Chapter by Chapter Eclipse Discussion

Moderators: December, Bronze Haired Girl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Sameerah
Settled in Forks

Re: Chapter 22 ~ Fire and Ice

Post by Sameerah »

1. What do you think about the honesty the boys show each other?
It was a good move for them to share their feelings with each other. I guess that their honesty helped them understand each other more, especially their feelings for bella.

2. Are you surprised to see Edward admitting his jealousy and showing less patience?
Not really. It was obvious that Edward is jealous with Bella’s relationship
with Jacob, but Edward does not want to stop her from seeing Jacob because he is her friend and he doesn’t want to hurt Bella.

3. How did you feel about Edward's four options regarding Bella?
Edward chose the right option. It was a win-win situation for him and Bella.

4. What surprised you most about the conversation they had?
Both of them were honest with each other. They shared their thoughts without hesitations. Especially Jacob, he was being open to Edward about how he felt towards Bella and her relationship with a bloodsucker. And of course, they didn’t end up ripping each other’s head off. Hehe…
KaylaMarieBlack7
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by KaylaMarieBlack7 »

I was so happy that they were able to talk about something, without getting all pissed off at each other.

2. Are you surprised to see Edward admitting his jealousy and showing less patience?
No. Why would he try to hide it when he knows that Jake already knows it.

I think they were pretty reasonable. Though number 3 really did suck and didnt work. I agree with Options 1 and 4. One because I love Jake and want him to be totally happy. And 4 because its what Bella wants.

That Edward actually considered the fact that Jake might be better for Bella than he can.
I ♥ Jacob Black.
Ever since New Moon. =]
darkdreamer
Settled in Forks

Post by darkdreamer »

I thought the edward and jacob are so honset because.... Like edward said he was gratful for jacob being in the tent but not just then, also when jacob was there when edward wasn't. Edward was happy for jacob keeping bella safe , well safe as she could ever be. And edward didn't blame jacob for falling for bella and vice versa, he blamed himself for that..... And i think jacob was so honest because he perferred to say things ont loud rather than edward reading his thoughts as jacob almost feels he has a choice to tell edward what he thinks and is not forced.

Ya, i was surprized because you almost feel as if Edward should be confident because of the amount bella loves him and i kinda forget the edward can't always tell whats going on in her mind. Also edward seems so cool headed conparing to jacob, who can't control himself half the time.

i think it was sweet because edward doesn't consider his own happiness, he just cares for Bella and her safety. Edward is really the dream guy every girl wants.

i was surprized that edward was nice to jacob, if i was edward i would have ripped his head off espeaially(sorry can't spell) after hearing his thoughts.
velvet_voice
Learning to Love Green

Post by velvet_voice »

I think it was a very wisely thing for them to do. They had to talk about their feelings to see how the other one sees the situation and that helped lessening the pain Bella was struggling with.

Honestly...not at all. Edward was never ashamed of his feelings for Bella.

Well it showed how much Edward cares about Bella, not that he hadn't show it many many times before but this showed he was really worried for her human life, he wanted her to be happy even if that meant for him to go away and leave her. He was ready to let her go if that was the best option for her.

There wasn't really anything that surprised me much but I guess the fact that they actually had this conversation
"Alice!" Jasper's voice whipped, and then he was right behind her, his hands curling over hers.
She turned her face away from me, into his chest.

E<3B
Riddalyn
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by Riddalyn »

It was amazing to listen to, totally intriguing. I was in awe over how completely honest they were with each other, for the first and most likely final time.

No. He didn't think Bella could hear... he really didn't have any reason to keep it quiet that night.

It made me sad. It was sad that he'd put so much thought into never being with her at all, to leaving her, and that it took him so long to discover that the last option was the only one that made enough sense... the only one Bella could live with, and in truth, the only one he could live with.

The fact that Edward admitted that he knows Jacob would be good for Bella. The fact that he knows she would have a totally different future with Jacob, and that if Bella wanted that, he would let it happen.
Team Jake - Because I Can Take The HEAT
edwardislove
Wandering Through Town

Post by edwardislove »

I felt happy about that part. my mom walked by my room and was like go to bedd right when i was reading it. and i was like.. now? :lol: but yeah. completely stunning :D

NO! It's about time.

