Chapter by Chapter Eclipse Discussion

Moderators: December, Bronze Haired Girl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
twilightfan4ever2009
Settled in Forks

Re: Chapter 22 ~ Fire and Ice

Post by twilightfan4ever2009 »

1. What do you think about the honesty the boys show each other?
I thought it was nice to see that they can be honest even though they are a vampire and a wearwolf.

2. Are you surprised to see Edward admitting his jealousy and showing less patience?
I was suprised that he admitted his jealousy but not that he was showing less patience considering the situation and where he is at.

3. How did you feel about Edward's four options regarding Bella?
I thought it was the best option.

4. What surprised you most about the conversation they had?
How honest they were with eatch other.
And so the lion fell in love with the lamb.
rain.on.me
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by rain.on.me »

Love this chapter :mrgreen:

Its very mature of them... :D

2. Are you surprised to see Edward admitting his jealousy and showing less patience?
No. Edward's sensitive like that. Plus, they're being all open with each other...why stop now?

I thought...Edward overthinks things wayy too much :lol:

When they both agreed that they would like to be friends with one another if it weren't for the fact they were vieing for Bella's love and were mortal enemies.
MrsTaylorLautner212
Wandering Through Town

Post by MrsTaylorLautner212 »

1: The honesty was SO REFRESHING!! I mean, usually Edward is just sitting around acting like he is above everything, and Jacob's sitting there brooding. It SUCKS only knowing what Bella is thinking....they are both very complex.

2: I wasn't really surprised that Edward felt all that (He can't really be as in-control and all knowing as he pretends to be), more of that he decided to tell all of that to JACOB BLACK, of all people :!:

3: In regards to Edward's four options for Bella, I can understand why he is so torn. He doesnt want to be the one solely responsible if whatever he chooses isnt the right thing, but he doesnt want Bella to choose because she's blinded by love.

4: The thing that surprised me most about the conversation the boys had is how completely and totally honest they were to each other. I mean, they weren't being all buddy-buddy, but it was nice to see them be civil to eachother. Plus, it was fun getting in their heads for a little bit. :D
Team Jacob: Because I like my men HOT, ALIVE, and FURRY
My werewolf can beat up your vampire
BerAngelVamp
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by BerAngelVamp »

-----I think it was finally nice to get to know Edward from his OWN point of view, not the Edward that everyone else sees and experiences. I think it's nice, but i also think that maybe Jake being there to warm Bella, and the pack being there to help the Cullens, helped loosen Edward up a bit...like he owed him the honesty.

no, not surprised really...i think the other side (jacob in this case) should see the kind of sacrifices one side is making (edward in this case)...so he can either step up his "game" or back down.

um....i felt like he had a good grasp on the situation...they were all well thought out, but only one would work for them...and i'm happy about the decision that was made! :D

the part where Jacob asked Edward what it was like to lose her....i don't think i thought Jacob really loved her that much until that moment...he sounded so pitiful! i felt bad for Jacob then :( ...i also think that if edward couldn't have read jacob's thoughts, they would have never had the convo b/c jacob wouldn't have asked if edward hadn't commented that he would...
~Amber
Immy93
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by Immy93 »

I've read the seires about 3 or 4 times and thia was my favourite chapter! I loved it!
:D

I thought it was good because it showed how they really felt and it let us get into Edwards mind a bit better which I don't really think the reader got to do much.

Edward knows that Jacob has a lot more to offer than he does in the way that Bella can have a normal life with him where as wiht Edward there is constant danger unless she changes into a Vampire and that isn't exactly normal! Edward knows that the only card he has to play is the fact that Bella loves him. I think this chapter shows that Edward really truly regrets leaving, in New Moon. He can see that in his absnece Jacob and Bella grew a lot more closer than he liked but it was his fault so he can't complain! He just ahs to hope she'll carry on loving him unconditionally!

I don't think any of them are optiosn really.
1) he knows he cannot leave bella again
2) She would never grow old wiht him, she'd find someone to bite her
3) He knows that Bella would never stop loving him.

He knows that the only way is for her to turn into a vampire too and her doesn't know how to feel about it plus I think he's bluffing to Jacob a bit becuse he knwos that Jacob would hit the roof if he just clean out said "I'm turing her into a Vampire!"

