Moderators: December, Bronze Haired Girl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Alphie
Blame me for everything

Chapter 22 ~ Fire and Ice

Post by Alphie »

Thanks to Be My Escape for her help!

1. What do you think about the honesty the boys show each other?

2. Are you surprised to see Edward admitting his jealousy and showing less patience?

3. How did you feel about Edward's four options regarding Bella?

4. What surprised you most about the conversation they had?
ilovespaceheaters
Wandering Through Town

Re: Chapter 22 ~ Fire and Ice

Post by ilovespaceheaters »

This is my favourite chapter in the whole series! LOVE IT.

I think it is showing how they can get along they just choose not to. I love it.

2. Are you surprised to see Edward admitting his jealousy and showing less patience?
Well, sort of. I guess it is sort of suprising because Edward is a very inward person. But under these circumstances when all Edward can do is sit back and watch... Well that has to be frustrating. And Jake can be Bella's space heater. <3

I think he chose the right one. :)

The honesty in it all. It was sweet.

"Go fetch a space heater."

[22.8.08] Best day of my life.

ManSpice
twilighter4eva
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by twilighter4eva »

I think that they are trying to find common ground for Bella's sake.

Not really, because he thought Bella wasn't listening, or able to hear them. I also think that he was trying to show Jacob that he would be fighting just as hard, maybe harder.

I think he picked the right one. Maybe not the most practical one, the best one, but the one that was right for him and Bella.

That Edward was being so open to Jacob, and that Jacob was being so open to Edward. And that they kept from killing each other. ;)
"Uh, I had an adrenaline rush. It's very common. You can google it."- Edward

"How do we even know she's Italian? Her name's Bella."
Rosalie's Twin
Settled in Forks

Post by Rosalie's Twin »

1. I think that its like a foreshadow. That they can be civilized in the way that they speak of her. Especailly if she isn't conscioius.

2.I like that he finally shows emotion, I mean that whole act about him being extremely mature and withdrawn, bugged me. Like he wasn't real, but seeing that made me go man, here we go.

3.I think that it was fair, and he was being honest. I mean, if you had a super hot boyfriend and you were like 60 and he was still 18...I would personally hate it.

4. I really liked this chapter just for this discussion, how reasonable they were being. Thinking of her, and their honesty.
Jublio
Settled in Forks

Post by Jublio »

First I was like: what the hell is happening, and later I found it interesting because you get to know them more.

yes. I really didn't saw him doing that, but I knew he was jealous.

I don't really have a feeling about it. I think he choose the right one.

that they were so calm.
....::Image::....
sarahbells
Settled in Forks

Post by sarahbells »

I really liked the honesty they showed eacother. I think though that edward gave up a lot more in tht conversation then jake did. I guess it was just the wisdom and age showing thourh.

no, edward is a very honest person, well once he gets to know someone.

it made me realize that edward put much more thought into this relationship the most expected. and that he would do anything for bella if it would be best for her.

4. What surprised you most about the conversation they had?[/quote]

i was very surprised with all of it!
thecrimsonrose
Settled in Forks

Post by thecrimsonrose »

i was quite suprised as both of them had harboured a strong distrust towards the other for as long as they had known each other
i think he shows patience and is polite all the time so as not to provoke or hurt bella
i thought it was quite brave of him to put his innermost thoughts out there for jacob to see
not really but i am glad they had it, i think it cleared the air between them
Didn't Edward tell you how many houses me and Rose wrecked?-Emmett, Breaking Dawn
Pulga
Settled in Forks

Post by Pulga »

Edward deixar Jacob conhecê-lo um pouco melhor surpreendeu-me, até porque ele não tem qualquer motivo para o fazer, pelo menos aparentemente e sem contar com a dívida que ele tem para com o Jake, por este ter mantido a Bella sã e salva ('Queres dizer "por muito que apreciasse matar-te, ainda bem que ela está quente", certo?')... Mas ainda bem que ele o fez!! Não foi só O Cão a entrar na cabeça dele, eu também :D
{ Edward let Jacob know him a little better surprised me, because he has no reason to do so, at least apparently, not counting the debt he has with the Jake, for it has maintained a sound and saves Bella ( 'You mean "as much as I'd love to kill you, I'm glad she's warm", right?')... But even though he did! Not only was the Dog to enter him in the head, I too :D }

