1. Did you feel a sense of foreboding in this chapter? At what point did you feel what was coming? Or did it take you by surprise?
When Bella was in the hospital after James's attack in Twilight, I knew he was going to try to save her by leaving her in eventually. Then after Jasper tried to bite her, I knew it was coming. When I read the title o the chapter my heart started racing, and when I read her thought "[i]This is bad. This is Really, really bad"[i] I knew he was going to do it. I was scared what would happen to Bella. I wasn't sure how he would do it though, and he was so harsh... It was terrible. I knew it killed him just as much as it did her.
2. Just as Bella did, have you ever felt that subconscious desire to grasp a hold of a relationship slipping away?
I have. I am a military wife, so I have to tell my husband buy alot. I've seen him a total of 5 months over the last 2 years, and the first time two soulmates are seperated, it literally feels not just emotional but a physical pain. I totally understood what she meant. This had to be the hardest book for me to get through because I could relate so well. Only diference is I always knew Edward would come back.
3. Edward speech was definitely a harsh one, but did it grasp reality for you as it did for Bella? Or were you expecting him to run back to her at any moment? Did you believe him as readily as Bella did?
I knew he would come back. He loves her too much. He would eventually cave into the pain and come running back to her. I hate how harsh he had to be, but he was right. She would NOT have let him go unless she truly believed he did not want her. The most obsurd rediculous though. As if there was any way he could exist without needing her
4. When Sam appeared during the search, describe your gut reaction to his presence.
I didn't like it. It just seemed wierd when he was there. The sniffing totally threw me off also.
5. Describe your reaction as you read the "months" pages
Well if I'm being honest. After I read "Love, Life, Meaning, Over." I was waiting on him to hold her, and comfort her. To protect her again. I practically sped read until I read "I did not resurface." I literally chunked the book across the room. And sat there severlly depressed. Then I went and picked it up and skipped to the end to make sure Edward returned. I saw his name and flipped to where I was at in the book. Every page I turned during the month pages I said aloud "Oh My God". I totally understand what she went through... It hit home a little too hard I suppose