1. Did you feel a sense of foreboding in this chapter? At what point did you feel what was coming? Or did it take you by surprise?
I did! I was on tenterhooks the entire time! As soon as Jasper was taken out of the room and the way Edwards face was described - I knew it from there!
2. Just as Bella did, have you ever felt that subconscious desire to grasp a hold of a relationship slipping away?
Not as of yet
Never had a relationship with a beautiful vampire...though I'm always on the lookout of course!
3. Edward speech was definitely a harsh one, but did it grasp reality for you as it did for Bella? Or were you expecting him to run back to her at any moment? Did you believe him as readily as Bella did?
I was hoping that he would run back to her. But once she started running around looking for him I knew that he must have been far away - how could he stand to listen to her scream his name and not return? I put myself in the position of Bella at the point. I would have believed him.
4. When Sam appeared during the search, describe your gut reaction to his presence.
"what is he doing there?!"
5. Describe your reaction as you read the "months" pages
I had been crying from the start of the breakup speech and I was just about sobbing during the months pages. It was horrible
Great effect - kudos to SM - couldn't have done it any other way IMHO