Chapter by Chapter Eclipse Discussion

Moderators: December, Bronze Haired Girl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Dovrebanen
Red-Eyed Vampire

Re: Chapter 21 ~ Trails

Post by Dovrebanen »

1- What is it about Edward and Jake that makes their answer to Bella’s request that they stay behind and not fight different? Would Jake’s answer be different if Edward were not in the picture?
Edward would do absolutely anything to make Bella happy. And he knows what happened the last time he left, and he is not going to let that happen again. His whole existence centers around keeping her happy and safe. And they have this unbreakable bond between them. And that is why he stayed when she wanted him to, she is the most important person in the world to him. Jacob's personality tells me that he would fight no matter what, even if there where no Edward. He can't see how scared Bella is, and he thinks the fight will be fun so he would not miss it. And with Jacob, there is also the demands of the pack. So he probably couldn't sit out anyway. But that doesn't matter, since I don't think he even wanted to. And since Jacob has never experienced the kind of relationship that Bella and Edward has, he can't understand that Edward sits out.

2- Is there something more to why Jake doesn’t step into the role of Alpha Male? Will he decide to become chief later on?
I don't think he was ready for the responsibility. He didn't want the others to rely on him. He still had not totally accepted that he was a werewolf, and taking on the Alpha role would make it more definite. Having read BD I know what happens.

3- Why is the wedding so important to Alice? Is her motivation truly for Bella’s (eventual) happiness or is she being selfish in wanting to coordinate a big event?
I don't think that Alice is selfish. She loves these kind of things, but she is not doing it just for herself. She really wants Bella to have the best wedding possible. But I also think that she is doing it for Edward, creating the wedding of his dreams (even if he would marry Bella anywhere). And I think that Alice deserves to be allowed to do this, because she was deprived of so much in her human life. She deserves to be happy.
Rob's Halfway House ~ Team Edward ~ Cullenist ~
sazykid
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by sazykid »

1- What is it about Edward and Jake that makes their answer to Bella’s request that they stay behind and not fight different? Would Jake’s answer be different if Edward were not in the picture?
Edward knows what it does to Bella when he leaves for even short periods of time so he wouldn't want to put Bella through that again. He has also probably thought about what it would be like for him if she were to go and risk her life. Edward's main concern is that Bella is safe and happy, he can accomplish both of those things by staying with her instead of going to fight. Jake is young and thinks fighting is the best way to show Bella how he feels and to keep her safe. He can't understand how worried she is beause he doesn't have the maturity to know that yet. He hasn't experienced what it is like to lose someone like Bella did when Edward left. I think Jake would have gone to fight even if Edward weren't around because that is just how his thought process works.

2- Is there something more to why Jake doesn’t step into the role of Alpha Male? Will he decide to become chief later on?
Jake is only 16 and I don't think he wants the responsibilty of being in charge of people and their safety. Being responsible for the pack and protecting others is a big responsiblity and maybe Jake isn't ready for that. Already read BD so i'll keep my mouth shut on the second question.

3- Why is the wedding so important to Alice? Is her motivation truly for Bella’s (eventual) happiness or is she being selfish in wanting to coordinate a big event?
There could be a few reasons the wedding is so important to Alice. She does not remember her human life at all and she loves to plan events. This way she can experience planning a wedding and have fun planning a big party. I think it is also important to Alice to plan the wedding for Edward. She knows him better than anyone, including Bella in some areas. Alice knows that Edward would want a traditional wedding because that is the kind of guy he is. And lastly, I think Alice is doing it for Bella too. Bella may think that it's dumb and unnecessary to have a big wedding now, but later she would regret not having a traditional wedding. Besides, Alice of all people would know if Bella would regret a decision later lol, she would want to prevent that regret.
Tonya

Post by Tonya »

1- What is it about Edward and Jake that makes their answer to Bella’s request that they stay behind and not fight different? Would Jake’s answer be different if Edward were not in the picture? They are just completely different people. Jake is still a kid and that is how a kid would react. He also believes Bella is being stupid for worrying so much and that he would be a coward if he didn't fight. I really think Edward knows Bella better and he knows what she will do if he leaves her. He's prtecting Bella and ultimately that's what this whole fight is about.

2- Is there something more to why Jake doesn’t step into the role of Alpha Male? Will he decide to become chief later on? Jake doesn't really like to be the spotlight. He doesn't want all the responsibility. No I never thought he would be willing to take over. Though he is a leader he doesn't really like the "followers" that would come with it all.

