Chapter by Chapter Eclipse Discussion

Moderators: December, Bronze Haired Girl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
natterss707
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Re: Chapter 24 - Snap Decision

Post by natterss707 »

1. Edward asks Victoria if Seth is like the monster that James tracked through Sibera. What did you think about that the first time you read the book?
I really didn't know what to think. I'm pretty sure I'm still confused. I know he was picking things out of her head in order to buy some time to figure out some sort of strategy but I'm not exactly sure of my assumptions.

2. When you first heard the Quilete’s legend about the 3rd wife, did you anticipate it coming into play like this?
Kind of yeah, I knew it had some significance when Bella was dreaming about it and was talking about it in her sleep. I didn't really know this was coming though so I guess in a sense I didn't know the exact use for this to come in.

3. When Edward tells Seth to run, did you think they planned he would hide in the shadows and help or did you think he was supposed to stay away as to not get hurt?
I figured it was to hide so that the approaching vampires would be surprised when he did come out. It wasn't so that he wouldn't get hurt.

4. If Bella’s sacrifice hadn’t have worked so quickly, how far do you think she would have gone to save Edward and Seth?
I don't think she would have gone too far but she definitely could have thought of a couple of other ideas that she would do, although they would probably not be such great ideas to Edward.
made by Ostentatious6277 @ Vesperarium
Credit fallingbeauty@Vesperarium for avatar.
Babygirl67

Post by Babygirl67 »

1. Edward asks Victoria if Seth is like the monster that James tracked through Sibera. What did you think about that the first time you read the book?
i was really caugtht up in the story but i think that edward said that to make victoria mad...

2. When you first heard the Quilete’s legend about the 3rd wife, did you anticipate it coming into play like this?
yes i did think it would have because everything does repeat itself

3. When Edward tells Seth to run, did you think they planned he would hide in the shadows and help or did you think he was supposed to stay away as to not get hurt?
i think edward didnt want seth to get hurt so he could sneak up on victoria

4. If Bella’s sacrifice hadn’t have worked so quickly, how far do you think she would have gone to save Edward and Seth?

yes because edward means alot to her
pennybug84
Protector of Jacob's Honor

Post by pennybug84 »

1. Edward asks Victoria if Seth is like the monster that James tracked through Sibera. What did you think about that the first time you read the book? I was like hmmm. I wasn't sure what he could have been referring to.

2. When you first heard the Quilete’s legend about the 3rd wife, did you anticipate it coming into play like this? At first I didn't. But it makes sense when I thought about it that it would.

3. When Edward tells Seth to run, did you think they planned he would hide in the shadows and help or did you think he was supposed to stay away as to not get hurt? I didn't know what he could be doing. I thought it was weird Edward would tell him to leave when I would think he would want Seth to help protect Bella.

4. If Bella’s sacrifice hadn’t have worked so quickly, how far do you think she would have gone to save Edward and Seth? Bella would have died for Edward. We've already seen that she's capable & willing to do that in NM.
"She doesn't know what she wants" - Jacob Black "Yeah she does!" - Rob Pattinson
ForJazz926
Has Caught Sight of Edward

Post by ForJazz926 »

Well he's not asking her because he doesn't know...he's asking her to take a closer look. He would like her to be taken aback. I assumed he was just trying to make her a bit unsure of herself, and consider the strength of her enemies again.

*rolls eyes and sighs* yes. Bella is such a martyr.

I didn't know what Edward had seen - I thought that maybe Jacob was injured and the pack needed help, so Edward was sending him there to step in.

I think she would have done it. All the way.

Image Image
catchick
Settled in Forks

Post by catchick »

I wasn't really sure. I though he might have just been trying to confuse her with everything he said.

No, I found that part of the book kind of boring (when they were telling the legends), so once it was over, I was glad, and I kind of forgot about it.

I wasn't sure. I thought maybe at first that there was trouble where everyone else was, and that Seth had to go help. Then Vicotria arrived, and I though it didn't make much sense that Seth would leave. Now that I think abut it, maybe they told him to leave because if Victoria caught Seth's scent, she might flee, like she had so many times before. He probably wanted all of the protection for Bella that he could get, but he wanted to end it.

I think she would have gone as far to let herself get killed for them, or at least for Edward.
akire
Finding a Nice Guy for Angela

Post by akire »

I think I read right over that, considering it was the climax of the story and I wanted to know what happens! I can't remember thinking anything specific about it.

At that point we didn't know the fight was coming (did we?). But I could still see Bella doing something like that.

I thought Edward was sending Seth away so he wouldn't be in the fight. He's, what, 14 at this point??

In typical, self-sacrificing, Bella fashion she would have gone all the way.

Image Image Image
sazykid

Post by sazykid »

I really don't remember thinking anything about it. The only thing that came to mind was that maybe Victoria was scared of Seth and this was Edwards way of telling Seth and Bella she was scared of him.

I totally figured Bella would pull something like the 3rd wife. The 3rd wife story gave Bella the idea to sacrafice herself if things were going badly, it's totally a Bella thing to do.

I sort of thought Seth was just supposed to run away and be safe. Edward wouldn't want to put someone as young as Seth in any unnecessary danger.

I have no doubt in my mind that she would have done anything she thought necessary to save them.
Sydflower
Part of Carlisle's Clan

Post by Sydflower »

I wasn't sure. At the time I just thought that he meant that these werewolves were more civil. It was fore-shadowing all the way!

I knew they were going to do something with it since it sounded so closely related to Bella. But, I definitely didnt think Bella would be raking rocks up her arm!

I definitely did not think he was going to help. I thought he was going to stay away and not get hurt. But, it did turn out to be really cool that he was actually hiding to help. The pre-face says it all!

Who knows.. Bella can get a little intense. She probably wouldve ran over to one of the vampires and tried to punch them in the face or something.. lol. She would've gone to any length to save Edward.
sarah!
Digging the Castle Motif
Location: Tieing Derek in thunderball, having poke wars with Logan, and woiloping with sam!

Post by sarah! »

- I wondered what he was talking about. lol

- yeah I knew something was going to happen that would connect Bella to the story.

- stay away

- she would have gone very far. She is very intense and would do anything for Edward.
ImageImage
BLF-Logan, Twinny-Chels, Jell-o! My Twi-guys-Derek and Logs, Lemur 4 LIFE!
Dovrebanen
Red-Eyed Vampire

Post by Dovrebanen »

Still not sure on this one..I was confused by it the first time, but didn't really stop to think about it. But I think maybe he was pointing out that Seth wasn't a normal werewolf (if that was what James tracked through Siberia), make her see that Seth was something she had never encountered before and that Seth was with Edward all the way. I also think that Edward was trying to confuse her and keep her mind occupied by talking to her all the time.

Yes, the story really got to Bella. It made her see that she could contribute in a fight. That she wasn't only a burden, she could be the one to actually decide the fight. And it is very typical Bella-behavior.

The first time I read it I was sure Edward was sending Seth away so he wouldn't get hurt. That Edward felt that Seth was too young to fight and die out there.There was noone to run to for help, so that couldn't be why Seth should run. But now that I know why Edward did it, it seems like a very good idea. He wanted the complete element of surprise, so it was vital that Victoria had no idea a werewolf was with them.

Bella would have gone all the way. She has been ready to die for Edward on several occasions. When she went to face James alone in Twilight, thinking it would spare Edward's life. When she went to Italy in New Moon, fully aware that she might die to save him. So she has proved that she will give her life to save Edward.
Rob's Halfway House ~ Team Edward ~ Cullenist ~