Chapter by Chapter Eclipse Discussion

Moderators: December, Bronze Haired Girl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
amulaya
Buying a Better Raincoat

Re: Chapter 21 ~ Trails

Post by amulaya »

1. What is it about Edward and Jake that makes their answer to Bella’s request that they stay behind and not fight different? Would Jake’s answer be different if Edward were not in the picture?
I think that if Edward wasn't there Jake wold have taken off to fight.

2. Is there something more to why Jake doesn’t step into the role of Alpha Male? Will he decide to become chief later on?
I think he doesn't want the responsibility. I wouldn't either if I were him.

3. Why is the wedding so important to Alice? Is her motivation truly for Bella’s (eventual) happiness or is she being selfish in wanting to coordinate a big event?
I think she is being Alice. There is no reigning her in... lmao
"So, who's gonna catch me a grizzly bear?" - Bella
twilightfan4ever2009
Settled in Forks

Post by twilightfan4ever2009 »

3. Why is the wedding so important to Alice? Is her motivation truly for Bella’s (eventual) happiness or is she being selfish in wanting to coordinate a big event?
I think its just how Alice is. If there is a chance to plan any type of party she wants to plan it. She wanted a party for Bella's birthday, graduation and now she has a chance to plan a wedding and she wants to plan it. Alice always wants to make Bella happy and she knows that the wedding will make her happy.
And so the lion fell in love with the lamb.
rain.on.me
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by rain.on.me »

1. What is it about Edward and Jake that makes their answer to Bella’s request that they stay behind and not fight different? Would Jake’s answer be different if Edward were not in the picture?
Edward is in love with Bella. Jake loves Bella. Plus, Edward is more sensitive, and a bit of a push-over when it comes to Bella. Jake is stubborn, selfish, and thoughtless.

2. Is there something more to why Jake doesn’t step into the role of Alpha Male? Will he decide to become chief later on?
He's a puuuuussssayyyyy. Just kidding. :mrgreen:

A bit of both...but definately mostly she just wants to plan and decorate :P
BlueStarlight
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by BlueStarlight »

1- What is it about Edward and Jake that makes their answer to Bella’s request that they stay behind and not fight different? Would Jake’s answer be different if Edward were not in the picture? Edward is desperately in love with Bella; he has a strong love for his family, but it isn't the same bond he shares with Bella, his mate. He said earlier that vampires do not live together permanently like the Cullens do; most covens are small. If it comes down to a fight, a vampire will chose its mate over anyone else. Jake loves Bella, but he doesn't share a bond with her like he shares with his "family," the pack. Jake sees it as his duty to protect the tribe, the people of the area. He is still mortal, so he will always have that connection to them. Edward is immortal, and even though he feels differently about humans because he doesn't feed on them, his concern is not necessarily for the humans. Edward will protect what is "his" (Bella) in a fight; Jake will protect what is "his" (the pack). No, I think Jake would still go fight if Edward weren't in the picture.

2- Is there something more to why Jake doesn’t step into the role of Alpha Male? Will he decide to become chief later on? I didn't really think about this the first time I read it.

3- Why is the wedding so important to Alice? Is her motivation truly for Bella’s (eventual) happiness or is she being selfish in wanting to coordinate a big event? Aw, Alice! I love her! I think it's because she doesn't have any human memories. I'm sure there are things she wishes she could remember from her mortal life. You know, I just thought of this, too. Alice knows what it's like to be stuck forever in that certain age range, keeping up the charade of blending in with the humans, having to go through highschool over and over, not really ever progressing. Bella doesn't see the Cullen life this way yet; she just sees forever with Edward. I think Alice is right; she and Edward could get married after she were Changed or elope in Vegas, but it wouldn't be the same as having a wedding, a memorable event. Alice will be Alice, so she wants to make it a special occasion that Bella and Edward wouldn't forget.
mistytwilight85
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by mistytwilight85 »

1- What is it about Edward and Jake that makes their answer to Bella’s request that they stay behind and not fight different? Would Jake’s answer be different if Edward were not in the picture?

I think Jake would go no matter if Edward was there or not, that's just who he is. Plus he is in a pack, and he has to fight with the pack to protect his people. Edward will do ANYTHING for Bella. He doesn't care what it is, he will do it. He loves Bella above all else.

2- Is there something more to why Jake doesn’t step into the role of Alpha Male? Will he decide to become chief later on?

The first time I read Eclipse I didn't really think about it.

