Chapter by Chapter Eclipse Discussion

Moderators: December, Bronze Haired Girl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
spookybell
Part of Carlisle's Clan

Re: Chapter 16 ~ Epoch

Post by spookybell »

1. When Bella made the connection between the thief and the Seattle newborns, were you surprised? If not, when did you figure it out?
Oh gosh no, I am so slow about those things!

2. How did you feel about Jess making light of the "friendship" she shared with Bella? Would you have reacted the same way Bella reacted?
I would totally have reacted like Bella. Graduation is so boring!

3. Do you think Bella would have been more excited to graduate if there wasn't the danger from Seattle looming over her? Or do you think she still would have been contemplating the "ending" of her human life?
Well, no really. I think if her life just went along like a regular normal humans life, she'd be equally as lacking of excitement. Ugh, I so was!!!

4. Charlie expresses some concern about not being able to give Bella everything, yet Bella tells him he's been the best dad. How honest do you think Bella was being in that whole conversation?
I think Bella is honest. She's not a liar. It wouls serve no purpose. As flawed as all of our parents probably are... they all do the best. Even those parents that's best isn't good enough.
Sometimes I am not satisfied with my signature!
Twilightlover101
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by Twilightlover101 »

1. When Bella made the connection between the thief and the Seattle newborns, were you surprised? If not, when did you figure it out?
No not really, i mean who else.

2. How did you feel about Jess making light of the "friendship" she shared with Bella? Would you have reacted the same way Bella reacted?
Jessica always had a different agenda so I wasn't really surprised

3. Do you think Bella would have been more excited to graduate if there wasn't the danger from Seattle looming over her? Or do you think she still would have been contemplating the "ending" of her human life?
Nope, bella has issues with big presentations, has anyone else noticed that.

4. Charlie expresses some concern about not being able to give Bella everything, yet Bella tells him he's been the best dad. How honest do you think Bella was being in that whole conversation?
Maybe half half. Half honest.
amulaya
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by amulaya »

I was a little.

No. I would have told her to go somewhere else...

I think Bella hates any kind of public social event. I think would have been hating every minute of it.

I think Bella was being Bella. "Classic Martyr"
"So, who's gonna catch me a grizzly bear?" - Bella
rain.on.me
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by rain.on.me »

I was suprised that Bella was able to figure it out before any of the Cullen's were. I didn't really think much of the connection, though. It fit perfectly with the evidence.

On a normal day I would've been mean to Jess, but since it was Graduation I would've been too caught up in the excitement and end up talked to her.

I think she was distracted because of the Seattle revelation. Otherwise, she might have been more focused on the ceremony.

Bella doesn't want much. She's a simple girl with simple desires. So in her eyes, yes, Charlie was a good dad. In my eyes, Charlie stunk xD
BlueStarlight
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by BlueStarlight »

1. When Bella made the connection between the thief and the Seattle newborns, were you surprised? If not, when did you figure it out? I figured it out when Bella did.

2. How did you feel about Jess making light of the "friendship" she shared with Bella? Would you have reacted the same way Bella reacted? I probably would have reacted the same. Jess was just excited, and was probably ecstatic that Bella's party would be at the Cullens' house, something no doubt she had been dying to see. If being "friends" with Bella got her closer to the beautiful people, then she would do it.

3. Do you think Bella would have been more excited to graduate if there wasn't the danger from Seattle looming over her? Or do you think she still would have been contemplating the "ending" of her human life? Well, good grief, I HOPE she would have been a little more excited if the danger from Seattle weren't as pressing as it was! Yes, I think she still would have been contemplating the "ending" of her human life; that would have been in the forefront of her mind, no matter what else was going on. I just wish she could have enjoyed it more... oh well, maybe next time!!! :lol:

4. Charlie expresses some concern about not being able to give Bella everything, yet Bella tells him he's been the best dad. How honest do you think Bella was being in that whole conversation? It sounds bad, but how could Charlie NOT get her something for Graduation? I mean, come on, it's a milestone... I just don't get it. I think that Bella was as honest as she could be. She never has liked talking emotions with Charlie. She has never liked getting gifts, and she felt weird that he got her a camera for her last birthday. She thinks he's the best dad because of the space has given her concerning Edward; not "really" interfering much; he may not like Edward because he left her, but he respects his family. If Charlie were any other kind of dad, this would not have worked in the story.
mistytwilight85
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by mistytwilight85 »

When I first read Eclipse I was suprised. But after reading it a second time, you could see where the links are and that it really was leading up to this. I just didn't realize it.

Yea, she was ticked at you before and now she's all buddy buddy. It's just because she is graduating and is geting worked up about it. I would have acted the same as Bella, *(WTF?!?)* :lol:

No not really, because she still has to figure out how she is going to tell her family about marrying Edward, and she has to figure out how to tie up the lose ends for when she becomes a vampire. Plus Bella doesn't get excited about that kind of stuff.

I think she was truely being honest. She loves her Dad Soooooo much. She only stayed somewhat alive in NM because of Charlie and Renee. She loves him.
KaylaMarieBlack7

Post by KaylaMarieBlack7 »

I wasnt suprised. I kind of figured it out when they first talked about the thief. Well I didnt know for sure that it was newborn who was in Bellas room. But I was sure it probably had something to do with the killings that were going on in Seattle.

Kind of. But I also understand that graduating does something to people. The ones that you've hated throughout your whole school year just seem to disapear. I noticed that in my senior year.

I think she would still have been contemplating the ending of her human life.

I think she as being pretty honest with him. I mean, he has put up with a lot while she has been living there, and he is able to keep him self in control when it comes to Bella and Edward.
I ♥ Jacob Black.
Ever since New Moon. =]
Riddalyn

Post by Riddalyn »

I had figured it out, like, a chapter earlier. But only because me and someone else were talking about it and I had an "Oh, wait" moment.

Probably. I would have probably just let it go and thought about it a little later. Jessica, for me, is one of those people that is really easy for me to forget about.

I'm sure she still would have been thinking about the end, the beginning. I don't think graduation was ever something to get terribly excited about for Bella, anyways.

I think she was very honest. He has been an excellent father. He always has well placed concern for her, he's always there for her, he knows how to handle her. Just because he can't give her the world doesn't mean he's not the best dad.
Team Jake - Because I Can Take The HEAT
ChristinasHeadache
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by ChristinasHeadache »

No, I suspected it was connected and all Victoria from the moment it first came up in the book.

Jessica is typical of a shallow, two-faced teenage girl. She was Bella's friend when it was convenient for Jessica. I am not a very kind person when I feel like I have been taken advantage of. I would have said "Go find Lauren, you two belong together."

I think she would still be hesitating because of the proposal Edward gave her. While I don't think she would be all gung ho about graduation, she wouldn't be trying to convince them to change her out of fear anymore.

Bella was honest in that no other dad would have been right for her. While personally I believe parents should be friendly with their children, but not allow the children to rule their own lives. I believe Charlie missed out on raising her and therefore did the best he knew how. As children grow and mature, parents also grow and learn. Charlie didn't have this opportunity.
eliselovesedwardx is my TwiTwin!
E<3B Team Edward, Knight in Shiny Volvo!
WreckingBall Operator in EDC Inc.~Lets break down some houses!~
Jr Staff Supervisor in Wingtear's Non-Veggie Vamp Cafe
Elisa the Spanker in Twilight Mafia

Elisabeth33

Post by Elisabeth33 »

Yes, I was surprised.

I would have ignored her.

I'm not sure.

90% honest.