little bit surprised, but I could understand. If she didn't feel that dullness, she would have gone crazy...er.

I could definitely see where Charlie was coming from, but I didn't think it would really help. Bella lost the love of her existence, and that would be devastating, no matter where you live.

Bella chose Jess because she was the first person to pop into Bella's head. She would have chose Angela or somebody else if they happened to pop into her head first. I don't think Jess was a good choice, considering how Jessica is. She comes across as selfish to me, and would not hesitate to hurt a friend if it would further herself into the social circle, especially if she had jealousy issues.

I think this hurt their friendship more than it helped, not that Bella cares (and I can see why).

At first I thought Bella was just hearing things, but the more Edward's voice talked to her, the more I thought it really was him, in some weird connection thing. Her solution to hear Edward's voice by putting herself in danger was just incredibly stupid.
psugar
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by psugar »

1. Were you at all surprised by the description Bella gave of the dullness that surrounded her life for the past four months? How did that make you feel? No, she lost Edward, who she thought she loved who wouldn't be. I felt horrible I wanted to find Edward and drag hom bakc.

2. Did you agree with Charlie that Bella should go and be with her mother again? Why or why not?No, I kept thinking what if he comes back.

3. Bella chose to spend her first attempt at normalcy with Jessica Stanley. Why do you think she chose Jess and not one of her other friends? Do you think Jess was a good choice? How do you think this event impacted their relationship?Well Jess would just carry on a convo on her own, I don't think Jess was a good choice. This probably hurt their relationship.

4. When Bella first heard Edward's voice, did you think it was REALLY his voice or just in her head? What do you think of her solution to hear his voice more often by putting herself in danger? I thought he came back first then I thought he was talking to her somehow.
Trainee of EDC-Let's break down some houses!
In my version of Twilight Jacob never existed!
amulaya
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by amulaya »

No, I wasn't. She loved him with all that she had. I've been there before.

No, that wouldn't have helped her.

I think she chose Jess because Jess is so absorbed in her own little world so she wouldn't really notice what was happening in Bella's world. Jess was not the right person to go out with. I personally think she should have taken Angela. Bella's and Jess' friendship was never the same afterwards... But Jess is a ding dong the witch is dead which old witch the wicked witch anyway...

i thought it was Edward. I thought at first he had found a way to get into her head. I think she loves him enough to try anything...
"So, who's gonna catch me a grizzly bear?" - Bella
Twilightlover101
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by Twilightlover101 »

I felt like saying, your're giving us girls a bad name, your life shouldn't revovlve around your boyfriend regardless of how hot he is, it's sad to think that your world falls aprt because your boyfriend leaves you.

No. Because it wouldn't help her. This is edward we're talking about he's kinda hard to forget.

Because jess is so self absorbed, conversation wouldn't be difficult.

Yes, or at least i hoped and was again very cruelly disappointed. She loved so much she deluded herself into thinking he was there.
vampirechick101
Red-Eyed Vampire

Post by vampirechick101 »

I was not surpriced I mean she really loved him and now she is thinking he doesn't anymore. I woul have felt the same in her situation. :(

In some way yes because Forks casued her to always have him on her mind and that would lead to unwanted happy memories.

I think she chose Jess because she was the first person she meet or maybe the most obvious since she knew Angela was insightful.No i do not think she was a good choice since she acted rude by not talking and stuff but on the other hand she had a reason Bella was acting pretty weird.

No ,i think it was in her head. I think i was bad becasue she did exactly what he said not to do but she really missed him and his voice was the only memory of him she had so why not make what you can out of it right?
JACKHAMMER OPERATOR OF THE EDC! EMMETT'S DEMOLITION CREW WOOT WOOT!
Team Rosalie!~ every rose has it's thorns.
Mimi1=My Twi-Twin
You.Are.Not.Leaving.Me- Ian O'Shea<3 *sigh*