A Chapter by Chapter Discussion of New Moon

Moderators: December, Bronze Haired Girl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
twilighter_alice
Buying a Better Raincoat

Re: Chapter 2 ~ Stitches

Post by twilighter_alice »

I wasn't really surprised how much Carlisle was into the spiritual stuff, it kind of just... clicked.
I think the little background on Edward's biological mother was fascinating. I can see Edward getting his gift from her.
The kiss was a little panicky to me, I could forsee something looming over his mind.
Annabanana
Wandering Through Town

Post by Annabanana »

1. Were you surprised by how spiritual Carlisle is?
No I was not.

2. What did you think about the information revealed about Edward's mother?
I liked that he told bella edwards real eye color, I had actually been wondering about that while I was reading twilight. I was happy to hear that edwards mom was special to him and I also liked that she was the reason he created edward. I wonder if she actually knew Carlisle was a vampire

3. When the kiss happened, did you have any ideas about what was to come?
I knew something was about to happen but I really didn't think edward would leave her..
footloose
Learning to Love Green

Post by footloose »

No...the huge cross mentioned in the first book has kinda hinted at it.

When I read Twilight I thought it was selfish of Carlisle to change Edward instead of letting him die peacefully, just because he needed a friend. So it's a big relief for me to know that he did that because of Edward's mom. It's interesting to get a glimpse of what Edward was like as a human, and I love the fact that his eyes used to be green (i think it's a beautiful eye color).

Kind of, since Bella equated the kiss with the goodbye kiss Edward gave her in Twilight.
bella+edward4eva
Wandering Through Town

Post by bella+edward4eva »

1- a little.

2-it helped me understand edward more.

3-nope.
FYI-TWILIGHT ROX!!!!!!
LilyMorgana
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by LilyMorgana »

No, not really surprised. The only thing that surprised me was how strongly he felt like that.

It gave me more insight in Carlisle's actions. And I had to smile when Carlisle revealed Edward's initial eye colour. (Must've been very pretty.)

I realized something was about to happen. Bella said it felt like that one goodbye kiss so I could see Edward leaving somewhere in the near future.
- Nele

Private Morgana Mordant of Jasper's Confederate Army, Team Stainless Claret
LilyMorgana
Oh Rosalie!
Official Dog Lover!
Location: Harper's Island. Hiding from John Wakefield and Henry Dunn.

Post by Oh Rosalie! »

1. amazed, vampires can't resist human blood so easily. its good bella understood jasper for being the new vegetarian in his family

2. influenza affected his family and almost took over edward but the good thing was super carlisle was there to save edward from near death. its good carlisle has a conscience for the good.

3. more kisses.
lunamia
Wandering Through Town

Post by lunamia »

No, because of his past as human. Carlisle is just so GOOD.. he is one of my favorites.

Umm..I didn't think too much about it. It sounds like Edwards mom was a strong loving woman that knew that Carlisle was capable of doing more for his son than the other doctors.

Yes, I had ideas. But i was in denial. I didn't want it to happen..so like Bella..I just pushed the idea away :cry: .
alice_is_my_homegirl
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by alice_is_my_homegirl »

1. Were you surprised by how spiritual Carlisle is? No, because his father was a clergyman, and he still has his cross.

2. What did you think about the information revealed about Edward's mother? It gave me a better insight as to who Edward is.

3. When the kiss happened, did you have any ideas about what was to come? I only figured that something bad was going to happen, but I didn't know what.
Team Edward: Bringing Sexy Back Since 1901!
4everklutzy
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by 4everklutzy »

Questions by Pel.

Actually, I wasn't. His father was in the clergy, so he had that upbringing, but he was more humane than his father. However, above all, he chooses not to drink human blood. He didn't choose to be a monster and he chooses to maintain his humanity.

I really enjoyed learning more about him and where he came from and what he looked like before. I, personally don't think that she knew what Carlisle was, but I don't know that she wouldn't have asked for his help even if she did know--she loved her son.

I had a sense of foreboding, that SOMETHING was going to have to happen, but I was still somewhat shocked that he would leave her like that, that he could leave her like that.
sarah!
Digging the Castle Motif
Location: Tieing Derek in thunderball, having poke wars with Logan, and woiloping with sam!

Post by sarah! »

no, i kind of knew he would be that way. i find it very cool.

~ i really liked learning about where he came from. :)

~i had several bad ideas rolling in my mind.. but i didnt know he would go that far.
ImageImage
BLF-Logan, Twinny-Chels, Jell-o! My Twi-guys-Derek and Logs, Lemur 4 LIFE!