The first alternative, having bella get over him, i was seriously shocked he ever considered. they were unconditionably attracted to each other, most likely, by the time he thought about this, right? get real, edward. :roll:

The second, staying with her throughout her human life, I would be happy with. I mean, I wanted her to be a vampire and all, but that would be cool. Only thing I would be worried about is when she died. edward would go to the volturi again, without bella to stop him. and we all know that bella would never let him die for her. :?

The third alternative, taking him out of her life. NONOONNNNOOOO. that's pretty much all I have on the subject. happened once, better not happen again. :P

And the fourth. Her becoming a vampire. I really always liked this one the best. Haha. Don't we all, though? ;) Well, almost all of us haha.

Actually, the options part of the conversation. I really wasnt expecting Edward to share anything like that with, of all people, Jacob. :shock:
E♥B

"Does she even like Italian?" (Rosalie)
"Her name's Bella. I'm sure she'll love it." (Emmett)
tnwebdms1993
Settled in Forks

Post by tnwebdms1993 »

I love their honesty towards each other because they finally get to admit their views and points about each other.

Definetely not! It's about time that he tell Jacob how he really feels about him. I could always tell throughout the book that Edward was truly jealous of all the time Bella was spending with Jacob.

I personally think his choice was the right one.

It's not that I was surprised but I love the part when Jacob was cuddling with Bella in her sleeping bag and Edward was like 'You have no idea how much I wish I could do what your doing for her, mongrel.' I lovedddddd that part because I think it shows how much Edward wishes he could be in Jacob's place, keeping Bella warm.
ThisStoryOfLove
Learning to Love Green

Post by ThisStoryOfLove »

I was thrilled that they were finally talking things out! After reading all of the books multiple times I just knew that if each one understood the others reasoning on his decisions than they might have gotten along much better. And while they didn't at first, we know that it eventually changes in BD and I think that this scene was crucial to that.

Not really, Edward has always been open and honest about a lot of things so why shouldn't it be the same way with Jacob? To me is obvious that he was jealous and loosing patience, and I think that Jacob kind of knew it as well, he just verbalized it.

I was very happy that he chose the option that he did. It was the only right option and the only right way in my mind for him and Bella to be together

That they had it while Bella was lying right there! How were they so sure that she couldn't hear them? Unless, on some level they both kind of wanted Bella to hear them since they were both trying to show who loved her more. As we know, Bella was half awake and half asleep during the conversation...

"Oh, and also, I'm wretchedly in love with you."
-Edward, Midnight Sun
copper curls
Welcoming Newbies with Cheers and Emmett-hugs

Post by copper curls »

I think that their honesty stemmed from their love for Bella. I think that they were trying to justify their own love for her, and at the same time, were trying to understand why she loved them both. If they had tried to understand each other's motives earlier, I think there would have been less tension and hostility.

Not really, no. It always seemed to me as if there was something underlying everything he said to Bella when they spoke about Jacob, so hearing him admit it was a bit of a relief, because you weren't just assuming anymore. I was glad that he could be so honest to Jacob about it, though.

I was actually kind of happy to know that he hadn't only considered options that had selfish motivations. I think that this let us see the true extent of his love for Bella, in that he would hurt himself if he thought it was what was right for her.

What surprised me the most was when Jacob and Edward discuss what Bella's life would be like if she were with Jake. They could both see it so clearly -- it made me wonder how long they'd each been thinking about it. Probably a long time, is my guess, and that makes me kind of sad. I don't think of either of them as monsters -- they shouldn't either. :|
PM me for this stamp! | Cam is my TwiTwin | EDC/CS & OC | Mafia Mentors | Asst. Manager CCB&B | Team Leah | APPC Platinum Member | Welcome Wagon | MSV
YouAreMyLifeNow
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by YouAreMyLifeNow »

I was really surprised how honest they were.

I had always thought of Jacob as the jealous one, so ya i was surprised

I think he should have just relized that he and Bella should be together forever, and not left her in New Moon

The whole thing was pretty surprising to me.

Sorry i had longer answers but my computer is not being nice and keeps having problems and i didn't really feel like typing them all out again, so those are my answers, basicly summerized.
I know i spell bad
Twi Mafia~Sarina Santoro
Twilight lover: Because sometimes fantasy is better than reality