Chapter by Chapter Eclipse Discussion

Moderators: December, Bronze Haired Girl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
jacobblacklover96
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Re: Chapter 23 ~ Monster

Post by jacobblacklover96 »

1. Edward states that his best night ever was the night Bella said yes to marriage. Bella never states specifically her best night ever. What night do you think she would choose?I think she would choose well it's not a night but i think she would choose the meadow, maybe.

2. What do you think Edward said to Jacob to get him to come back to the tent?I think Edward told him that Bella really did love him and to like go talk to her or something.

3. Bella seems genuinely surprised by her own reaction to Jacob’s kiss. Have you ever been pleasantly surprised by your own reaction to someone’s kiss or even just a hand hold?Sorry I don't know how to answer this one :(

4. The title of the chapter is Monster. Why do you think Stephenie Meyer named it this?It;s kind of obvious, Bella thinks she's a monster for doing that to Jacob, him finding out Bella and Edward were getting married, and stuff, and then the passionate kiss, Oh My God!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

-JacobBlackLover(JBL)
Thanks to Shel for the Awesome Banner!
Mafia: Marta Santorini APPC Shopper
Team Jasper....TEAM JACOB!! R.I.P. Shaun's 9 year old bro, Kyle S. 2/2/09
golden x sunshine
Learning to Love Green

Post by golden x sunshine »

1. Edward states that his best night ever was the night Bella said yes to marriage. Bella never states specifically her best night ever. What night do you think she would choose?
-I think she would choose the night she and Edward came back from Italy and she woke up and he was there and they both realized how much they love one another and Bella had her epiphanies and the Cullens voted her to become part of their family (:

2. What do you think Edward said to Jacob to get him to come back to the tent?
-I honestly have no clue !

3. Bella seems genuinely surprised by her own reaction to Jacob’s kiss. Have you ever been pleasantly surprised by your own reaction to someone’s kiss or even just a hand hold?
-Sadly, no =/ I hope it happens one day though.

4. The title of the chapter is Monster. Why do you think Stephenie Meyer named it this?
-Because Bella thinks shes a monster for loving two people at the same time, even when she knows thats not fair.
"when life offers you a dream so far beyond any of your expectations, it's not reasonable to grieve when it comes to an end."
-twilight
natterss707
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by natterss707 »

1. Edward states that his best night ever was the night Bella said yes to marriage. Bella never states specifically her best night ever. What night do you think she would choose?
Wow that's a tough question. I was thinking the whole day of the meadow scene, when they came back from Italy, or the night he kidnapped her =)

I really have no idea.

3. Bella seems genuinely surprised by her own reaction to Jacob’s kiss. Have you ever been pleasantly surprised by your own reaction to someone’s kiss or even just a hand hold?
Umm, not yet haha. I don't usually kiss someone unless I know I like them but we'll see maybe one of these days I will be pleasantly surprised.

4. The title of the chapter is Monster. Why do you think Stephenie Meyer named it this?
It's the way Bella feels for causing so much pain to the people she loves.
made by Ostentatious6277 @ Vesperarium
Credit fallingbeauty@Vesperarium for avatar.
LoveTwilight
Settled in Forks

Post by LoveTwilight »

I really couldn't answer this! Hmmm there's so many that I can't think of one specific one... I would say the first night he stayed in her room with her...but didn't she mention that one?

And can I just say:
What Edward did- letting Jacob listen in on the conversation and mention marrying Bella- was absolutely dispicable! That broke my heart :cry: I would be SO angry with him for that!

He probably would have goaded him, calling him a coward or something because I imagine that's the only way Jake would listen to him...but then thinking about it he can read his mind, right? So he'd probably be very nice and say something about Bella needing him, it could be the last time they see each other etc. But yeah, I still think he would have wound him up so he'd go back just to prove Edward wrong.

I was about to say no, but actually I have. Not for the same reasons but he was a very quiet guy, not someone you think would be a good kisser LOL :lol: I love Jake and Bella's kiss in this chapter. I love it when she realises she does love him :mrgreen: :cry: :mrgreen:

I think it's pretty obvious...
Bella thinks she is a monster because she's broke Jake's heart by agreeing to marry Edward and not wanting Jacob like she wants Edward AND kissing Jake to make him think she does (!) and at the same time torturing Edward with the way she reacts to Jacob and by being upset because Edward doesn't like her being upset.
Poohbear29
Settled in Forks

Post by Poohbear29 »

1 Edward states that his best night ever was the night Bella said yes to marriage. Bella never states specifically her best night ever. What night do you think she would choose?

I don’t know what she would choose.

He probably said Bella needs you, go talk to her.

I don’t know why she was so surprised; she wanted to kiss him in New Moon, and more. Remember when she said it would be so easy if she put her lips on his bare shoulder. It’s only a kiss, Bella is full of it.

