Moderators: December, Bronze Haired Girl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
DramaPrincezz013
Wrestling With Emmett
Location: Bouncing back and forth between Forks and Mystic Falls

Re: Chapter 3 ~ The End

Post by DramaPrincezz013 »

1. Did you feel a sense of foreboding in this chapter? At what point did you feel what was coming? Or did it take you by surprise?
I had a feeling some kind of drastic change would happen, but I didn't expect Edward to leave. But then again, we all know he has a tendancy to overreact. But seriously, I almost threw the book at the wall at this part.

2. Just as Bella did, have you ever felt that subconscious desire to grasp a hold of a relationship slipping away?
Yes. Who hasn't?

3. Edward speech was definitely a harsh one, but did it grasp reality for you as it did for Bella? Or were you expecting him to run back to her at any moment? Did you believe him as readily as Bella did?
I thought that he really meant what he said. I believed that through the whole book up until the part where Alice tells Bella he went to Italy.

4. When Sam appeared during the search, describe your gut reaction to his presence.
I didn't really have a gut reaction. I was still shocked and angry that Edward was really gone.

5. Describe your reaction as you read the "months" pages
I was devestated because all those months passed, and still no Edward. If he didn't return after all of that time, he probobly never would.
The ListV2~Apple::::Mafia~Eva DiMarco::::On bunches of teams!
"You're the closest to heaven that I'll ever be, and I don't wanna go home right now." </3
Ina
Settled in Forks

Post by Ina »

1. Did you feel a sense of foreboding in this chapter? At what point did you feel what was coming? Or did it take you by surprise?
I knew something was comming, but I had no idea that Edward would leave! I just keep thinking over and over again: Why didn't she ask him what was wrong? I know it probably woudln't change anything, but atleast she'd tried!

2. Just as Bella did, have you ever felt that subconscious desire to grasp a hold of a relationship slipping away?
Not nearly as strong as she did

3. Edward speech was definitely a harsh one, but did it grasp reality for you as it did for Bella? Or were you expecting him to run back to her at any moment? Did you believe him as readily as Bella did?
I believed him, but I didn't want to! How could he suddenly just stop loving her?

4. When Sam appeared during the search, describe your gut reaction to his presence.
I thought he was much older than he really was. That he was about Charlies age, but he wasn't even close:p

I wasn't thinking straight at that moment, I was still nauseous(sp?) after reading the last chapter! But I think SM did a great job. Instead of writing about the black hole Bella was stuck in, she showed us just by letting the months pass.
jesscaa
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by jesscaa »

I'm pretty sure it was obvious something was about to happen, but what in the world?!I didn't expect him to leave like that. It made me angry and then... I cried.

Yes. But not quite like this one.

I definately didn't want to believe him, but I did

Um. I don't think I had an initial gut reaction. I was upset about the past occurences still.

dreadful that long of a passing time without Edward!?>.<
Jasper's Confederate Army-Delilah Devon. Recovering patient at Carlisle's Medical Center. Sarah is my Twi-twin!
TeamEdward99
Settled in Forks

Post by TeamEdward99 »

1. Did you feel a sense of foreboding in this chapter? At what point did you feel what was coming? Or did it take you by surprise? I knew something big was coming but I wasn't sure what.

I've never had a relationship.
Yes. It was harsh and I believed it 100%.
What?! Sam, why is he out there?
I started thinking that he was automatically coming right back then.

~ TeamEdward99 :D
Have a nice day! 8-)
BiteMeRob
Settled in Forks

Post by BiteMeRob »

I knew, from the way Edward was acting, that something was up. But I didn't expect him to leave at all... I thought he loved her too much to leave her, even though he was putting her at risk. But from the moment she cut her finger I knew that something was bound to tick in his head. When I read this chapter I didn't believe he was leaving at first, I couldn't handle it! It was extremely well written and moving.

Well, yes, but it was nowhere near as intense as how Bella feels in this chapter.

I had a completely different idea to Bella, actually! From the beginning I was convinced he was doing it for the better and because he loved her, and I was positive that by the end, he would come back.

I didn't really have a reaction. I was glad somebody came out to get Bella, but I wasn't sure why he of all people would have found her.

I was relieved that I wouldn't have to delve into Bella's depression for the first few months, I was already torn apart by 'The End'... Stephenie Meyer brought out the idea of dragging, blank and emty months with those pages... It really effected me. I could feel Bella's pain.
Because of Edward Cullen, human boys have lost their charm.
Thanks Stephenie Meyer! Now I'll never find a man.
sazykid
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by sazykid »

I definetly had a bad feeling. I had a feeling something was going to happen when Alice didn't come back to school. But, I figured what Edward was going to do the day he watched TV with Charlie and then left.

