Settled in Forks

Re: Chapter 20 ~ Compromise

Post by jasperhale003 »

I like this chapter.
WithThePack
Settled in Forks

Post by WithThePack »

1. I think that she might be afraid to marry Edward because of what other people think. We know that she loves him so it's not like she has cold feet about the relationship. But maybe she's afraid of commitment . ? Hmmmm....

2. I like their jump in intamacy because it's shows how Edward has desires taht human men want. Which makes him feel more real. Even though the lust between them is a little awwkward, I think that maybe it's a good decission to make love while Bella is still human. He says that he wants her to experience everything she can while she is still human. Shouldn't doing that count as something that she needs to experience?

3. I don't know about all vampires having a soul. But it seems like the Cullen/Hale's do. Edward obviously is a real gentleman. Emmett just seems like the loveable older brother who I would want to watch football with. Esme and Carlise seem like the ideal parents in the story. But I think that Jasper may have the deepest soul in the entire story. I mean, look at what he's been through, and how he looks at things. And Rosalie... I think that she has a soul...but it's just really dark. As for Edward I think he has a soul. Why would someone without one be so... I don't know.... caring and gentle and stuff? It seems perfectly logical to me!
Riddalyn
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by Riddalyn »

1. Can you see why Bella is afraid to marry Edward? Is it something that would affect your decision to get married at a young age?
I can't, actually. It's not as if she's not already planning on spending eternity with Edward.

2. The intimacy level between Edward and Bella really jumps up a notch here. How did you feel about that? How do you feel about their decision to try to make love while Bella was still human?
Well, I felt like it was fair for Bella. Because she is genuinely worried about not being able to do the deed right away once she becomes a vampire. And there's that whole teenage hormones like to rage out of control thing. But, I wish that there was a way that Edward could feel comfortable about it.

3. Again the question arises about Edward having a soul. What do you think about this subject? Do vampires have souls?
I think so. Let's say you believe that humans have souls before they die, and their souls... escape, I guess.. their bodies and go wherever it is they go. Well, when Edward, or any other vampire, was changed, I don't think his soul went anywhere. It's still there, in his body, and I think that's what helps them to be what they are, living dead, I guess. A vampire's soul is as present and corruptible as a humans, I think.
Team Jake - Because I Can Take The HEAT
ChristinasHeadache
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by ChristinasHeadache »

1. Can you see why Bella is afraid to marry Edward? Is it something that would affect your decision to get married at a young age?
No, I got married at 17. Course that was forever ago. I knew I loved him, and wanted him forever, and he wasn't even Edward!

2. The intimacy level between Edward and Bella really jumps up a notch here. How did you feel about that? How do you feel about their decision to try to make love while Bella was still human?
I was excited! lol I love mushy romance.

3. Again the question arises about Edward having a soul. What do you think about this subject? Do vampires have souls?
I don't know that anyone has a soul. Whatever a soul is, almost everyone has a different concept of them. I mentioned in another reply somewhere that this part of the books was the only thing that got under my skin. Merely because I do not have a religion or a faith.
eliselovesedwardx is my TwiTwin!
E<3B Team Edward, Knight in Shiny Volvo!
WreckingBall Operator in EDC Inc.~Lets break down some houses!~
Jr Staff Supervisor in Wingtear's Non-Veggie Vamp Cafe
Elisa the Spanker in Twilight Mafia

RebeccaCullen
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by RebeccaCullen »

Somewhat. Her parents married young and get divorced, she had to split her time between two homes. With her mom, she had grown up around someone who regretted getting married young. But she was going to be with Edward forever and it shouldn't have made a difference. I probably would wait a few more years to make sure that this was the guy I really wanted before I got married because marriage is a big step.

I was in between. I wanted to see Bella and Edward get close, but I wasn't sure how close I wanted to see them. I was surprised that they even agreed to make love while she was still human because they didn't know what would happen.

I think it depends on how they choose to live. The Cullens and Tanya and co. drink animal blood instead of human blood, and they care about human life. They didn't choose this life, yet they are making the best of it.
ThisStoryOfLove
Learning to Love Green

Post by ThisStoryOfLove »

I thought that it was really, well, stupid that she was having such a problem agreeing to marry him. I mean come on you are willing to give up your friends and family for this guy and you won't even marry him? If I was going to become a vampire after I married Edward, then yes, I would have married him and not made such a big deal out of it.

