Chapter by Chapter Eclipse Discussion

Moderators: December, Bronze Haired Girl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Alphie
Blame me for everything

Chapter 23 ~ Monster

Post by Alphie »

1. Edward states that his best night ever was the night Bella said yes to marriage. Bella never states specifically her best night ever. What night do you think she would choose?

2. What do you think Edward said to Jacob to get him to come back to the tent?

3. Bella seems genuinely surprised by her own reaction to Jacob’s kiss. Have you ever been pleasantly surprised by your own reaction to someone’s kiss or even just a hand hold?

4. The title of the chapter is Monster. Why do you think Stephenie Meyer named it this?
Sarah-Lynn

Re: Chapter 23 ~ Monster

Post by Sarah-Lynn »

. Edward states that his best night ever was the night Bella said yes to marriage. Bella never states specifically her best night ever. What night do you think she would choose? Hmm, I really don't know. My favorite night of theirs is the ride home from Port Angeles in Twilight. I LOVE that chapter!!

2. What do you think Edward said to Jacob to get him to come back to the tent? Bella is in pain, and she is struggling to make this decision (transforming) less stressful on everyone. I know she cares for you and you care for her. She doesn't want to leave things this way. If you care for her at all the way you say you do, you'll go back and let her explain. ..... Well, I hope Edward would have taken the high road like that. :D

3. Bella seems genuinely surprised by her own reaction to Jacob’s kiss. Have you ever been pleasantly surprised by your own reaction to someone’s kiss or even just a hand hold? Ahh, yes. Let me just say that I was sobbing when she started kissing him back. As much as I knew that Bella and Edward belonged together, there was just something about the way they kissed so passionately, a way that she and Edward couldn't yet do. You could feel the emotion coming off the page! I was screaming "NO!" in my head when she had that vision of their life together... and I thought, "surely not; she belongs with Edward; surely she doesn't end up with Jacob!" For the first time, I felt like Bella was actually crying tears of sorrow here. She said in Twilight that her tear ducts were connected to her temper, and that she cried when she got mad.

4. The title of the chapter is Monster. Why do you think Stephenie Meyer named it this? Well, they're all monsters, aren't they? lol! Certainly, Bella feels like a monster for hurting Jacob. Edward is a monster for deliberately saying within earshot of Jacob that his best night was when Bella agreed to marry him. Jacob is a monster for forcing Bella to realize that she's in love with him, too!
Venecettia
Playing the Stockmarket with Alice

Post by Venecettia »

1. I am really not sure. As of now, or then, I guess the marriage would be. She still seemed a little unsure though.

2. Maybe because Bella needed him, some reason that he would be needed.

3. Nope. I usually don't think about those things. I never really pay attention to my own reactions, just to other persons, then I have an idea of how they feel.

4. Um, maybe because Bella thought of herself as a monster, because she pretty much has declared her descision to be with Edward, which may have eaten Jacob up inside, like a monster would. Kind of, that is just a confusing guess.
CastMeNotAway
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by CastMeNotAway »

1. Edward states that his best night ever was the night Bella said yes to marriage. Bella never states specifically her best night ever. What night do you think she would choose?
----Hmmm... That's a tricky one. Maybe the first night he stayed in her room with her? (At least, when she knew he was there!)

----Probably something like "Bella really needs to see you right now. You can't just leave without letting her explain." ... I dunno. It's midnight, I can't think straight!

3. Bella seems genuinely surprised by her own reaction to Jacob’s kiss. Have you ever been pleasantly surprised by your own reaction to someone’s kiss or even just a hand hold?
----Not really... but if anyone ever kissed me the way Jacob did in this chapter, I probably would be! :lol:

4. The title of the chapter is Monster. Why do you think Stephenie Meyer named it this?
----Because Bella feels like a monster because she knows she will end up breaking Jacob's heart and the realization of her love for him will make it even HARDER (on both of them!)
Sig by me, icon by wwonder at LJ ~ 9/11/07 & 11/15/08 <3 ~ Official "Innocent Bystander" of the Robnapping Crew!
Lynzeee
Decorating with Esme