3- Why is the wedding so important to Alice? Is her motivation truly for Bella’s (eventual) happiness or is she being selfish in wanting to coordinate a big event? I think Alice tries to tell herself she knows what's best for Bella but really she is being selfish. She loves this stuff. I don;t understand why she can't go through herself a big wedding and leave Bella alone. I don't particularly agree that Bella would be happy with a Vegas wedding in the long run, just a small gathering with the Cullen's and her parents. Some people just don;t like all that attention.
you.are.my.heroin

Post by you.are.my.heroin »

Edward has left Bella before and I don't think he ever good again, and Jake well Jake is stubborn and does what he wants. And yeah he would of stayed if Edward wasn't there.

Ha ha ha Breaking Dawn how I love it.

She never got to have one, and she loves to be in charge.
**Kathryn**
Jazzy'sgirl112108
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by Jazzy'sgirl112108 »

yep. their descisions depend a lot on each other. and if either one had been taken out of the picture, it would've been a lot different.

i've read breaking dawn, so i know what happens. but what i thought before was some how he'll get paul or embry to become leader. but i didnt see him becoming leader anytime soon.

i think she had anticipted planning this wonderful event, but bella hadnt decided to not have a wedding. so when that dissappeared from her sight, all her plans went down the drain and that dissappointed her.....poor alice.
Betting on Alice.
openfire
Touched By Cold Hands

Post by openfire »

Edward would do anything for Bella, any request that she asked of him. Especially, if he was feeling guilty about leaving her in New Moon. Jacob however, while he does care for Bella very much, he also would enjoy the fight with the Newborns too much to miss. Even if Bella did beg him to stay. I don't think he would stay with her, even if Edward wasn't there - he wants to fight too much! Although, I do think that he would ensure Bella was somewhere safe before he left to join the fight.

I think he's a bit embarrassed. And I don't think he would be comfortable giving out orders etc, plus all the responsibilies etc. He is very young!

I think she is actually looking out for Bella. It's true, in years to come, Bella would regret not making the most of her human life, and celebrating her love for Edward with her friends and family. Of course, I'm sure Alice also wants to plan the big wedding too! LOL
Banner by the super talented TammyAZ!
edward x lover
Fishing with Charlie

Post by edward x lover »

Well if Edward were not in the picture there would be no fight :) But I think that Jacob can see through Bella's stress and see that she's being silly whilst Edward wants to stay with her just as much and doesn't want Bella to be worried, so he takes himself out which in the end turns out to be the best idea

I think he doesn't want to be chief because he doesnt want this life. He wants to go back to the way he and Bella were before he was wolfed up. He doesn't want to be alpha because he doesn't want to be a wolfy.

Hmm this is a tough one. I think a little of both. Alice loves planning things and knows that Edward would want a traditional wedding too. And also because she never got to have a human wedding and is trying to give Bella all the humanly happiness she thinks Bella should have.
~Lee~
Team Ian because human guys can be perfect.
Team Edward-Bringing Sexy Back Since 1901
RDC<3
futurevampire
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by futurevampire »

I don't know...Edward's more concerned with what Bella wants and gives her everything she asks for, to some extent. Jacob's more...hmm...he doesn't care so much what she wants him to do, because she doesn't want to actually be with him.
If Edward were not in the picture this wouldn't have happened. Jacob and Bella would just be normal humans.

I think he pretty much explained it...I don't think he'll ever want to be chief, he'd rather be with Renesmee.
She does want to make Bella happy...but I think it's mostly just that she wants to plan a big party. That's Alice. I love her so much.
Edward and Bella Forever!!!<3 :: Lexicalia :: Team Esme!
Mafia: Natalia Gravano/Nat :: I'm on The List!! ~Marisa
misskiley

Post by misskiley »

No,.. I don't think Jake would have stayed with Bella no matter what. He is not so sensitive with her. He also never hurt her the way that Edward did.

I didn't think he'd ever become chief. It doesn't surprise me either that Jake doesn't want to be in charge,.. it's something he could do, but Sam definitely comes of as a leader.

She wants to coordinate! I'm sure in hundreds of years Bella will be happy with the wedding and that all her friends and family got to see it,.. but I'm pretty sure Alice's main motivation is selfish.
Brienna
Has Caught Sight of Edward

Post by Brienna »

Jake would do the same even if Edward wasn't there. He would want to fight. He wants an active role in keeping Bella save. Edward realizes that by being with her, he is keeping her save from her own mind.

No idea.

I think that for Alice this is the first 'real' wedding after her own. Off course Rose and Emmett get married a lot and maybe even Carlisle and Esme did it a few times. But this would be the first first wedding for Alice. I felt her motivation was more selfish than for Bella.