A Chapter by Chapter Discussion of New Moon

Moderators: December, Bronze Haired Girl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
TeamEdward99
Settled in Forks

Re: Chapter 2 ~ Stitches

Post by TeamEdward99 »

1. Were you surprised by how spiritual Carlisle is? No, he's a good vampire. And also he has the cross.

2. What did you think about the information revealed about Edward's mother? It was interesting and surprising.

3. When the kiss happened, did you have any ideas about what was to come? No, I just thought he was letting loose a VERY little for her birthday.

~TeamEdward99
:D HAve a nice day! 8-)
scarlet_forever
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by scarlet_forever »

1. Were you surprised by how spiritual Carlisle is?
No, b/c for some reason ever since Twilight when Edward was showing him around the house and the cross was hanging up I felt that way towards him. He is just humble and really tries to do alot of good w/ his life.

2. What did you think about the information revealed about Edward's mother?
Strange, but very cool. Edward wouldn't really have any memories of that.

3. When the kiss happened, did you have any ideas about what was to come?
Oh gawl, I think we all knew something was going to come crashing down. However, I didn't think at all Edward would be leaving...at least not for that long.
Xx~Scarlet_forever~xX

*~* Do you think that I could be scary?*~*
*~* What if I'm not a superhero? What if I'm the bad guy?*~*
*~* As long as I'm going to hell, I migh as well do it thoroughly*~*
*~* You smell so good in the rain*~*
sazykid
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by sazykid »

Not really. His father was a priest and he did have the antique cross in the house.

I always wondered why Carlisle picked Edward as the first person to turn. But, hearing what Edward's mother had asked of Carlisle it made better sense. I don't know if Edward's mother actually knew what Carlisle was, but asking Carlisle to help Edward showed how much she loved her son. Elizabeth Masen was living hre last moments and was still more worried about her son than she was about herself.

I had a feeling Edward was telling Bella goodbye. This was really the last pleasant moment between the two of them. Bella also points out that this kiss was similar to the one in Twilight where Edward goes off to find James. Edward wasn't sure if he'd ever see Bella again, so he was telling goodbye; he was doing the same with this kiss in New Moon.
acidRAYNE
Settled in Forks

Post by acidRAYNE »

1. Were you surprised by how spiritual Carlisle is? No, it didn't really surprise me since it was stated in Twilight that Carlisle's father was involved in the Church.

2. What did you think about the information revealed about Edward's mother? I honestly don't think she knew Carlisle was a vempire. I think she wanted Edward to live, and she knew that Carlisle was different, she just didn't know how.

3. When the kiss happened, did you have any ideas about what was to come? I am trying to remember what kiss you are talking about...
I had no idea Edward was going to leave.
ImageImageImage
pennybug84
Protector of Jacob's Honor

Post by pennybug84 »

1. Were you surprised by how spiritual Carlisle is? a little yes. especially considering Edward's view on that subject.

2. What did you think about the information revealed about Edward's mother? I loved how it shows how much she loved Edward and wanted him to live. But I don't think she knew what Carlisle was exactly.

3. When the kiss happened, did you have any ideas about what was to come? I had no idea what was coming.
"She doesn't know what she wants" - Jacob Black "Yeah she does!" - Rob Pattinson
futurevampire
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by futurevampire »

A little bit, but I knew his father was a preacher and it seemed like part of his character to believe in things after life. It was natural for him to be able to go to heaven eventually, because he tries so hard to fight what he is. I was more surprised that the other weren't.
It was interesting to see why he was changed and learn more about her, Edward doesn't remember much. I also liked how she looked like him, and how they had green eyes. She was a very strong character, even in the little bit we heard about her, because she recognizes Carlisle's extra abilities and even in her last moments is very demanding.
I was mostly scared that Edward was upset and they would have a fight about whether she should be around his family. When Bella realized what the kiss reminded her of, I was more worried about what would happen next.
Edward and Bella Forever!!!<3 :: Lexicalia :: Team Esme!
Mafia: Natalia Gravano/Nat :: I'm on The List!! ~Marisa
Jadey
Resisting Temptation With Carlisle

Post by Jadey »

No, I knew he would be because of how he lives as a vamp.

Edwards mother could've known that Carlisle was a vampire.. So I thought Edward must've got his gift from her.. If she was turned into a vampire, she probably could read minds too. Either that or she was just doing all she could to try and get Carlisle to save Edward. It was nice to know a bit of Edwards backround.

I knew something major was going to happen.. and I had this gut feeling that Edward would leave (either that or because I'd already read somewhere that he leaves).
^ by ForJazz
"Theres a lot of like, feminist issues with the book. Like, 'Oh, she's so devoted to him' and well yeah, she's in love with him"
- Kristen Stewart
aliacullen
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by aliacullen »

yes i was i knew he would be wise

it was helpful

sort of bella said she rembers what kind of kiss it reminded her off so i htought he was breaking up with her
Dorito
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy

Post by Dorito »

He was a clergyman, so not really.

Intuition? It was a different time, a different age a century ago. Did she really know about Carlisle? Or just had some kind of feeling about him? Very courageous though, obviously filled with fighting spirit as she continued to try to nurture Edward from her deathbed.

I should have, from how she described it, but didn't. Just seemed like they moved the line a bit on intimacy.
I'll be your Edward if you'll be my Bellas
Dovrebanen
Red-Eyed Vampire

Post by Dovrebanen »

Not really, no. He was raised in a religious family, and probably kept his faith with him. He even made it better, since he freed himself of the superstitions and prejudices of his time.

I liked hearing about her. It made Edward's transformation more clear. She seemed like a strong and loving person. How she had lessened her own chances of survival to nurse for her son, and she used her last breath to beg for his life. You have to admire something like that. I don't know how much really knew about Carlisle. I guess she saw that he was very special, but I'm not sure she knew he was a vampire. But I think that she was very perceptive, like her son.

I didn't want to think about it...But when she said the kiss reminded her of the last time he said goodbye, I had a strong feeling that he might leave. And also when he said he was thinking about right and wrong..He was probably thinking about what would be the right course of action to take. But even if I was somewhat prepared, I was still shocked by the title of the following chapter.
Rob's Halfway House ~ Team Edward ~ Cullenist ~