I've totally been there. The relationship was not nearly as strong as Bella and Edward's but I still knew the end was near. He even took me on a walk to break things off. When Edward asked Bella to go on a walk I was mentally yelling for her to tell him no lol. I wanted to give her a warning and tell her to not go on that walk because it wouldn't end well.

I knew Edward only said those things becuase he needed to be able to leave Bella to protect her. No, I didn't believe him like Bella did, I was pretty sure the things he said hurt him as much as they hurt her. I didn't expect him to go back to her, though, I really did want him too lol. I was surprised he actually left her in the woods after he broke up with her. I figured he would have taken her back to the house or something.

I was a little scared of him. In Bella's eyes he was just so dark looking that he was a little scary.

5. Describe your reaction as you read the "months" pages.
At first, I was like "What the heck?!?" Then, because those first chapters were so emotional, I laughed a little because it was sort of random. Then, when I read what Bella had been going through, I was greatful they were just basically blank pages. I don't think I could have handled reading about Bella's pain as she lived it. It took everything I had not to break down with her through the rest of the book so I was greatful I didn't have read about those months too.
scarlet_forever
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by scarlet_forever »

Def. felt it coming b/c of Edward's moods and that kiss they had in chap. 2.

Yes.

I really beleived him just as Bella did. It hit me like a ton of bricks. I was like oh no! I could have killed Edward myself!! lol. When he said take care of yourself and then vanished, I think i had a slight chill to those words. :(

I actually trusted him. I automatically assumed he was w/ Jacob. I was right about this one!!

I think I bout honestly fell apart. I thought when I first turned the page 'OH October is the next chapter'..then when it got to January I was like NO WAY!!! I thought Edward would come back very shortly..like in chap. 7 or 8. Boy, was I wrong!!!! I really think we had no idea that we were going to experience the pain the way Bella did. SM did an excellent job w/ this.
Xx~Scarlet_forever~xX

*~* Do you think that I could be scary?*~*
*~* What if I'm not a superhero? What if I'm the bad guy?*~*
*~* As long as I'm going to hell, I migh as well do it thoroughly*~*
*~* You smell so good in the rain*~*
navarre
Finding Stuff in Billy's Trunk

Post by navarre »

Alphie wrote:Questions prepared by Cocoa

1)Oh yeah!! When Edward 's face was described by Bella as "all wrong" like he was hiding something in his eyes.

2)Yes. It's pathetic, but in her case, understandable.

3)When I read it the first time, I really believed that he was tired of all of the human/vampire relationship and was getting tired of her in some way. I was hoping he would return quickly, but I felt it would be much later in the book. No, I did not believe him completely. He had been to enamored with her to just stop loving her.

4)No reaction really, I felt this was someone here to help Bella.

5)Total emptiness. Void. It was very powerful in how it conveyed Bella's sense of loss.
Paranormal/Romance/Adventure Addict
Ashley_Marie2011
Settled in Forks

Post by Ashley_Marie2011 »

Yeah, big time. This was a really hard chapter to read because Edward was being so distant. I'm not sure when I could tell what was coming, but I knew it'd be bad.

I've never felt it with a boyfriend, but I have with a few of my friends.

I didn't believe Edward as much as Bella did. I hoped he'd return soon.

I didn't really have a reaction. He was just helping search for her and happened to be the one that found her.

I think I was in shock. It was when I really realized how upset and depressed Bella was. I wasn't expecting it at all.
pennybug84
Protector of Jacob's Honor

Post by pennybug84 »

1. Did you feel a sense of foreboding in this chapter? At what point did you feel what was coming? Or did it take you by surprise? I knew something was going to happen but I wasn't sure what. Sure didn't see Edward telling Bella he no longer loves her & he's leaving forever.

2. Just as Bella did, have you ever felt that subconscious desire to grasp a hold of a relationship slipping away?Nope

3. Edward speech was definitely a harsh one, but did it grasp reality for you as it did for Bella? Or were you expecting him to run back to her at any moment? Did you believe him as readily as Bella did? When I first read NM the first 3 books were out, so I knew he had to come back at some point I just wasn't sure when. (my sister-in-law told me about them & when she did she said it was a vampire love story so the vampire had to come back at some point!)

4. When Sam appeared during the search, describe your gut reaction to his presence. I didn't really have a good or bad reaction.

5. Describe your reaction as you read the "months" pages I was like wow this is a long time to pass. What is going to happen next?!
"She doesn't know what she wants" - Jacob Black "Yeah she does!" - Rob Pattinson