Overall a fantastic chapter that left me wiht some answers for once! :lol:

ImageEdward Cullen
j_jam
Wandering Through Town
Location: Waiting for Edward to kick Bella to the curb (j/k, sort of)......in Texas

Post by j_jam »

1. What do you think about the honesty the boys show each other? I thought it was about darn time they talked to each other about their feelings for Bella and what their intentions were

2. Are you surprised to see Edward admitting his jealousy and showing less patience? Oh my, this is one of my favorite parts of the book. Edward voicing his jealousy was great and it really showed how bothered he was that Jacob could do something for Bella that Edward could not. I loved every bit of the dialogue between Edward and Jacob during this part of the chapter.

3. How did you feel about Edward's four options regarding Bella? I think they were good thoughts but he was fooling himself with most them and in the end he made the right choice.

4. What surprised you most about the conversation they had? The honesty and the way the held nothing back when it came to Bella.
My Three Favorite Couples:
Bella: "Why won't you leave me alone?"
Edward: Believe me, I wanted to say. I've tried. Oh, and also, I'm wretchedly in love with you.
BlueStarlight
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by BlueStarlight »

This is one of my most favorite chapters of the series!!!

1. What do you think about the honesty the boys show each other? I thought that it was about time we got some inkling into Edward's thoughts of Bella throughout the whole book. My heart was breaking for Edward, though. He was seeing the things that he couldn't do with or for Bella that Jake could, like keeping her warm and safe, *cough* being intimate with her. That must have been so painful for Edward to see and hear!

2. Are you surprised to see Edward admitting his jealousy and showing less patience? No, I was glad to see it. I can see Bella's perspective when she told him earlier that he had no reason to be jealous, that there was no competition between him and Jake. I think that JAKE was the one who needed to see it, to know that Edward was serious about Bella belonging to him.

3. How did you feel about Edward's four options regarding Bella? I just cried and cried when I read that part, and remembered chapter 3 of NM all over again.

4. What surprised you most about the conversation they had? I was shocked that Jake told Edward, "give me a year. I really think I could make her happy... she's stubborn... she's capable of healing." I just balked!!! How could Jake believe that?????? He saw how Bella was after the FIRST time Edward left her... did he really think that she would survive if Edward left her again, after Jake had just admitted that he could see that Edward really loved her??? Yeah, I can see how much you love her, and she loves you, but just go ahead and leave her again... really, Jake, what is wrong with you?? :D
Mrs.Cullen1710
Wandering Through Town

Post by Mrs.Cullen1710 »

1. What do you think about the honesty the boys show each other?well Edward was being honest because Jacob has no other option (Edward always knows how he feels) :D I love it that they laid it all out on the table. I wish all guys can do that :lol:

2. Are you surprised to see Edward admitting his jealousy and showing less patience?No, I think he admitted it because he felt bad that Jacob always has his feelings out and now its his turn. But he also did it to show that he will also fight for her.

3. How did you feel about Edward's four options regarding Bella? I thought it was kind of sweet that he thought of options even though some were not good but it just shows you how much thought and love he is putting in this relationship. He pick the best one! :D

4. What surprised you most about the conversation they had? How curious Jacob was about Edward feelings.
mistytwilight85
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by mistytwilight85 »

I was suprised at how honest they were being. Jacob can't really help it, because Edward hears all his thoughts anyways, but I was kind of shocked when Edward told Jacob everything. I didn't think he would open up like that.

Yes I was suprised. I didn't know Edward would share so much of himself with Jacob.

Well, I though he was just avoiding the invevitable. Alice saw Bella as a vampire already, and I always bet on alice!!! lol So I think he options were just wasting time and effort on Edwards part trying to avoid turning Bella.

I think it was how Edward opened up and told Jacob how it was losing Bella. That is really personal and I was shocked that Edward told Jake so much about himself that night.
love_his_golden_eyes
Settled in Forks

Post by love_his_golden_eyes »

Well, no not really, I don't think there was a reason for them not to be open.

Yes, I didn't think Edward could show weakness in front of Jacob. That weakness being that he was pained to think that he was not the one that could comfort bella

I felt sorry for him. Poor Edward. it pains him so much!

Edward was so open about it to Jacob, he poored all his emotions out
waiting for my edward cullen<3