Moderators: December, Bronze Haired Girl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
TillyWhitlock
Playing Thunderball
Location: Wandering through the forest hoping to stumble upon Jasper

Re: Chapter 2 ~ Stitches

Post by TillyWhitlock »

1. Were you surprised by how spiritual Carlisle is?
Yes and no. I knew he was spiritual, but I never expected him to carry it on in his vampire life.

2. What did you think about the information revealed about Edward's mother?
I don’t know. I mean it’s great that she asked Carlisle to help Edward. It’s great that she was willing to ask him for anything. But that is just my personal opinion.

3. When the kiss happened, did you have any ideas about what was to come?
My gut told me he was leaving. I knew that he was going to walk away from her, but it was a matter of time. When was he going to do it, that was what scared the hell out of me.
Garage,Bodyguard,APPC,EDC
"Drug" Dealer to THE 6. The price: One bottle of Honey or Syrup.

SarahGoddard~ The Best Lexling ever!
Twi-Twin=Kimmy
akire
Finding a Nice Guy for Angela

Post by akire »

Not really. He was raised by a minister; that is bound to have an impact on one's spirituality. Plus, he seems to think alot about right versus wrong which, for many people, is a part of spirituality.

I thought it was interesting and that she was very perceptive. In thinking about it more, I wonder if her perception is part of where Edward got his mind-reading vampire ability (if Carlisle's theory about bringing traits forward from human life is accurate).

A little bit; but just because Edward was being very withdrawn.

Image Image Image
xBellatrixBlackx
Settled in Forks

Post by xBellatrixBlackx »

Erm... i kind of was at first because i forgot he'd been raised by a minister, i just saw him as a nice man rather than someone religious but i wasn't surprised for long, Carlsile's very fair and kind and i think that's what makes him such a likeable character

It was very interesting to hear about her, that had been one of he questions that had bugged me the whole way through the first book, the story about her was very sad, I'm glad Stephenie Meyer included Edwards's parent's story in there, it made it a very interesting chapter.

Well, not until Bella described it, i found the way he kissed her unusual to how he normally did, and then she reffered to the kiss back in twilight when James was hunting her it clicked in my head that Edward was going to leave her, after the whole Party incident with Jasper and the way Edward had been acting.
Becka
Settled in Forks

Post by Becka »

1. Not really, Twilight showed you how gentle and spiritual Carlisle is and he did come from a religious family...he is trying to make the best of who/what they are. I mean Carlisle is the closest thing to a Saint in the vampire world

2. It justified Carlisle's decision and I definitely thought SM was trying to say that Elizabeth knew what Carlisle was - she was choosing to save her son the only way possible. The green eyes thing was nice but i like the fact that they all have those warm amber eyes.

3. Yes..his behaviour toward Bella had already changed..their argument leading up to the kiss was evidence of that and when Bella compared the kiss with the one in Phoenix it certainly seemed likely that Edward was about to leave.
FrighteninLilMonster
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by FrighteninLilMonster »

Yeah. I didn't expect things to turn to religion, especially given how Carlisle's father was so religious and they hardly saw eye to eye; and how intellectual Carlisle is most of the time, religion didn't occur to me as a reason for him being so well behaved.

I thought it was incredibly sad, that she would spend her last moments making sure he'd be okay, and Edward would barely remember it. But I wondered, with Edward's mind-reading, if he'd kind of got that from his mother, and it had just intensified when he was changed. She was really observant for someone dying of something so awful. She seemed so wonderful, tears were welling reading the whole story.

Yeah. I knew from the second he told her he'd take her home that he was leaving. I just knew, and the more drawn out it was, the worse I knew it would be. Especially as Bella had no clue; and was ignoring her subconscious warning her. Dread was just rising all through after that.
'Out of nowhere, she was perched on Jasper's back, her lips at his neck.
Jasper chuckled, shaking his head.
"You truly are one frightening little monster."'
~APPC~
Jazzy'sgirl112108
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by Jazzy'sgirl112108 »

i wasnt surprised. it kind of seemed that was the type of person carlisle was before we knew anything. i thought was a very interesting chapter since we get to learn a lor more about his past.

it was very interesting (again) i found it hard, like bella, to picture edward with green eyes!! 8-)

i had no clue! it was very shockign when what happened happened... :|
Betting on Alice.
Tonya
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by Tonya »

1. Were you surprised by how spiritual Carlisle is? Not really Edward said n Twilight that Carlisle father was was a preacher or something. He was raised that was as a human and that is why he chose the path he did instead of becoming a monster like the vampire that bit him.

2. What did you think about the information revealed about Edward's mother? I liked knowing about Edward's real mom. It made me love him even more.

3. When the kiss happened, did you have any ideas about what was to come? Yes I knew he had made the decision to leave her then.
you.are.my.heroin
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by you.are.my.heroin »

No not really his father was a minister or somehthing like that.

I loved learning about Edwards human life because he hardly talkes about it, it was nice to know where he got some of his personality.

I assuemed he was thinking about leaving her but I really didn't want to think about it.
**Kathryn**
Edwards Ragazza
Officially Bitten!

Post by Edwards Ragazza »

Surprised no b/c he is such a caring person.
I liked the background story. I do believe she knew what CArlisle was.
I knew something was going to happen but I didn't think he was going to leave. But doing that made it such a good story. Yes I hated the fact that Edward was hardly in the book but I felt the gut wrench that SM wanted us to feel by doing that.
Banner by TammyAZ
April Allen
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by April Allen »

Questions by Pel.

A little. Because it was the first time we get to see that side of him. I loved it.

It was nice to know things about Edward when he was human. I enjoyed that part a lot.

Well, it surprised me a little, but I just thought it was because Edward realized he could've lost Bella because of that papercut, or just because he got carried away. I definitely didn't thought it was because of what really happened next. :|
"Oh, I'm with the vampires, of course." - Bella Swan