I was so excited that this was finally happening. I feel like this huge step forward shows how much they really love each other. Bella has to literally trust Edward with her life...

I think that like humans, some are good and some are bad. Example: The Cullen's=good, and James/Victoria=Bad. Which means to me that The Cullen's have souls because at least they try to be good, and James/Victoria didn't because they were evil on top of being a vampire.

"Oh, and also, I'm wretchedly in love with you."
-Edward, Midnight Sun
Davnee
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by Davnee »

Before I answer the questions posed for this chapter, my inner teen wishes to escape for just a moment and say "Ohmigod, I freakin love Edward Cullen!!!!! He is the perfect boy and I will heart his cold pale face forever!"

Alright, I'm back. :D Onto the questions.

Honesty I think it's an irrational fear because she is so worried what her family and friends will think, she's not really seeing the bigger picture. Eventually she will have to disappear from their lives anyway so this fear of marriage is a moot point. I mean, she and Edward are planning to be together forever anyway so why not just get married if it makes him happy. He's willing to turn her into a vampire which is something he's not pleased about so sooner or later she's going to have to live up to her part of the bargain.

I felt a bit of anticipation mixed with fear. Anything can go right or wrong in this situation. I'm concerned about their consummating the relationship while she is human. Not to be graphic but his vampire instincts could just automatically kick in once her virginity is gone and the blood begins to flow. What then?

Edward has a conscience which is clear in every scene we see. He's a genuinely good, giving, caring person. No one without a soul could pull those qualities off as well as he does. He has a soul, he just doesn't know it. By far my favorite chapter of the book so far.
Elisabeth33
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by Elisabeth33 »

Yes, I can see why and I would be afraid if my mother had been the same way.

I like reading about their increased intimacy. And I was a little worried, again, about Edward's self control. I am beginning to think I have no confidence in him. How sad is that? :(

Yes, I think vampires have a soul, but only Tanya's family and Edward's (so far) will go to a good place if they die. They're the only ones trying not to kill people after all.
zoelynn602
Wandering Through Town

Post by zoelynn602 »

yes i can understand her point but it would not have affected my decision, i would do what is in the best interests of myself and my mate.

I knew it was coming sooner or later, it was nice to see, and their decision is based on trust that they really do have, they will be fine.

3. Again the question arises about Edward having a soul. What do you think about this subject? Do vampires have souls
Yes, Edward has a soul, a souless creature would not be able to love someone the way Edward loves Bella.
I cannot live in a world where you don't exist...
cara89felicia
Settled in Forks

Post by cara89felicia »

i can understand why she wouldn't want to marry edward so young. it makes sense in this day and age. however, if it were me and someone loved me like that... nothing could stop me from walking down that isle. i don't think love has a time limit no matter what time you're from. and when you know you've found that person, why wait? i realize she was worried people would think she was pregnant, but it would be pretty obvious that she didn't have a child nine months later. obviously thats not counting in the surprise nessie from BD. but, even with nessie, no one would really believe that nessie was her child nine months later looking at her age. it just wouldn't make sense!(to humans that is.) but regaurdless, she was planning on becoming a vamp right after the wedding so she wasn't going to have to be around all the people that were 'judgeing' her anyway.

i loved it ;) it's my favorite chapter of the book. it's intimate yes... but thats what a relationship is. i think that bella realized that while she was excited to become a vamp, she did have a human experience she wanted to have first. it's not her fault that edwards main arguing point for staying human backfired on him. he tried to get her to consider the human experiences she would want so she did, and she came up with one. end of story. and honestly if it were me, i wouldn't mind a few bitten pillows haha.

edward, and the cullens, definitly have souls. there is no question in my mind about it. your thoughts, your emotions and the things that make you who you are, are all a part of your soul. not your brain. and like bella said and the end of new moon, edward knows he has a soul too, he's just too stubborn to admit it. there is no way that they could lead the selfless lives they've chosen to lead if they didn't have souls. a soulless person wouldn't care for the lives of the humans. all evidence points to yes :)