3- Why is the wedding so important to Alice? Is her motivation truly for Bella’s (eventual) happiness or is she being selfish in wanting to coordinate a big event?

I truely think Alice feels that Bella will appreciate it someday. She wouldn't do this if it really hurt Bella. I think that dhe knows Bella will really appreciate it later on. But then again, she loves parties and setting up all of it, but that was just a plus. She really does want to make Bella happy.
KaylaMarieBlack7
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by KaylaMarieBlack7 »

1- What is it about Edward and Jake that makes their answer to Bella’s request that they stay behind and not fight different? Would Jake’s answer be different if Edward were not in the picture?
Well of course Edward will do anything for Bella. And as long as Bella asks him to stay he would. I think that Jakes answer would be a lot different if Edward wasnt in the picture. He is in love with her, and he doesnt want to have to sit there with Bella and Edward all happy together.

2- Is there something more to why Jake doesn’t step into the role of Alpha Male? Will he decide to become chief later on?
I dont think that there is anything else. He doensnt want to have to boss everyone around and make them listen to him. He doesnt like that part of being an Alpha. I dont think he will become chief later on.

3- Why is the wedding so important to Alice? Is her motivation truly for Bella’s (eventual) happiness or is she being selfish in wanting to coordinate a big event?
She really want to coordinate a big event. Thats how she is lol. Plus she does think that Bella will like it more if they make something big out of it.
I ♥ Jacob Black.
Ever since New Moon. =]
Riddalyn

Post by Riddalyn »

Jacob is so eager to fight and be in the spot of glory. Not that he's vain or a diva or anything. But he's very eager to do his job. Edward is too, but he's much more eager to prove to Bella that he'll never leave her again, even if it is what he needs to do. I'm almost one hundred percent sure that Jacob would have stayed if Edward either wasn't in her life at all (shudder) or if Edward had gone to the clearing.

I think he honestly doesn't want that much power. Sam was the first to change, the first to take charge... he should keep that title.

Because she's Alice, for heaven's sake! Like she could ever keep her hands off of a big event for even two seconds. Both, always both. Of course Bella would love a big wedding in the end, it's the only real one she gets before time and events don't mean as much anymore. But Alice always wants to coordinate a big event, so it's a little selfish. She did not play fair in getting Bella to agree, that's for sure.
Team Jake - Because I Can Take The HEAT
copper curls
Welcoming Newbies with Cheers and Emmett-hugs

Post by copper curls »

I think that the difference between Jake and Edward is that Edward exists for Bella, and Jacob is trying to exist with Bella. Edward is staying because he thinks that Bella will react badly if he doesn't, which is true, but she has selfish motivations. Jake, on the other hand, Is trying to prove to Bella that nothing bad is going to happen, and that he's able to take care of himself. They're both trying to take care of her, but in different ways. Even if Edward wasn't in the picture, I think Jacob's answer would still be the same, just because he's trying to correct the way Bella perceives things, whereas Edward just accepts them as the truth from Bella's point of view.

Absolutely. I think that Jacob is sort of... how do I say it...? Quietly rejecting being a werewolf, I guess. Like how he tried to explain to Bella that he was more human than Edward, I think he's trying to stay connected to Bella in remaining as human as possible.

I think that Alice is so intense about the wedding not only because she likes to do events, (although that is a part of it) but because this is her way of showing how much both Edward and Bella mean to her. She's been Edward's sister for years, and she must have seen Bella in his future in some way, so even before they became friends, Alice would have already loved Bella like her sister. So I think that she's just giving them the most elaborate wedding present / "I Love You" gift ever. :D
PM me for this stamp! | Cam is my TwiTwin | EDC/CS & OC | Mafia Mentors | Asst. Manager CCB&B | Team Leah | APPC Platinum Member | Welcome Wagon | MSV
Elisabeth33

Post by Elisabeth33 »

I don't know why Jake is so happy to be going to fight and Edward would rather keep her happy.

No, I can't think of anything more to it. Maybe, he will become chief later, maybe not.

She's being selfish, she loves to plan a party. She would have been just as happy after 50 years if she decided to marry Edward all on her own, rather than Alice pushing her into it.
zoelynn602
Wandering Through Town

Post by zoelynn602 »

jake will do more of what he wants, and Edward does what is best for Bella.

I don't think he wants the responsibility of being an alpha.

I think it is a little bit of both, but Alice can see the future, she does know what will make Bella happy in the future.
I cannot live in a world where you don't exist...