2. Are you surprised to see Edward admitting his jealousy and showing less patience?Não muito, na verdade ele estava a tentar ser honesto para com o... Jake, e mostrar-lhe os seus sentimentos por muito pouco que fosse, essa demonstração, estava a manter a promessa que manteve com o Jacob...
{Not much, actually he was trying to be honest with . .. Jake, and show you their feelings for very little that would be, this demonstration was to keep the promise that he kept with Jacob ... }

Bem... A primeira, para mim, como é óbvio, estava fora de questão; a segunda, bem, ele podia aguentar, mas duvido muito que a Bella conseguisse... A terceira opçao é como ele diz, '... acabou por se revelar o maior erro da minha vida (...). Não funcionou e, por pouco, não nos matou aos dois.' a quarta opção é que todos querem!! Bem pelo menos os que eu conheço (que não sou muitos por sinal, é difícil encontrar alguém perto de mim que já tenha lido Stephenie Meyer... De qualquer maneira, existe pelo menos uma pessoa a partilhar a mesma opinião que eu... :D )
{Well .. The first, for me, of course, was out of the question, the second, well, he could cope, but I very much doubt that Bella could ... The third option is, like he says, '... turned out to be the biggest mistake of my life (...). It did not work and, by little, we killed the two. " The fourth option is that we all want! Well at least who I know (I am not signal for many, it is difficult to find someone near me who has already read Stephenie Meyer ... anyway, there is at least one person to share the same opinion that I ... :D ) }

A parte em que o Edward afirma que o Jacob é o melhor para a Bella, que até perguntou à Alice como seria viver sem a Bella (pensei realmente que o rapaz tivesse perdido o juízo momentaneamente!!)
{The part where Edward says that Jacob is the best for Bella, who until asked to Alice as would live without the Bella (really thought that boy had momentarily lost their wits!)}
'Nem sei como Heathcliff e Cathy acabaram por ser equiparados a outros casais como Romeu e Julieta ou Elizabeth Bennet e Mr. Darcy. Esta não é uma história de amor, é uma história de ódio.
Tu tens sérios problemas com os clássicos'
trhmllr
Learning to Love Green

Post by trhmllr »

This is one of my favorite chapters!!!!

I loved it. It showed they can be civil to each other and honest. It was nice to hear what they have to say.

No. He thinks Bella is better off with Jake, that is frustrating to him and he is jealous of what Jake can provide for Bella. He wants her to have a human life. He isn't used to bearing all his thoughts and feelings so of course that is frustrating having to explain all that. So it is understandable that he would be less patient. It makes me like him more. He is opening up and seeming more real.

They were realistic options. I understand how he came up with them and why he chose the ones he did (even if they were wrong!! New Moon as evidence!) But he chose the right one now!!

I just like how honest they were. THey weren't worried about offending one another. It was nice of Edward to let Jake inside his head instead of always seeing into other peoples. I liked that a lot.
ImageImage
la_tua_cantante
Jump Starting Bella's Truck
Location: Contemplating giving Edward baking lessons. (Austin, TX)

Post by la_tua_cantante »

HALLELUJAH. I was so glad they were honestly talking instead of trying to one up eachother or bite eachother's heads off, I can't explain it. I think they knew they needed to be honest instead of snippy because the live triangle had to come to an end.

No, not really.

I saw his point, and though I didn't agree with his options on some points, I thought he was brave to tell Jake, given what Jake could have done in response.

Just that Edward really let Jake in his head. I thought it might be foreshadowing for a better relationship going forward.
Read *Jasper Lurks*
*My FanFiction* & My LJ.
Team Edward all the way!
I. MET. ROB. PATTINSON.