Post by Lynzeee »

i dont know what she would chose but My favorite would be when he was showing her all the "reasons" a big bed is necessary haha that was hot

probably something like " are you giving up so easy.. i thought you loved her, maybe you should hear what she has to say if you claim to love her so much" he baited him you know it

Im just going to say.. I love love love Bella and Edward they are IT but this kiss was AWESOME i was in shock.. of course i've been pleasantly surprised by a kiss.. but thats all it was.. he wasn't worth any more effort or time and he wasnt my type at all

someone already said it.. but i think they all felt like monsters at least the main three.. which is why thats the name.. they all did something out of there nature really..

can i just say.. this was my FAVORITE BOOK.. My Favorite Chapter.. Eclipse is the best.. really it is..
Keeper of The Randomness
"Just because you can, doesn't mean you should"-Acheron Parthenopaeus
thecrimsonrose
Settled in Forks

Post by thecrimsonrose »

prbably anytime their alone in bed and just BEING with eachother

bella might be in danger if you don't

i was dared to kiss a guy who i knew liked me but i didn't feel the same way about and it turned out he was an amazing kisser

because bella feels like a monster because she is screwing everyone around in her life and she doesn't know how to stop hurting everyone.
Didn't Edward tell you how many houses me and Rose wrecked?-Emmett, Breaking Dawn
kaitlyncullen
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by kaitlyncullen »

i'll just jump waaay ahead to breaking dawn and say the nights they spend in their house alone together after she is a vampire. =]

oh something like bella needs you, edward is always there when she needs him.

i dont know if i've been surprised, i always have a good idea of how i feel about the person. i just know that the kiss between them made me kinda conflicted. i was sincerely scared that she would maybe end up with jacob, but then i also could relate to her mixed feelings.

bella feels like a monster for breaking her friends heart only to realize she does have true feelings for him, but not enough to break apart her and edward. jacob also is confused and hurt and feels like a monster for making bella so confused. and edward feels like a monster because, hey he's already pretty much said it, and that move with jacob was pretty harsh.
Private Kaitlyn Cullen of Jasper's Army.
"Forged in war, born of death, saved by love." - Jackson Rathbone. <3
la_tua_cantante
Jump Starting Bella's Truck
Location: Contemplating giving Edward baking lessons. (Austin, TX)

Post by la_tua_cantante »

Hmm...I have no idea, actually. If I were Bella, I'd say any night spent with Edward holding me would be up there...

He probably said, She needs you to protect her or something.

Yes. I had met a guy once and we went out and had a phenomenal date but he didn't try to go in for t he good night kiss. Then, on date 2, he did and I nearly died. I almost felt like Bella the first time she and Edward kissed, hehe. Talk about shocked. I married him, though...so yay for that!

Because all the main characters are doing ugly things. Bella's realized she's really hurting Jake. Jake's realized his constant pushing of Bella is causing her pain. Edward is in conflict about what to do regarding Bella and is hurt at the thought of her choosing Jake. The Cullen's are killing newborn vampires, which is against what they normally do. It's a mess all around.
Read *Jasper Lurks*
*My FanFiction* & My LJ.
Team Edward all the way!
I. MET. ROB. PATTINSON.
sarah-belle
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by sarah-belle »

My guess is the first night Edward stayed. I love that chapter <3

He probably guilted him into coming back. It was probably something along the lines of, "Bella might be in danger, I thought you were going to fight for her, blah blah blah."

Nope :/

I think it's because, as Bella mentions, she felt like a monster. One, she knew that the kiss was just going to end up hurting Jacob even more, and yet she did it anyway, and two, she hurt Edward by kissing Jake.
Image Image
Are we wasting time or is it wasting us?
LaTuaCantante1
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by LaTuaCantante1 »

the first night he stayed with her. that first night after their first kiss, thefirst true closeness. so many firsts.

that she needed him and he couldnt leave her like that. and that coming from edward, the fact that it came from edward is what convinced him.

i pleasently surprised i actuly make it through the day. my first kiss was pleasently surprised my heart didnt actuly rip out of my chest it was beating so hard

i think is because bella felt like such a monster for what she was doing to jacob and edward. mostly edward. she was kinda used to puting jacob through pain, but putting edward through it was something different.