1. Were you surprised at how undiscouraged Jacob remained, despite Bella’s assertions that she loves only Edward?
No. He knows she loves him too. Also, he only trusts his own judgement on things.
2. How did you feel about the kiss? Were you shocked like Bella, or did you see it coming?
I knew he'd kiss her, but I didn't think he'd be so aggressive with it. I also didn't think he'd be arrogant enough to congratulate himself about it while driving her home with a hand she broke slugging him in the face. Honestly, his behaviour here is absolutely repulsive.
3. Everyone reacted so differently to the kiss. What did you think about Bella’s reaction? Jacob’s? What about Charlie’s? And how did you think Edward was going to react?
I thought Bella had the right reaction. Whatever her feelings for Jake, he had no right to do that to her. Jacob's reaction was disgraceful, and he went further than I thought he would, especially in the self congratulation. This was where I really started to dislike Jacob. Charlie's reaction was also completely unacceptable. I liked him up until that point, but there is no excuse for congratulating the guy who's just assaulted your daughter, even if you do hope he ends up with her. The mere fact that Jacob did that should have been a deal breaker for Charlie right there, and it brought home to me just how one eyed his prejudice was. It is completely unacceptable. I thought Edward should have reacted more strongly as well. I understand that he's trying to back off and let Bella make her own decisions, but this was a little beyond that. Jake effectively forced himself on Bella, and she objected enough to break her hand trying to stop him, so that was enough, I think, to justify a stronger reaction from Edward.
4. Did you feel horror at the news of Jasper and Emmett’s bet, as Bella did?
Yes I did. It shows a lot about their respect (or lack of) for human beings, that they would bet on such a thing.
5. As you read the end of the chapter, what did you think had Bella particularly concerned when she mused, “Was there a human experience I was not willing to give up?”
One word - S E X!