Bella feels like a monster because she feels like she is hurting Jacob. I am not letting Bella off the hook. To me she is the monster, she tells Edward she loves him can’t live without him. Then she tells Jacob she needs him and loves him. She is just selfish, and wants it all. Edward really loves her and was willing to let her go, if she wanted Jacob. Some people were mad at Edward for letting Jacob hear that he and Bella were getting married. Didn’t they both say they were going to fight for Bella’s love? Jacob has been underhanded from the beginning.
yanjan3
Finding a Nice Guy for Angela
Location: Happily moving to a world where Humans, Vamps and Werewolves get along...

Post by yanjan3 »

honestly, I don't know.. maybe it was her epiphany, did she mention that..? agh, there are so many nights to choose from...

I think Edward told Jacob how upset Bella is and wanted to talk to him.

Hasn't happened to me...

Bella thinks she's a monster because on the pain she is inflicting on Jacob and Edward, both of her loved ones.
ImageImage
"I rate hot guys from 1 to RobPattinson".
spiritwolf32
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by spiritwolf32 »

I think she would say every night lol. I just know mine like many people has said. Mine was That night after the day in the Meadow.

OMG I could only imagine. Probably something about protecting Bella because if he didn't come back that she was going to go after him and end up getting hurt since the fight was about to start. I think Jacob was strategizing on the way back though.

Yeah. I have been surprised by a kiss. Not the same way Bella was. I was surprised that I was even kissed by the guy. The guy is my best friend. I am also in love with him but I don't think he feel the same way. So when he kissed me (which was almost a couple weeks ago) I was shocked.

Because Bella thinks she is hurting everyone all the time. She is hurting Jacob by keeping him around, she hurt Edward by asking him to not fight with his family, etc.
Renesmee_Bella
Red-Eyed Vampire
Location: In Ohio, waiting for Edward to come through the window.....

Post by Renesmee_Bella »

1) I actually think it would be the same night as Edward's but for different reasons...

2) I think he would have told him that Bella needed him, needed to explain. Sonething like..."Jacob. Bella needs you right noe. and Jacob would have been like, "Why should I care what she needs." And Edward would have said, "Because you love her. Because you know how much pain she's in over all of this. Over her and me and you...For her?" Yep, something like that and Jacob would have goven in with poor grace as usual.

3) Well, yes. I have been surprised like that. When that certain someone held my hand, my heart just jumps and it's so wierd because I never knew I had feelings for him.

4) I think it's because Bella feels like a monster for kissing Jacob, for hurting Edward by being in love with Jacob and jusr for this whole mess. I think it's also because Jake is a monster for threatening to kill himself just so she would kiss him. Wow.

♥~*Proud Member/Founder of The Mookie Adams Family*~♥
pennybug84
Protector of Jacob's Honor

Post by pennybug84 »

1. Edward states that his best night ever was the night Bella said yes to marriage. Bella never states specifically her best night ever. What night do you think she would choose? I'm not sure. Because it's one of my favorites to read I'll say the night when Alice kidnaps Bella and Edward comes home & they're both just happy to be with each other.

2. What do you think Edward said to Jacob to get him to come back to the tent? I really have no idea.

3. Bella seems genuinely surprised by her own reaction to Jacob’s kiss. Have you ever been pleasantly surprised by your own reaction to someone’s kiss or even just a hand hold? NOPE

4. The title of the chapter is Monster. Why do you think Stephenie Meyer named it this? Because stupid Bella was tricked into kissing Jacob & she enjoyed it more than she thought she would or should (in my opinion)
"She doesn't know what she wants" - Jacob Black "Yeah she does!" - Rob Pattinson
ForJazz926
Has Caught Sight of Edward

Post by ForJazz926 »

The night after coming home from Italy with Edward, after she realizes that she's not dead or dreaming.

Something way to noble, I'm sure. I would prefer if he just growled and roared at him and told him to get his wolfy a** back to Bella immediately or he'd break his legs. lol

I just can't say enough how much I loved that kiss scene. That was extreme hotness, no matter how much I like Edward. It was SO beautiful, and there was something sad about the way he kissed her, too - in a way that Edward couldn't. The whole scene was amazingly written, and I've read it over and over again. SM - you are a genius.

As for my experience - once I kissed a girl friend of mine because I was stupid and in college...and ended up really enjoying myself. She was a great kisser!

They all make rather desperate moves in this chapter. They become animalistic, using tactics that ensure their survival, but aren't necessarily morally right. Edward hurts Jacob on purpose to stake his claim on Bella, Bella allows the hurting of both guys to go on, and Jacob manipulates her into kissing him. They all hurt people, and it's uncharacteristic for all of them. Good title for the chapter.

Image Image