Chapter by Chapter Eclipse Discussion

Moderators: December, Bronze Haired Girl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
edward x lover
Fishing with Charlie

Re: Chapter 22 ~ Fire and Ice

Post by edward x lover »

1. What do you think about the honesty the boys show each other?
I think that obv Jacob had no choice but to be honest and Edward was trying to be fair and let Jacob know about him too.

2. Are you surprised to see Edward admitting his jealousy and showing less patience?
No. Obv he's jealous. He would give anything to be a human with Bella. To be able to warm and comfort and be with her without hurting her.

3. How did you feel about Edward's four options regarding Bella?
I like that he thought everything through just like Bella did in New Moon. It shows how similar they are <3

4. What surprised you most about the conversation they had?
Hmm I'm not really sure. It was all surprising because we don't usually get to see inside Edwards head.
~Lee~
Team Ian because human guys can be perfect.
Team Edward-Bringing Sexy Back Since 1901
RDC<3
ashiekins16
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by ashiekins16 »

I liked that for once they could talk to each other and be nice..sort of. haha

2. Are you surprised to see Edward admitting his jealousy and showing less patience?
No. He's pretty mature about things.

He wanted to do whats best for Bella, and what makes her happy. It shows he cares.

I just liked hearing what Edward thought.
Randomness Regular since #7 E<3B
Team Bill...er, no Eric..no Bill.. :)
futurevampire
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by futurevampire »

It's interesting how they have a truce, when they're forced together. I like that they can actually have a conversation instead of making jabs at each other and wanting to fight. It's kind of strange how they trust each other enough to be honest...they don't really believe each other.
Not really. Jacob kind of takes away his patience...he needs all of it to just not kill him. Plus he wants Jacob to realize that he loves Bella too; I'm sure listening to someone thinking bad things about you makes you want to explain yourself to them. He wants Jacob to at least understand. When Edward doesn't think Bella's listening, he can admit his jealousy. He doesn't want to be hateful towards Jacob in front of her. He doesn't want her to realize that he thinks Jake is a threat so around her he doesn't say anything.
I think they're pretty true and thought out; he looked at all the different paths. From his perspective, none of them were really the right one...even if he thought it was the right choice, it's not the one he wanted to make. I'm glad he picked the changing her option. None of the others would have worked out right. Edward and Bella belong together.
I don't know...what Edward was really thinking through everything and how negative he could be about his future with Bella...also how he said that he could actually like Jacob. I never thought he would admit that.
Edward and Bella Forever!!!<3 :: Lexicalia :: Team Esme!
Mafia: Natalia Gravano/Nat :: I'm on The List!! ~Marisa
misskiley
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by misskiley »

I was surprised Jacob asked Edward to be honest,.. it doesn't surprise me under these circumstances that he would be honest for him.

If Edward told him he was going to be honest, I wouldn't of doubted him. He knows all of Jacob's feelings and thoughts, it probably makes Edward feel better to let Jacob know it's not so easy for him either.

They made sense. Last option of course was turning her into a vampire. They weren't surprising, they've already done all of them.

Basically that it just happened at all was amazing. What better circumstances.. who ever would have thought that this would of happened. MOST surprising was Edward admitting how jealous he was and just letting Bella go if she wanted.. but I loved how he would be just waiting around the corner for Jake to screw up,.. Because it's so true.,. Jacob could imprint on someone and end up leaving Bella without a choice.
Total Twilight Fan
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by Total Twilight Fan »

They tried to understand each others actions, and I think that was good. They weren't just a vampire and a werewolf anymore. They were real people, with real emotions to each other.

No, Edward may appear to other flawless, smooth and patient. But you just knew that underneath, It hurt to see her with Jacob.

I like that he planned, that he thought about it and tried what was best for her. Showing really, that their love was a tree to a forest.

That they came to a sort of truce, they had a real insight that they didnt have before into each other, how their minds worked. They realised that although they were meant to hate each other, they kind of earned mutual respect. The other wasnt as bad as the latter thought. Edward could see his thoughts, but not the motavation driving it.
::Team Jasper & Paul::
Sometimes life brings miracles, it brought me Twilight.
Brienna
Has Caught Sight of Edward

Post by Brienna »

I thought it was good for Jacob knowing how Edward feels. Off course Edward already knows 'everything' about Jacob, but it was good for them to really discuss it.

No, I thought it was good of him to show that he is human.

Option two was ridiculous off course. Expecting Bella to get older while he doesn't. Option three, forcing her to be without him would've been a good option, if he did it immediately. Not after attaching himself to her already. Option one, her forgetting about him, not gonna happen. From his perspective it could've worked though, if he would've kept ignoring her, which he didn't. And option four, changing her, I believe would be the best for both, only he doesn't want to accept that. I liked that he thought everything through, but it was very wrong of him deciding things without consulting her. It's their relationship and he makes to many decisions on his own.

The fact that Edward really wás honest. He could've 'played' this too.
guardian
Settled in Forks

Post by guardian »

Alphie wrote:Thanks to Be My Escape for her help!

Its great for finally both of them to finally talk see each other point of view. They get to know each other much better.
No, Edward is jealous of the feelings that Bella has for Jacob. He loves her and would prefer that she loves him and got over Jacob. He has been patient because he wants Bella to be happy but its hard i think seeing them together knowing that Bella needed Jacob and suspecting that she was partly in love with Jacob. His emotions surface more and we see him loosing his super control and becomes less patient.
Edward seems to have weighed every possible way that he could make Bella happy, he has really thought about each situation and the consequences for each. He loves Bella and wants her happy. He realises now he cannot live without her and leaves the options for Bella to choose. He picked the wrong one so he is not going to pick at all. Its Bella turn to choose which option she wants.
Jacob finally admitting that he could see that Edward loved Bella. It was like he finally sees the Edward Bella sees.
Gochiruzeru
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by Gochiruzeru »

Just glad they're not fighting.

Yes, very.

I still really want him to turn her into a vampire. LOL.

Jacob's fantasizing when Edward was in there with him. XDDD
asif
Settled in Forks

Post by asif »

I find it sort of adorable and admirable that they are capable of showing each other the amount of respect they did and admit what they did that night. As natural enemies, and one with the other's girlfriend, it must've been really hard.

I wasn't surprised when Edward admitted his jealousy; I was more surprised about the patience-part. The fact that he was jealous was obvious of course, so telling it wouldn't really make any difference. Even though it amused Jacob when Edward said it out loud, I think Jacob understands and respects him more than he likes to admit. On the other hand I thought Edward was going to be his patient self as always, so when he went all impatient and angry I was a bit surprised, yes.

First of all I thought it was cute that he had them worked out. And that he wanted to choose the first option, leaving Bella to protect her, without even thinking about himself, I think is admirable. The solution they've come up with, or the one she has come up with, is a bit sad because it has great significance to others than them as well. It's a touching and very beautiful love story.

That Edward didn't get more upset when Jacob told him that Bella could've been happier with him.
Last edited by asif on Fri Nov 11, 2011 6:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Tornado
Member: LaPush Cliff Diving Team

Post by Tornado »

I thought there was far more of it on Edward's side than Jacob's. Although at least Jake did confess that he knew that killing Edward would be wrong because it would hurt Bella. And at least he thanked Edward for being honest.

No. It was pretty clear that he was jealous. And if I was watching another man keep the woman I loved warm in a sleeping bag while I sat on the other side of a tent and listened to his thoughts, I'd probably be a little snappy too.

I had already recognised all of them. He is still clearly reluctant about the fourth one, although at least he seems to have accepted that it is necessary.

That Jake called Edward by his name.