Chapter by Chapter Eclipse Discussion

Moderators: December, Bronze Haired Girl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
misskiley
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Re: Chapter 14 ~ Declaration

Post by misskiley »

1. If Edward had shared Jacob’s thoughts with Bella (when he drops her off at the LaPush boundary line) do you think it would have caused Bella to acknowledge the pain she was causing Jacob and prevented the “Jacob-kiss” from happening?
Yes,..I think Bella may have avoided the whole situation all together.. I didn't really think Jacob would think about how he was going to kiss Bella when he knew Edward was reading this thoughts,.. I think Edward would have flipped out.

2. Bella describes in detail why she wants Edward to change her. If she is going to be changed, do you think he wants to be the one to do it?
Of course Edward wants to be the one to do it. I think he would never never never want her to become a vampire, but I'm pretty sure if it was going to happen,.. he would want to be the one to do it.

3. What can you attribute Bella’s ambivalence about marriage to?
She doesn't want to follow in her mom's foot steps. She feels she might disappoint her if she does the same thing,.. and she would be the gossip and know everyone is thinking bad things about,.. which doesn't make sense because she doesn't care what people thing about her.

4. Bella constantly makes the distinction between the Jacob she likes—her young friend and the bitter werewolf Jacob who “bugs the hell” out of her. What do you think Stephenie’s purpose is in highlighting this throughout the book?
That the transformation changed him a lot,.. like he has bi-polar or something haha.. JK. It shows it's possible to love someone even if they are an Why are we talking about a donkey? sometimes.. because they are themselves deep down inside.

5. Is is shocking that Bella would consider having Edward kill a human in order to gain an advantage in the fight against the newborns?
Kind of,.. since she's so against it. But she also would do anything for Edward and wants the best for him. It wouldn't surprise me if she felt kinda differently if he really did it though.
Brienna
Has Caught Sight of Edward

Post by Brienna »

1. If Edward had shared Jacob’s thoughts with Bella (when he drops her off at the LaPush boundary line) do you think it would have caused Bella to acknowledge the pain she was causing Jacob and prevented the “Jacob-kiss” from happening?
Edward wouldn't tell her, because he's afraid Bella might pick Jake over him. But even if he would've shared, it wouldn't change a thing. Jake would still try and Bella would still feel sorry for his pain, so it might have gone even worse if she'd known.

2. Bella describes in detail why she wants Edward to change her. If she is going to be changed, do you think he wants to be the one to do it?
Yes and no. I think he would also feel that she was totally his if he did. But I also think he wouldn't want to be responsible for putting her in so much pain.

The way she was raised. And feeling embarrassed for what people might think.

4. Bella constantly makes the distinction between the Jacob she likes—her young friend and the bitter werewolf Jacob who “bugs the hell” out of her. What do you think Stephenie’s purpose is in highlighting this throughout the book?
To show that Jacob actually changed because of the pain he's feeling.

5. Is is shocking that Bella would consider having Edward kill a human in order to gain an advantage in the fight against the newborns?
Yes, I think it is shocking. But Bella would consider anything if it would keep Edward safe.
Gochiruzeru
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by Gochiruzeru »

I think Bella was already aware of how much pain Jacob was in -- he probably would have tried anyway.

I think he probably would. He said himself that deep inside, he wishes he could do it, but he fears for her soul, and that's why he's so hesitant. I think that if anyone did it, it would be best for it to be him.

The way she was raised.

To show us that Bella is more torn when it comes to Jacob, and that her love for him isn't as unconditional as it is for Edward.

No. She has said many times in the past that love is irrational, and no matter what, Edward would be perfect to her. She would always want Edward to be safe, at any cost.
Tornado
Member: LaPush Cliff Diving Team

Post by Tornado »

No. She would still have wanted to go and see him, even if just to talk it through (and because she finds it hard to stay away). It also depends exactly what Jake was thinking.

Yes, I do. If it comes to a point where it has to be, I think he would rather do it himself, because he loves her and wants her to belong to him in every way possible. Also because he is a control freak.

Largely to her parents' marriage, and the fact that she doesn't think it expresses eternal commitment as much as becoming a vampire.

Just that there are two sides to Jake. There is the nice, carefree side, and the side that became bitter when he was forced to become a werewolf.