Chapter by Chapter Eclipse Discussion

Moderators: December, Bronze Haired Girl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
LaTuaCantante1
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Re: Chapter 19 ~ Selfish

Post by LaTuaCantante1 »

1. Is it selfish of Bella to ask Edward to sit out the battle, knowing that it will increase the danger to the rest of his family?

i think it is, but all the same i would have done it too. theres no way i would have let him go knowing there was a chance of him not coming back no matter how small that chance was.

2. When Bella asks Edward to sit out the battle for her, he looks into her eyes for a long time. She sees his eyes "tighten with some emotion I couldn't read" before he picks up the phone to call Alice and make the necessary arrangements. What do you think was going through his mind?

i think it was that old guilt of leaving the first time. he didnt see it first hand but he saw how bella was through alices eye and through jacobs and saw how big of a mess she was. i think he was thinking of that and didnt want to make her feel that way again.

3. Do Edward and Alice really believe the danger from the newborns is as trivial as they say, or are they trying to make Bella feel better?
i think its a little bit of both. they wanted her to not worry and at the same time they knew there was no danger because if there was edward would have fought by his familys side.

4. Why do you think Bella feels it’s more like being with the old Jake -- “easy, effortless, as natural as breathing in and out” -- when he is in wolf form?

i think its cuz he cant say all of those things that make her mad, emmbarrase her, or make her sad. its like the old days when they were just friends and he hadnt announced his love for her.
Stacia

Post by Stacia »

1. Is it selfish of Bella to ask Edward to sit out the battle, knowing that it will increase the danger to the rest of his family?
No. The Cullens aren't really in any danger and like Edward said, they have to compromise.

2. When Bella asks Edward to sit out the battle for her, he looks into her eyes for a long time. She sees his eyes "tighten with some emotion I couldn't read" before he picks up the phone to call Alice and make the necessary arrangements. What do you think was going through his mind?
He's not used to sitting out on the action. He wants to protect Bella and keep her safe but he also wants to fight to keep her safe. Bella had told him that she couldn't bear being without him again, with him leaving her; Edward was probably thinking of what happened the last time he left and what would happen to Bella if something bad did happen to him.

3. Do Edward and Alice really believe the danger from the newborns is as trivial as they say, or are they trying to make Bella feel better?
I think it's a bit of both. I think deep down they are a bit frightened for Bella's sake because she could die, they really can't. But also, the danger probably wasn't going to be that insurmountable either.

4. Why do you think Bella feels it’s more like being with the old Jake -- “easy, effortless, as natural as breathing in and out” -- when he is in wolf form?

Cause he can't say idiotic things to her when he's in his wolf form! :D
Venecettia
Playing the Stockmarket with Alice

Post by Venecettia »

1. I know Bella doesn't want Edward to get hurt or anything, but I think she is being very selfish. There are plenty other people that could sit out and make sure she is safe.

2. I thought he wanted to stay with Bella, but still wanted to fight. So I think he was deciding which to do.

3. I think they are just making Bella feel better.

4. One, he can't talk or argue with Bella, and two, it is probably easier to like him that way.
kaitlyncullen
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by kaitlyncullen »

yeah i think she's being selfish! okay, so she loves edward, doesnt want him to get hurt, blah blah blah, he's one of the strongest vampires and she's taking that away from the cullens for when they do need to fight.

i think he was contemplating what to do, he wants to stay with bella, but also wants to fight the people that want to hurt her.

well, somewhat, i think they believe they can defeat them but many things can happen so it's hard to know. and also protecting bella was on the top of their lists and she's the most fragile of them all.

he can't talk, plain and simple.
Private Kaitlyn Cullen of Jasper's Army.
"Forged in war, born of death, saved by love." - Jackson Rathbone. <3
darkrider
Red-Eyed Vampire

Post by darkrider »

i don'lt know. I have mixed feelings over that. i was happy that there was no way he was going to get hurt. but i was surprised that he stayed.
My twinnie and my fav twi guy=meteor
Randomness Reggie! BACK in...dark?
Emmett's Demolition Crew:Trainee
Team Edmartt! <<for the clueless, edward+emmett
vamps4evr
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by vamps4evr »

truthfully yes, would I do the same thing YES!!! so I can't say i blame her!

He really didn't want to sit this out, makes him feel like a coward - so to say...HE always wants to be the one to make things right w/ those that threaten Bella - BUT he knows her too!! and he said it, she told him the 2 ways she could live with this fight, and he took the one he wanted from that!! that is what love and compromise is all about!

3. Do Edward and Alice really believe the danger from the newborns is as trivial as they say, or are they trying to make Bella feel better? I think they are fairly positive, but I think that it is somewhat an little more of an act for bella as well!

he can't talk his "bloodsucker" crap!! LOL
spookybell
Part of Carlisle's Clan

Post by spookybell »

. Is it selfish of Bella to ask Edward to sit out the battle, knowing that it will increase the danger to the rest of his family? It was selfish because she was thinking of herself, but she was thinking about how she felt in her heart. Edward is not worth living without.

"Anything for you bella, I aore you yo the deepest pits of my nody, you are my everything

I think that all know the Danger and seriousness of it.
[/color]
Sometimes I am not satisfied with my signature!
LavendarRain
Wandering Through Town

Post by LavendarRain »

i have mixed feelings about this also but i truly think that even though Bella doesnt realize that she has the ability to see or sence what is going to happen

i think he saw what losing him did to her the first time when she went into shock in the woods and he just couldnt bring himself to do that to her again

i think they knew that they could handle things and that they may have been just a wee bit over confident the true threat was Victoria

because he cant open his mouth and ruin it lol lets all admit that men can sometimes spoil the mood just by speaking :lol:
Twilightlover101

Post by Twilightlover101 »

Yes, it was quite selfish.

Mmm, he was probably thinking of the last time he left her. Poor guy who needs to remember that.

Trying to calm bella down the girl hyperventilates about every little thing best not to give her a heart attack.

Because he can't talk so he's sarcastic remarks aren't there.
amulaya
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by amulaya »

Yes, it was. But I can understand her reasons. And am glad that she did.

Either what Jacob showed him about Bella after he left the last time, or some kind of fear for his family. They could have used his abilities...

A little of both, I think.

Because she can't see or feel his animosity towards her and the vampires while he is in wolf form. He can't ruin it with talking.
"So, who's gonna catch me a grizzly bear?" - Bella