Chapter by Chapter Eclipse Discussion

Moderators: December, Bronze Haired Girl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
vamps4evr
Buying a Better Raincoat

Re: Chapter 15 ~ Wager

Post by vamps4evr »

1. Were you surprised at how undiscouraged Jacob remained, despite Bella’s assertions that she loves only Edward?
nope, he has always had that vibe that he gets what he wants, they are close, closer then most BF couples and I think he really may have a chance and this is his time!! he won't give up!

2. How did you feel about the kiss? Were you shocked like Bella, or did you see it coming? I was a bit shocked, a little boulder than he normally was, but in his mind he had to act fast! I do hate that she really didnt' seem to kiss him back yet he claims and is holding onto that she did!

3. Everyone reacted so differently to the kiss. What did you think about Bella’s reaction? Jacob’s? What about Charlie’s? And how did you think Edward was going to react?
truly I wasn't surprised by many...i loved that bella was so disturbed, she really truly does love edward! I hated that she tried to get away and jacob held her to tight! Im not surprised jaconb continue seemingly unware she was trying to excape, and that he thinks he kissed him back. Also not surprised Charlie was happy!! he has made is quite known his choice of jacob over edward. ALTHOUGH Edward surprised me, he was a bit more gentlemen then i expected - although so in his nature TO be the gentlemen, he wasn't as mad as id expected!! and I LOVE LOVE LOVE this
"But if you ever bring her back damaged again - and I don't care whose fault it is; I don't care if she meerly trips, or if a meteor falls out of the sky and hits her in the head - if you return her to me in less than the perfect condition that I left her in, you will be running with three legs. Do you inderstand that, mongrel?" pg340 *love*

4. Did you feel horror at the news of Jasper and Emmett’s bet, as Bella did?
not really - seems exactly like something they would discuss and ultimatly guess at and laugh at!

5. As you read the end of the chapter, what did you think had Bella particularly concerned when she mused, “Was there a human experience I was not willing to give up?”
she had been getting nervous, rosalie had told her Her story - then Jasper she had LOTS to think about and add that on to the fact that she new she would hurt several people in her life now! it is natural to have a 2nd thought!
spookybell
Part of Carlisle's Clan

Post by spookybell »

1. Were you surprised at how undiscouraged Jacob remained, despite Bella’s assertions that she loves only Edward?
Nope - I think Jake will try forever until...

2. How did you feel about the kiss? Were you shocked like Bella, or did you see it coming?
I didn't see it coming. I am glad Jacob tried. I can't blame him. I wish he kissed her earler... when she really would have kissed him back. She did not kiss him back. I think Jacob deserves a reall kiss from Bella - even if it means that she loves him dearly, but he will still never be Edward.

3. Everyone reacted so differently to the kiss. What did you think about Bella’s reaction? Jacob’s? What about Charlie’s? And how did you think Edward was going to react?
I would have reacted exactly like Bella. Poor Jacob. Charlie impressed me! Eventhough he has preferences for Jacob - he stuck up for his daughter who has made a decision to be with Edward not Jacob. Go Charlie!!! I think Edward knew because Alice told him, or he heard Jacob's thoughts. It was hard for him to know this, but it was necessary for him to sit back and give Bella all the respect she deserves.

Nope! People bet on everything! This is an exciting bet for those 2 boys! Bella is a total wild card!

5. As you read the end of the chapter, what did you think had Bella particularly concerned when she mused, “Was there a human experience I was not willing to give up?”
The first time I read it, I just read it and didn't give it another thought. I can answer that question now, having read it all....
Sometimes I am not satisfied with my signature!
Caitlin...
Settled in Forks

Post by Caitlin... »

no, not really. Jacob has always know that Bella was inlove with Edward.

2. How did you feel about the kiss? Were you shocked like Bella, or did you see it coming?
I was alittle bit shocked that he actully made his move.

punching Jacob was the right thing to do, apart from the fact as it hurt herself instead of him, tho it tells him really how she felt about it.
Loved Charlie reaction to it.
and i love how Edward dosnt give it much tought, because he knows that bella will never choice Jacob, tho even if she dose he will be happy with it because after everything he will do anything to make her happy.

I taught it was so funny, all you can really do when hearing that is laugh.

that she didnt want to die a virgin.
Twilightlover101
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by Twilightlover101 »

Yes, i would never figure out how one person could be so persistent.

mmm, the face rape. I was shocked that he actually did it. I half expected edward to come storming into few and breaking jakes face.

She was obviously fuming. Jacob was pleased *tisk, tisk*. Charlie needs to get his priorities straightened. How else (jerry!jerry!)

Nope, figured as much from emmett.

I was thinking, now what could that be. Get your mind out of the gutter bella!
ShadowNIN
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by ShadowNIN »

No. Jacob is bullheaded and thinks he can win her over.

I saw it coming.

Bella was right the way she reacted and so was Edward. I think he reacted the best out of all of them. Jacob reacted like a typical Jacob. I was upseat at Charlie. I thought he should have been more upset.

Not at all. I think she over reacted

I didn't know.
ImageImage
amulaya
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by amulaya »

No. Jacob is so in love with her it kinda hurts. Ya know?

I saw it coming.

Bella's reaction was funny. She should have known not to hit Jacob. Jacob shouldn't have done it, but he couldn't help himself. Charlie is a typical dad, he wants what he sees as best. And, I thought that Edward would kill him! Kinda wanted him to at first.

lol... No. I thought it was funny. It's a part of the new life that she has chosen for herself. She's gonna have to live with it.

Not sure.
"So, who's gonna catch me a grizzly bear?" - Bella
twilightfan4ever2009
Settled in Forks

Post by twilightfan4ever2009 »

Jacob loves her and it would hurt if you loved someone and they were inlove with someone else.

I kinda saw comming, it was kinda a shock but then I thought that if Jacob really loved Bella he would try to do something to convince her to be with him and not Edward.

Bellas reaction was expected, I would of done the same thing if i were Bella. Jacob was Jacob. Charlie wants whats best for Bella and he thinks thats Jacob so I knew that he would be like how he was. I knew that Edward woudld be angry but I knew he would not hurt Jacob because it would hurt Bella and Edward does not like to see Bella in pain.

Bella was angry at the time because she had just been kissed by Jacob and did not want to and she was acting like that because of how her mood was at the time.

I knew what Bella was talking about.
And so the lion fell in love with the lamb.
(E.C.Is.Mine)
Wandering Through Town

Post by (E.C.Is.Mine) »

I wasn't surprised at how Jacob thought he could eventually win Bella's heart, even with what she said. I knew he'd keep trying.

I was shocked!!! I didn't want it to come! When she kissed him, i was like, "BELLA, WHAT ARE YOU DOING?!" I wanted to slap her, basically. But then i (kind of) understood why she did it later.

Bella's reaction is exactly what I expected. Jacob's was.. ehh. Jacob's. Charlie's was just plain annoying. And I thought Edward would be "mad" as in the sense "his jaw clenched and his eyes tightened", not actually yelling. But yeah, it was confusing.

Yeah, i did. That was bad.

I don't know.. I thought she meant Edward, and just the feeling of kissing someone while still human?
Suffering from bad cases of OCD and OBD.

Check out my fanfics. http://www.fanfiction.net/u/1699752/omf ... s-my-lover
rain.on.me
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by rain.on.me »

He's a stubborn and rude, so no, not surprising.

I absolutely hated it!!!! Bella was such a w.h.o.r.e (not sure if that word is allowed on here. But at least she felt guilty for it afterwords.

Bella's=two thumbs up. Jake's=two thumbs down. Edward's=two thumbs up. Charlie's=one thumb down.

Nope, Bella overreacted. Of course, I'm not in Bella's position, so I couldn't be sure at how I'd feel exactly.

I was not sure at all.
mistytwilight85
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by mistytwilight85 »

No. Jacob is a love sick puppy lol :lol: He will do ANYTHING to try and win Bella back. No matter what it takes.

I kind of saw it coming, but not like that. I didn't think it would be AS forceful, so that kind of shocked me he did it like that. I think he was being a jerk. He was trying to force Bella to want him, and it didn't work.

I think Bella was shocked, angry, and saddened by what Jacob did. She knows that he felt this way about her but she is shocked that he actually acted on those feelings. I think she is sad because she knows that she kind of caused this because she knows how he felt about her yet she was still sort of leading him on. She was also REALLY ticked off because he kissed her without her permission. Jacob is happy about it. I don't think he regrets it at all. He still thinks that she is going to realize from the kiss that she wants him and not Edward, so he is happy about it. Charlie I think is happy or atleast doesn't mind that Jake kissed Bella, he is just not happy that he forced himself on her. I think he is amused about Bella punching him though. I seriously thought Edward was going to KILL Jacob, espically when he saw she had broken her hand. I was shocked when he didn't fight Jacob atleast. I figured that he might not have killed him, but he would have given him a good beat down. *sigh* Edward you are truely a gentleman! :lol:

No. I found it amusing. Of course Emmet would do something like this, and Jasper wants to believe that Bella will have a hard time so he isn't the only one with problems keeping to the Cullens way of life.

I had no clue, but after finishing Eclipse and BD, I know now lmao. :lol: :mrgreen: